READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I tried it for the first time yesterday and tried again today (both times at 1:00 -- I'm in Central time and don't foresee being able to try at 6:00 a.m. that often) -- I believe both times I got in. I know when I try now it says that the virtual queue is not currently enrolling additional guests, but yesterday and today, it stopped me by asking me if I had a park reservation after hitting "join" I think 3 times, so I think that means I got in. Do you agree?

I think I'll be too nervous to have anyone else log into my account to also try at the same time -- it sounds like it typically works, but the glitch potential worries me. I'll have 3 days to try -- so 6 shots at it, so I guess I'll just keep practicing for the next two months. Thanks for all the tips on here!

Yes, you can download the app for your family and sign in under your account. You can also link your account to you mom’s account. It will NOT mess things up. You can try for a boarding group in your account only, OR your mom can also try from hers. It doesn’t matter. As long as everyone in your group has a park pass to HS that particular day, then everyone is eligible to get a boarding group including your mom. She doesn’t have to ride it, if she doesn’t want to. Once you are linked, you can see each other’s itinerary if you set it up that way.

We had 10 people on our trip, but we only had 2 MDE accounts. I had my family on mine. My best friend had her family on hers. Our group was linked. There were 8 of us trying for a boarding group under those 2 accounts. We all had a HS park pass on 2 different days. So when one member from our party was successful, all 10 of us automatically got a boarding group.
How do I link my account with my mom?

We got Boarding Group 8 this morning! And of course after all my practicing, it was DH who got us in! My phone just lagged on that 3rd screen so I’m so thankful he pulled it off after only 1 practice.

We’re at Coronado Springs, both used our own data. He has Verizon and an iPhone 12. I have AT&T and an iPhone 8, so maybe that had something to do with it. Data definitely quicker than resort WiFi!

We got Boarding Group 8 this morning! And of course after all my practicing, it was DH who got us in! My phone just lagged on that 3rd screen so I’m so thankful he pulled it off after only 1 practice.

We’re at Coronado Springs, both used our own data. He has Verizon and an iPhone 12. I have AT&T and an iPhone 8, so maybe that had something to do with it. Data definitely quicker than resort WiFi!
Congrats! We just got BG 84 using wifi with Sprint. I wonder if I would've had an earlier group if I used data...not concerned, just wondering how the timing of the groups work. Am I looking at near closing or midday? Wondering cause we have TS lunch and dinner scheduled for a break.

Congrats! We just got BG 84 using wifi with Sprint. I wonder if I would've had an earlier group if I used data...not concerned, just wondering how the timing of the groups work. Am I looking at near closing or midday? Wondering cause we have TS lunch and dinner scheduled for a break.
We were 86 on Friday and called at 1pm

No, you can be anywhere in the world! In fact it is worth practising at home. To succeed you have to have tickets/an AP and a park reservations for HS. You have to be in HS for the 13.00 drop though. Good luck!

Does anyone know how flexible they are if you get your boarding passes from off site but arrive after they've been called? My group was already going to be pushing it and now their flights got bumped later in the day, so now our only option is trying to get a boarding group before we board our flights in the morning. We won't get to the park until right around 1, probably slightly after. (It wasn't my call to put DHS on our arrival day, but it's what the others decided will work best for them and I've already ridden it several times, so I'm following their lead. We'll be able to hop to DHS on other days for other rides, but arrival day will be our only chance for RotR.) Just wondering if we'll lose out entirely if we get early boarding passes, but we don't get there until the afternoon or if they'll still let us use them.

Does anyone know how flexible they are if you get your boarding passes from off site but arrive after they've been called? My group was already going to be pushing it and now their flights got bumped later in the day, so now our only option is trying to get a boarding group before we board our flights in the morning. We won't get to the park until right around 1, probably slightly after. (It wasn't my call to put DHS on our arrival day, but it's what the others decided will work best for them and I've already ridden it several times, so I'm following their lead. We'll be able to hop to DHS on other days for other rides, but arrival day will be our only chance for RotR.) Just wondering if we'll lose out entirely if we get early boarding passes, but we don't get there until the afternoon or if they'll still let us use them.
It's up to individual cast member discretion. I'm sure as long as everything is working properly, they'd allow you on, but just explain your flight delay situation.

I got to try for real today helping my aunt and her family who are in the park. At the 1pm drop I got them boarding group 90. It was really nice to be able to see how it works real-time since all I’ve been able to do up to this point is practice. I’m at home in TX and stayed on Wifi after running a test on Fast.com and had a result of 61 mbps. I was logged into my aunt’s account and she was also trying from the park logged into the same account. She never got past the 2nd screen. She said it’s very crowded at DHS today.

We're in FL now visiting parents before getting to WDW on Weds. Had a 100% success rate in practices for the last few weeks. Today while at the pool I noticed the time and did another practice. Unsuccessful!! 😬😱 I didn't have time to close other apps, be in the MDE for a minute, etc. But now I'm nervous the crowds are going to be an issue. 🤞🤞

After I hit the first join button, it asks for how many in my party.

I hit select all, and then hit join

am I doing something wrong?
Seems like you guys don’t have to do that and just hit join again

After I hit the first join button, it asks for how many in my party.

I hit select all, and then hit join

am I doing something wrong?
Seems like you guys don’t have to do that and just hit join again
You don’t need to hit ‘select all’. On the day you’re going to DHS all people on your list with a park reservation will automatically be selected.

If you’re practicing nobody has a park reservation so it’s working as it should. Just ignore this question and click join as quickly as possible.

Edit: I take that back, I did actually hit the third Join, after reviewing my screen recording.

Today's practice went a little different. The F&F list page went into the routine of 'Checking for Boarding Groups' without fully loading to allow me to hit the Join on the bottom, and it just took me to the 'Park Reservation Not Found'. That's a good sign but I do not like deviations :)

Last edited:
There is no need to delete anyone. On the day you are actually getting the BG, anyone in your list with a park reservation for that day will automatically be selected. What I do is open the app and scroll down to the AT ATs on the home page. When my phone clock turns from 6:59am to 7 (or 12:59 to 1) I immediately click the join button, then join again on the next 2 screens. Do not hesitate or stop to read anything, just Join x3.
I have practiced a couple of times and during practice I had to select all. Do you think that is because I was not tied to park reservation. Meaning tomorrow they will all be selected because we are all tied to the park That day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter