READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the first of our 2 days at HS. My husband was on 4G data and I was on WiFi, from OKW. Of course he practiced once (not voluntarily) and he got BG68. I did a speed test and it kinda varied on which one was faster.

Thanks for all the help here. Can't wait to ride!

So I have been lining up the join buttons but when it gets to the second screen I get info about the attraction (not the all full screen) not the second join button. Am I not lined up enough?
FYI we have not bothered to line up the join buttons on the different pages. We practiced successfully several times, though, so maybe we learned where the buttons were on our phones. We’ve gotten BGs every time we’ve tried, just concentrating on hitting Join, Join, Join and nothing else.

I meant an acronym for that particular section of the app....not the picture/robot! Ha!
It's caused confusion a couple times. There is a really good post on about page 500 that is linked on the first page- it contains screenshots for the process (including the AT-AT picture). It's easy to miss that link/not click on it though! I wonder if there's a way to get the screenshots added to the first post? @scrappinginontario- can a mod do this or would Ryan have to since he started the thread?

So I have been lining up the join buttons but when it gets to the second screen I get info about the attraction (not the all full screen) not the second join button. Am I not lined up enough?
Could be a couple thing...are you just hitting the screen exactly where your first join button is? I did this the first practice.

I hit join from at at and then immediately hit the same spot when the screen changed and I got the ride info. By the time I got back to the blue join, spots were gone.

The next day I hit join from at at right at 1pm and noticed there actually was NOT a blue join button showing yet. So I pulled down to refresh and the blue button showed, I clicked and "got" a BG (no reservations, so got the "is everyone in the park" notice).

So the next day I hit join from at at around 12:59 and waited on that page until 1pm. I pulled down to refresh when clock hit 1, saw the blue join, hit it and got the BG.

I am a little worried that my old budget LG mobile with Android 7 won't do the job when it comes to joining a BG. It did work pretty well during my January 2020 trip, but that was back when the "in the park" rule was still in force. I'm actually upgrading to a much better Samsung-model phone in the hope that it will keep me in the game this May. My recollection from last year is that 6 or 7 seconds was the threshold, but now it sounds like it's closer to 2 seconds. :crazy:

Ah, I thought those were dated judging from the first few lines, but I'll read through it more thoroughly.

Just looked through the first posts and it says that you need to be in the park, so it seems that those are indeed dated. I'm looking for a definitive post that has all the info one would need and steps to follow for the most recent process.

Just looked through the first posts and it says that you need to be in the park, so it seems that those are indeed dated. I'm looking for a definitive post that has all the info one would need and steps to follow for the most recent process.

Keep reading and look for the titled section for opening since covid

Keep reading and look for the titled section for opening since covid

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid - reading through a post with misleading information in it at the start than then corrects later on, as that will likely cause confusion. If this doesn't exist, then I'll manage, but thought someone may have gathered this and posted recently.

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid - reading through a post with misleading information in it at the start than then corrects later on, as that will likely cause confusion. If this doesn't exist, then I'll manage, but thought someone may have gathered this and posted recently.
Unfortunately, post #1 has been updated with the most recent information, although I agree with you it would be better if they had deleted the earlier instructions about being inside the park at opening and replaced it with clear statement that it’s now 7 AM from anywhere!

One problem is that the moderator who started and used to maintain this thread is no longer a moderator, so updates are handled in the quickest and most efficient way, not necessarily the best from the new reader’s point of view.

I am consistently getting logged out when I click join on the AT-AT screen. Is this happening to anyone else? Obviously if that happens on my day I am done. I am not sure how to fix it.

I am consistently getting logged out when I click join on the AT-AT screen. Is this happening to anyone else? Obviously if that happens on my day I am done. I am not sure how to fix it.
I click joint on the AT AT screen and have not had a problem. I'm using an iPhone 10.

Shot down in flames this am, first time ‘practicing’ since RL application in October. It literally went in seconds.o_O

Have had a good success rate in the past, usually allow 2 days there JIK 1st is a failure. Tempted to add 3 now & hope to switch parks if necessary.

One problem is that the moderator who started and used to maintain this thread is no longer a moderator, so updates are handled in the quickest and most efficient way, not necessarily the best from the new reader’s point of view.
Closing in on a thousand pages here, likely time for fresh thread sooner vs later

Today was the first of our 2 days at HS. My husband was on 4G data and I was on WiFi, from OKW. Of course he practiced once (not voluntarily) and he got BG68. I did a speed test and it kinda varied on which one was faster.

Thanks for all the help here. Can't wait to ride!
Haha, sounds like my DH, had to drag him kicking and screaming to practice. The 4G does seem to make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter