READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When practicing at home, do you still get off WiFi and do it on data?

And to confirm that I’ve read this right, the 1pm BG requires you to be in the HS park, right?

And to confirm that I’ve read this right, the 1pm BG requires you to be in the HS park, right?
When we practiced at home we stayed on our home wifi. I also had location services for my MDE app turned on, as usual, but I'm not sure what my DH did there.

And yes, the 1 pm BG requires you to have entered DHS with a park pass reservation that day. I haven't seen any reports from someone who entered DHS in the morning and then left before 1 pm and tried for a BG, so I don't know whether you actually have to be there at 1 pm.

Thanks for all the tips on this thread! We got BG1 from the Swan this morning and rode around noon due to the ride breaking down while we were in queue. Fantastic ride experience!

Re: the above question, we left DHS and were back in our hotel room at 1pm. I tried again to see what happens and it took me almost to the end (had to manually select my spouse), but after selecting my party, it wouldn't let me proceed as I had already obtained a BG earlier. So I think you don't have to be in DHS once you've scanned in beforehand, but not official!

Thanks for all the tips on this thread! We got BG1 from the Swan this morning and rode around noon due to the ride breaking down while we were in queue. Fantastic ride experience!

Re: the above question, we left DHS and were back in our hotel room at 1pm. I tried again to see what happens and it took me almost to the end (had to manually select my spouse), but after selecting my party, it wouldn't let me proceed as I had already obtained a BG earlier. So I think you don't have to be in DHS once you've scanned in beforehand, but not official!
You are correct that you don’t need to be in the park to try fir a BG but it’s also locked to only allow a guest to ride once per day.

congrats! How exciting. What’s the pull down method? It’s time for me to practice for our trip in 50+ days.
I click on “join” on the main page of the app, and pull down to refresh the 2nd page until the next join button pops up. I started refreshing at 6:59:55

Omg what time did it break down? We rode about 8:45 so I’m glad we got on when we did!

I always practiced off wifi and just used data.

My DH, 2 teen kids and I will be there in March. Was going to log into my daughter's phone on my MDE (so I would be logged into 2 phones essentially). And, have my DH log into my son's phone. So, there could be up to 4 of us trying for a boarding group. I saw others say that you could have 2 people trying with the same login. But, how does that work? What if we both get one? Or can that just not happen? I don't want to screw it up or have them error out because there are multiple people using the same account. Thanks everyone!!

My DH, 2 teen kids and I will be there in March. Was going to log into my daughter's phone on my MDE (so I would be logged into 2 phones essentially). And, have my DH log into my son's phone. So, there could be up to 4 of us trying for a boarding group. I saw others say that you could have 2 people trying with the same login. But, how does that work? What if we both get one? Or can that just not happen? I don't want to screw it up or have them error out because there are multiple people using the same account. Thanks everyone!!
Lots of people do this. The faster phone will get the bg, the rest will just give an error.

Do I remember reading that you don't have to stop and select each family member with you when reserving?
yes. All of your family snd friends with a park reservation that day will be selected. Don’t stop to check just click Join, Join, join or you will miss out. BGs are filling in 2-3 seconds.

Saw the first blue join this morning but that was as far as I got. It then went red and told me all BG were full. Within 3 seconds using time.gov. It really goes that fast, on a Monday, during Jan. in COVID?

Saw the first blue join this morning but that was as far as I got. It then went red and told me all BG were full. Within 3 seconds using time.gov. It really goes that fast, on a Monday, during Jan. in COVID?
Sadly yes. 2-3 seconds is the norm. You can try again at 1pm. It’s recommended to just click as fast as possible and not read anything. Also, I watch the clock and the second it changes to 1pm I start clicking, not waiting for anything to change colours. I have been practicing from home following this recommended method and would have been successful each day for a week.

I hope 1pm is better for you if you’re there today.

I'm so excited, I just got boarding group 1 for today!! It was my first time actually trying after much practice at home. We are staying at Royal Pacific at Universal. I went outside by the pool to get better signal. My phone said I was on 4G and had 4 bars. I have a Samsung S20 on Verizon network.

Thanks so much everyone for all the help in this thread! Love you guys!!! We're off to the park.....

Failed this morning so hoping to try at 1 pm. Two people in party, and assuming we both enter the park before 1 pm, I assume only one of us actually needs to be there at 1 pm?

Failed this morning so hoping to try at 1 pm. Two people in party, and assuming we both enter the park before 1 pm, I assume only one of us actually needs to be there at 1 pm?
no everyone wanting to ride has to enter the park before 1pm to try at 1pm, or else the system will show that person as not there

no everyone wanting to ride has to enter the park before 1pm to try at 1pm, or else the system will show that person as not there
Do we need to be in the park to score a 1PM BG? Can we leave for lunch and still get a 1PM BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter