READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What threw me off was saying the button on the second screen turned blue. Yes, if the button on the second screen is red immediately when you go to it you can push that and go right to the screen to select your boarding group. But, in my tests that button is almost never red if I hit Find Out More (or the AT AT picture) right at 8:00. Waiting 2 or 3 seconds before hitting Find Out More isn’t any better than taking the same 2 or 3 seconds to hit My Status and going to the next screen.
Yeah that’s my bad as I could not recall the color of the Join button on screen 2. That stinks that you haven’t been successful in getting the button right away or even waiting a couple of seconds doesn’t help. Given that some are reporting that they may be a little behind Disney’s clock, you could be slightly ahead. Maybe being there will be the trick for you! In any event you’ll be prepared.

A video really isn’t necessary. Post 1 or 2 clearly explains what buttons to push. They take a second to push each one. You can practice at home until the ‘is everyone on the park screen?’ is displayed. The challenge is right now you have about a 1 min window each day to practice. I practiced today and got through the steps twice before backup groups were gone at 8:01.
Yeah, but I know my wife and kids. Screenshots aren’t enough, they’ll do better with a video

Interesting. I wonder if they’ve done away with the AM 1 hour return window message?

On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:
I did upgrade from iPhone 8 to 11 for ROTR. My DH now has my 8. His IPhone 6 was useless. He could not get the app to work to even make FPs so BG would have been impossible. Now we can both try for BG.

Last edited:

Do we think they will keep Spring Break hours at 9a-8:30p or change to 8a-8:30p? I do not believe Spring Break will become 7a opening since they did not adjust President's Day weekend for 7a.

If it stays 9a-8:30p is that more helpful for boarding groups cause it effects people who want to get a BG than RD another park or it will just be worse cause it is later and easier to make?

Do we think they will keep Spring Break hours at 9a-8:30p or change to 8a-8:30p? I do not believe Spring Break will become 7a opening since they did not adjust President's Day weekend for 7a.

If it stays 9a-8:30p is that more helpful for boarding groups cause it effects people who want to get a BG than RD another park or it will just be worse cause it is later and easier to make?

It'll move earlier. And the later time makes it worse as more people can make it. My opinions anyhow.

I would be shocked it they don't move it earlier - by then in addition to RotR also have MMRR bringing crowds.

I agree with the other poster, I think it’ll move to 8 (and am preparing my fam to be at the bus stop according to that time), and I think the later the opening the faster they go, both because of more people and less operating hours.

We are on our way to WDW right now (currently in South Carolina). This news of how fast even the backups are going is stressing me a bit for our DHS day on Monday - but still trying to feel like I am as prepared as I can be as what will happen will happen and only the Ancients know.

At least now the results will be like ripping a bandaid - we will know very fast how we did!

Feel bad for you @TheMaxRebo, but wish you the best and you're as prepared as anyone. Things have really tightened up time wise right here before your trip, pretty much the opposite of what I'm sure you were hoping for.

On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:

I'm good on the latest phone part. But I am feeling the need to increase my budget to buy some friends to help from home. :goodvibes

I assume they mean go to settings, battery, and make sure low power mode isn’t on. It’s typically only on when you have les than 20% battery unless you purposely turn it on earlier.
Low Power mode sometimes persists after you’ve charged up a bit. (I can’t remember when it switches back to full power, but on my IPhone 7, it could be well up past 60% and still in “low power mode” and if I’m not still charging it up, I have to reset it to full power manually in settings>battery. MDE uses a ton of power, so low power mode does slow it down.) Also, FWIW, I have official word from Agnes at Disney Tech that Bluetooth is not necessary in that app for securing a boarding group, so I’m keeping that feature turned-off while I try for boarding groups. It’s a huge power drainer.

I wonder if they should limit a BG to once every few days. Would that reduce the demand of same groups riding multiple days in a row and let others have a chance?

I dont know if that's a large percentage of people but anything would help right now. Seems more fair.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked they kept park opening at 8 this weekend. Seems the ride is barely limping along right now. I guess we should be grateful they haven't just shut it down altogether to try to work on it.

Realistic expectations and an honest evaluation as to whether it's worth it or not are necessary these days for each group or individual. I think there are some families who would be better off not trying at this time.
In a way it would be nice if the park opened earlier at busy times like this week but at the same time, the 7am opening can be awful for some people making them not enjoy their trip as much.
When we go in April, I’m hoping that it’s not a 7am opening because dragging my family from the Poly resort to get an Uber at 5:50am would not only be hard but it may also make them wish we did a different vacation. Not only waking up before 5:30am on vacation but also standing in a crowd with thousands of people...
Getting an Uber at 6:50am seems a little more humane.

That is what I am worried about. We are a large multi generational group and none of us are even remotely Star Wars fans. It’s going to be hard to coordinate ourselves and more challenging to get a BG with having to select so many names. I do feel like this ride sounds awesome though and it worth the ride even for Non- Star Wars people.

We have two both HS days - one pre MMRR and one post MMRR. Oddly I am way more excited for MMRR and we do have a FP for that. We are planning on afternoon breaks both days. I’m wondering if it’s even worthwhile to go through the stress of trying to get a boarding group, then waiting around all day for the possibility of maybe getting called. Or just scrapping that plan all together and enjoying our days otherwise. We do go annually so we will presumably be able to ride it next year. On the other hand, I feel like while I am there I really should at least try ? My FOMO is real...

I know you have already had several people respond. It’s difficult to compare it to FOP because I don’t want to even hint at spoilers. The ride is definitely next-level! BUT if I wasn’t a fan of Star Wars and I was stressed out with the thought of solely being responsible for getting a BG for everyone, I would skip it for this trip. It would make me cranky and I would feel like I let people down if I wasn’t able to get one. You said that your family goes every year, so maybe you save it for the next trip when it is just your family. OR, a PP’s suggestion of splitting up is a good one too. Go with those who are willing to get up early and be in the thick of it all with you!

I also want to add that you CAN have multiple people signed in to one account trying for a BG on multiple devices. That can potentially increase your odds. Also, you don’t have to individually select names. You just check the box that says “select all” and boom! You’re done.

The good news is that you still have plenty of time, and you can even decide once you’re there...even the day of!

Has anyone gone straight to eat breakfast in GE at 8:02 rather than getting in line for a ride? Is it mobbed or pretty quiet for the first half hour?

I was near Woody’s lunchbox and I don’t recall it getting mobbed. Plus, you can always mobile order. 👍

I know you have already had several people respond. It’s difficult to compare it to FOP because I don’t want to even hint at spoilers. The ride is definitely next-level! BUT if I wasn’t a fan of Star Wars and I was stressed out with the thought of solely being responsible for getting a BG for everyone, I would skip it for this trip. It would make me cranky and I would feel like I let people down if I wasn’t able to get one. You said that your family goes every year, so maybe you save it for the next trip when it is just your family. OR, a PP’s suggestion of splitting up is a good one too. Go with those who are willing to get up early and be in the thick of it all with you!

I also want to add that you CAN have multiple people signed in to one account trying for a BG on multiple devices. That can potentially increase your odds. Also, you don’t have to individually select names. You just check the box that says “select all” and boom! You’re done.

The good news is that you still have plenty of time, and you can even decide once you’re there...even the day of!

I was near Woody’s lunchbox and I don’t recall it getting mobbed. Plus, you can always mobile order. 👍

thank you! I have 45 people in my friends and family list:faint: and trying to find the 11 is time consuming . But now that you say that, maybe we can all log on my husbands account - he has far fewer friends.:laughing:
And you’re right - the stress may not be worth it since we do go every year and it may be more doable next March. I will watch boarding groups closely over the next 2 weeks and keep practicing with my fastest fingers !

thank you! I have 45 people in my friends and family list:faint: and trying to find the 11 is time consuming . But now that you say that, maybe we can all log on my husbands account - he has far fewer friends.:laughing:
And you’re right - the stress may not be worth it since we do go every year and it may be more doable next March. I will watch boarding groups closely over the next 2 weeks and keep practicing with my fastest fingers !

45 people?!?! Do you need to keep them all there? Goodness sakes, that's a lot!

Low Power mode sometimes persists after you’ve charged up a bit. (I can’t remember when it switches back to full power, but on my IPhone 7, it could be well up past 60% and still in “low power mode” and if I’m not still charging it up, I have to reset it to full power manually in settings>battery. MDE uses a ton of power, so low power mode does slow it down.) Also, FWIW, I have official word from Agnes at Disney Tech that Bluetooth is not necessary in that app for securing a boarding group, so I’m keeping that feature turned-off while I try for boarding groups. It’s a huge power drainer.
It stays in Low power mode until 80% if you don’t manually take it out of low power mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts