READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez. I need a new, more accurate clock. Lol.

I opened app at 7:59, thinking I was too early and immediately saw back up boarding group displayed.

I’ve been following along in anticipation of our March trip. I practiced today and after two “successful” taps on the red button I did get a backup one.
Has anyone gone straight to eat breakfast in GE at 8:02 rather than getting in line for a ride? Is it mobbed or pretty quiet for the first half hour?

We are on our way to WDW right now (currently in South Carolina). This news of how fast even the backups are going is stressing me a bit for our DHS day on Monday - but still trying to feel like I am as prepared as I can be as what will happen will happen and only the Ancients know.

At least now the results will be like ripping a bandaid - we will know very fast how we did!

I’ve been following along in anticipation of our March trip. I practiced today and after two “successful” taps on the red button I did get a backup one.
Has anyone gone straight to eat breakfast in GE at 8:02 rather than getting in line for a ride? Is it mobbed or pretty quiet for the first half hour?

From reading reports it seems like Starbucks is crazy but the actual food locations are light with Docking Bay 7, etc being pretty empty first thing

That indicates you should be successful. The main glitch people run into after that is people not being registered as in the park.

amazing thank you!! am I right that if that happens it is best to continue and get the boarding group quickly and then go to GET where they can hopefully help?

Geez. I need a new, more accurate clock. Lol.

I opened app at 7:59, thinking I was too early and immediately saw back up boarding group displayed.
I'm having flashbacks to the day when they recommended synchronizing clocks with the one at the Naval Observatory before calling in for CRT reservations (back when it was a princess meal only for breakfast).

The park is probably crazy crowded. It’s a nice Saturday for the locals and the start of Presidents week vacation for most of the northeast

I just erased an overlong post I was writing about how I'd never seen Avatar and loved Pandora and both rides and how I'm not a Star Wars fan, although I am familiar with a lot of it, yet I loved Batuu and RotR.

RotR is the most innovative "ride" (really, it's an immersive experience, not just a "ride") that Disney has ever done. There's a reason people are willing to get up early, stand in line, and play the BG game--and do it more than once a trip. Yes, there are things you won't get or appreciate as much as a Star Wars fan will, but even if you'd never heard of Star Wars, I don't really see how you wouldn't be incredibly impressed by it and probably blown away, as we were.

You've got a lot of people in your group. Do all of you have to stay together? Maybe just some of you could do this on a designated morning?

I know there are posters here who are saying they weren't all that impressed or that their DD loved ToT more (perhaps she prefers thrill rides), but if you love Pandora and love Disney storytelling, I'd have to say that RotR is not to be missed. Do yourself a favor and do NOT watch any videos of the ride and stay far away from spoilers.

So, yes, I think it's worth it. Just cut out the worrying part--it won't change anything!

Okay thanks - you have me convinced to go for it. Realistically there’s probably 8 of us that would want to try ... some of the kids are too small and my parents really don’t care either way.

For those that say they don’t ever see the backup boarding group message, do you go back to the main app screen where you can scroll to your plans, park hours, etc, or just go between the 2 Star Wars screens?

For me, I go all the way back to the main screen and typically see the the backup message by 35-40 seconds after 8. Just wondering if not going back is why you’re not seeing the backup message.

Just bumping my question since no one responded. I tried looking on YouTube but got a bunch of 20-30 minute long videos that didn’t really show the process of using the app.
A video really isn’t necessary. Post 1 or 2 clearly explains what buttons to push. They take a second to push each one. You can practice at home until the ‘is everyone on the park screen?’ is displayed. The challenge is right now you have about a 1 min window each day to practice. I practiced today and got through the steps twice before backup groups were gone at 8:01.

For those that say they don’t ever see the backup boarding group message, do you go back to the main app screen where you can scroll to your plans, park hours, etc, or just go between the 2 Star Wars screens?

For me, I go all the way back to the main screen and typically see the the backup message by 35-40 seconds after 8. Just wondering if not going back is why you’re not seeing the backup message.
No, I practiced all through January leading up to our trip 1/24-28 and when I'm working in the mornings and on the laptop and if I noticed it's around 8, I'll usually try just in case someone needs more data. I've never missed the backup message. Today was the first time. (Unless I'm misunderstanding the question? :) )

Edited to add, I usually start from the main screen and hit "find out more".

BG 8 just got called, 2 hours return time
Interesting. I wonder if they’ve done away with the AM 1 hour return window message?

On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:

I saw the backup boarding group message on the main page; just the words. I didn't get a pop-up warning today.

practiced this morning and at the stroke of 8:00:00 I hit “Find out more” and boarding group available. Actually turned red (correction from what I said yesterday that it was blue) right after I went to the second screen. No need to hit “my status” which then goes to screen #3 for the blue “join boarding group” button.

I do agree we are best prepared knowing we may need to take the extra step in real time but wanted @wisblue to know that it’s possible to do it in two steps vs three.

What threw me off was saying the button on the second screen turned blue. Yes, if the button on the second screen is red immediately when you go to it you can push that and go right to the screen to select your boarding group. But, in my tests that button is almost never red if I hit Find Out More (or the AT AT picture) right at 8:00. Waiting 2 or 3 seconds before hitting Find Out More isn’t any better than taking the same 2 or 3 seconds to hit My Status and going to the next screen.

Interesting. I wonder if they’ve done away with the AM 1 hour return window message?

On a side note, is anyone else feeling the pressure to increase their Disney $$ budget to include the price of purchasing the latest and greatest phone purely to hopefully snag a BG for a 30 min ride?? :rotfl2:
Cm all along said that the one hour was a glitch
I was on a Galaxy note 8, not neccessarily the latest phone :)

A video really isn’t necessary. Post 1 or 2 clearly explains what buttons to push. They take a second to push each one. You can practice at home until the ‘is everyone on the park screen?’ is displayed. The challenge is right now you have about a 1 min window each day to practice. I practiced today and got through the steps twice before backup groups were gone at 8:01.
I think that’s the OPs issue, she can’t or doesn’t want to show her family what to do for a trial run at exactly 8:00 am EST, so she’s looking for a video instead. it is hard now that you don’t have 30 min-a couple of hours to get a chance to practice, you have 1 min!

I know somewhere on here a while back I read about videos, but I never looked at them. You might have to take longer ones and just go to the part where they actually show you want to do.

I absolutely already did that, sort of. We upgraded my phone and dh now has my old phone, which is quite a bit faster than his old phone. I have a Pixel 3a now, which is the best phone I've owned in awhile. I doubt we would have spent the money if it weren't for the boarding group situation.

I got the back up BG pop up message about 6 times while practicing at home this morning. I was able to run through twice with regular BG. After that, none of the buttons were lit up when I went back to try again so I closed the app completely and when i got back in, it was on backup BG. That’s when I was able to practice getting those And got the pop up message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!