READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
what screen did you start on? I practiced for the first time today too.
I started on the main page and pressed the picture for ROTR but the join a boarding group wasn't lit up. I tried to back out and go back in a few times and hit my status but the only thing that worked was restarting the app. Did it load right away for you?

We have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 on Sunday. Trying to decide if it would be feasible to be at HS for opening, get a boarding pass, and then get to the Land in time for the ADR. Have a 5 year old with short legs to factor in as well.
Knowing my luck we’d get the first boarding group and miss our window while we have breakfast...
Got to the GET near the entrance to TSL at 7:20 this morning. Hung out there until just before 8, and one of the cast members scanned our whole family. At 8 he joined the queue for us (while the rest of us were also trying) and he got group 8. Was much faster for him because he had our group preselected and only had to hit one button.
So excited!

If they increase how many people are in a boarding group, then they would probably give out less boarding groups in a day? Not sure how much the would change things?

Yes - I was trying to post too quickly. Less groups, more people in each.

Got to the GET near the entrance to TSL at 7:20 this morning. Hung out there until just before 8, and one of the cast members scanned our whole family. At 8 he joined the queue for us (while the rest of us were also trying) and he got group 8. Was much faster for him because he had our group preselected and only had to hit one button.
So excited!
That's fantastic!

Our day so far:
6:45 - out of our Little Mermaid room
6:58 - loading into bus
7:01 - out to DHS
7:15 - through bagless scan
7:18 - through ticket tap stiles on the right
7:18-7:50- Tried to find 4 bars on TMobile. Moved around to about 5 different places. Settled by Frozen, where it stayed mostly 4 bars.
7:59:50 - launched app
8:00:05 - find out more
- Join Boarding Group was NOT red.
- Clicked My Status. Join Boarding Group was active.

BG 22! I did it, thanks to all!

Now waiting for them to start boarding. Got breakfast at Docking Bay.

Here now...what time do they start letting people in the park?

Nvrmd - 7:00 and they are letting us in. I thought the tapstiles opened earlier...
how far back in the crowd were you and what time did you get there? I'm trying to decide if I want to even get there super early to RD a ride or not.

I’m very surprised that backup groups are running out faster than Xmas week. We’ve definitely seem to have gone backwards in last few weeks. This was the one situation I said wound be interesting - where you now likely have a significant number of people who were in the park an hour early and didn’t get a group at all. Other than 1-2 days, I don’t remember a time where those there at opening didn’t get a good chance backup group at the very worst. It may not seem like much, but I think there’s a very big difference between having 2-3 minutes and having less than a minute. Far less a difference than say, 3 minutes and 15 minutes.

waiting for the first report from someone holding a non-hopper there at opening who got shut out and if GS does anything.

Right, but in the park right now, they aren’t calling any boarding groups on the app. Is the ride operating at the moment?
If they aren't calling groups, the ride isn't open unless they do have a private group going through. With the difficulties this week, my money is on it just not being open yet.

I started on the main page and pressed the picture for ROTR but the join a boarding group wasn't lit up. I tried to back out and go back in a few times and hit my status but the only thing that worked was restarting the app. Did it load right away for you?
I started on on the my status screen, hit that at 08:00 and then refreshed the next page 2-3 times before BG button lit up.

Today is our last park day and we decided to give RotR one more ride. My wife, who apparently is some sort of BG Jedi, got group 8. She has also pulled 5& 4 this trip. She is on a iPhone 11 and presses the RotR picture in the app@8(using my I watch as a countdown). Join boarding group is red every time. I did the same today and it was red but I think I was slower adding my party.

I could not get the red button (from home) at all this morning!! I try most mornings and get in just fine but this morning, nothing would work! The app even made me log in which it never does. Then it said the land was closed (after 8am). I closed the app, toggled, went to my status... nothing!
Maybe it’s just so busy since it’s v-day and the start of a long weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter