READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rode the bus today. I was out there at 5:35 a.m. and in front of the line. The bus pulled in at 5:50. Got to the park and through security and tap styles about 15 min. before 7 a.m. My app did not work, so I went over to the CM station and they got me a 84 boarding group. I may or may not get on today, as they are only on group 44 and the ride is broke down right now, at 12:48 p.m.
84 got called! I hope you did make it despite the morning app frustrations!

Got to ride today even with my app trying to screw me over. Got called about 1. Got in line at 1:19 and finished at 2:05. Only thing I saw that wasn’t working was one of the things at the end when there are multiples. No one would notice if they weren’t spoiled. Fun ride. I might try to get a back up for Wednesday but not going back at open again. Too stressful! :) hope everyone gets to ride today

Back in the room where I can type on the tablet.

BG34 got called at 11:13 with a 2-hour return (be there by 1:13). I headed there pretty quickly once I got the notification (I had been watching the BGs all morning). Line moved smoothly. I have watched a gazillion videos and everything was working ("A-mode"). Now there was one minor thing I missed but I think that was just me (not looking the right way). It's something I have never NOT seen in the videos, so I think it must have been there.

This morning I had the app open before 7 (I'd been having issues with it thinking I wasn't logged in). Couple of seconds past 7 I hit Find out. Join BG was not red. Hit My Status and the next page let me join.

We will be there tomorrow. Today at MK my MDE app would not go past the castle splash screen for a good two hours. Shut down my phone etc. It’s working again now but hopefully it won’t do that again in the morning! Driving over from Ft Wilderness, may the force be with us.

So to make sure I understand (without reading every single of the 410 pages, now that the hours are changing tomorrow and HS is opening at 8am. you should be there in place inside the park for a 8am opening, not the 7am. Right?? I want to make sure when we are there later this week that we fully understand...Thank you!

We will be there tomorrow. Today at MK my MDE app would not go past the castle splash screen for a good two hours. Shut down my phone etc. It’s working again now but hopefully it won’t do that again in the morning! Driving over from Ft Wilderness, may the force be with us.
Make sure you have updated the app.
Don’t have anything else running when using the app.
If you’re using your phones service turn off WiFi

What is the general consensus on mode of transportation for getting to HS early? (We like to be at the front of rope drop and will probably be heading straight to the MFSR standby line).
I understand the Skyliner is typically not running early enough to allow for this, is that right?

Anxiously watching to see what happens tomorrow!

My hope is an hour less operating time helps reliability (is that delusional of me? Lol) and negates all the extra people who are willing to come for 8 but not 7. Everyone still rides, but everyone gets an extra hour of sleep? Yes please!

What is the general consensus on mode of transportation for getting to HS early? (We like to be at the front of rope drop and will probably be heading straight to the MFSR standby line).
I understand the Skyliner is typically not running early enough to allow for this, is that right?

If you truly want to ensure being at very front of rope drop, then driving or ride share is best bet and target being there 2 hours early

If you want to just be towards the front, bus should work - be at bus stop 1.5 hours before opening

I wouldn't wait for Skyliner

I know there’s a lot more factors at play than just opening time, but I wonder if Disneyland’s (mostly) later openings are mostly to blame for how fast they’ve been running out of passes compared to DHS. I read it was 30 seconds this morning.

I know there’s a lot more factors at play than just opening time, but I wonder if Disneyland’s (mostly) later openings are mostly to blame for how fast they’ve been running out of passes compared to DHS. I read it was 30 seconds this morning.
The ride is still not running at the same hourly through put that dhs is at.

Tomorrow is our day to try this! We have an 8am H&V and I’m assuming we can go through the ADR line to get into (and all of us scanned into) the park. Park opening is 8 and I’ve scheduled an Uber at 7:05 (and it gives a ten minute window).

Staying at the Poly. There are five of us and we will be pushing our twins in single strollers — hoping those help us make our way to the ADR line.

Fingers crossed!

How does our “plan” sound? Uber early enough? Anyone know where in the all the security and entrance lines the ADR line is? And is there an ADR line for security and
the line where you can magic bands?

Tomorrow is our day to try this! We have an 8am H&V and I’m assuming we can go through the ADR line to get into (and all of us scanned into) the park. Park opening is 8 and I’ve scheduled an Uber at 7:05 (and it gives a ten minute window).

Staying at the Poly. There are five of us and we will be pushing our twins in single strollers — hoping those help us make our way to the ADR line.

Fingers crossed!

How does our “plan” sound? Uber early enough? Anyone know where in the all the security and entrance lines the ADR line is? And is there an ADR line for security and

Can prescheduled Ubers still come late like people have been reporting? Not super familiar with how they work, we don’t have them where I live.

That seems to be cutting it too tight, IMO. Especially because we don’t know what an 8 AM opening will look like yet. You aren’t leaving a lot of time for hold ups.

What address do you choose to schedule Lyft? There is a Hollywood Studios entrance and actual Hollywood studios.

Fingers crossed!

I'd be suspicious of there actually being an ADR line. I suspect they'll just let everyone in PPO as they've been doing. Just my guess.

While I'm not one to promote being overly early and wasting time just waiting around, I also agree with PP that I think I'd be tempted to build in a little extra fudge time. Ride share, traveling with kids, a new park opening time, etc - just a few variables in there that should all work fine but you just never know.

They might push the entrance to the park as much as possible, so closer to 8am.

you mean not opening the turnstiles til close to 8am? That would be a bad move

Pretty much every park opens up at least 30 minutes early and just holds people in an are (like they've been doing)

I feel that's how you get people showing up early again

Fingers crossed!

I agree that it is way too tight. From what I understand there is no ADR line because they have been letting everyone in early so you will be with everyone else going through security (bag check) and turnstiles. And no one knows how the later opening will affect crowds. I would make your Uber earlier to allow for friction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter