READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do not want to delete the folks who won't be with you (or find you are unable to do so easily), you can move them to the bottom of your list by modifying their name by adding a z to the front part of their name. This then should put your DD and DH at the top.
I tried this with my group a few days ago. My DD25 has her own account but we are linked, so she was still towards bottom even with the z added to all the others. (I am guessing that is why anyway.) 🤷‍♀️ It actually looked like it worked, until I did a practice run, and then I had to scroll thru the zs. :)
So, anyone wanting to do it this way, try doing a practice run to see how they are actually listed for BG.
Make sure you modify the last name, not the first.

After watching this thread, we've decided to skip DHS. We don't want to get up at the crack of dawn and deal with this. Hopefully, fastpass will be in place on our next visit.
Like you I've decided to skip the madness. Love new rides but I'm not a hugh SW fan and not standing for 1-2 hrs on the chance I may get to ride. I'm a little disappointed but nothing a buffet breakfast won't cure 🍹

Like you I've decided to skip the madness. Love new rides but I'm not a hugh SW fan and not standing for 1-2 hrs on the chance I may get to ride. I'm a little disappointed but nothing a buffet breakfast won't cure 🍹

Why would you need to stand around for 1-2 hours? You simply need to be tapped in about 10 minutes before park opening--so standing around for 10 minutes. At that point, you're almost guaranteed to get on the ride some time that day.

I would say that the REAL issue is that you are standing beside these people and see their reactions in person. The truth is that if (when) this attraction begins issuing FPs, there will be even more disappointed people. You just won’t be looking them in the eye! 😉
I prefer not looking them in the eye. 🤣

After I collected my excellent BG I played it cool today 🤣

I'm confused... the day we are going to HS the park opens at 8am. If we get there at 7:45am... but are still waiting in line to go through the turnstiles can we try for a BG at 8am on the dot? Even if we are not actually through the entrance? Also - if you have to be there to get a BG, how can you practice from home? Was really hoping they went to a normal fastpass by the time my trip came :confused3

I'm confused... the day we are going to HS the park opens at 8am. If we get there at 7:45am... but are still waiting in line to go through the turnstiles can we try for a BG at 8am on the dot? Even if we are not actually through the entrance? Also - if you have to be there to get a BG, how can you practice from home? Was really hoping they went to a normal fastpass by the time my trip came :confused3

You have to have tapped in to the turnstiles

Because they have been letting Guests into the park at least 30 minutes before opening, there haven't been huge lines to get in as it gets closer to the official opening time. But there have been backups at bag check, so you should try to arrive 30 minutes before opening for your own peace of mind.

You can practice at home thru the 1st 2 steps of getting a BG, but you'll be stopped at the last step if you're not tapped in to the park. It's like selecting a group for adding a FP+; where you can go that far, but no further if everybody does not have a ticket or hotel reservation.

Because they have been letting Guests into the park at least 30 minutes before opening, there haven't been huge lines to get in as it gets closer to the official opening time. But there have been backups at bag check, so you should try to arrive 30 minutes before opening for your own peace of mind.

You can practice at home thru the 1st 2 steps of getting a BG, but you'll be stopped at the last step if you're not tapped in to the park. It's like selecting a group for adding a FP+; where you can go that far, but no further if everybody does not have a ticket or hotel reservation.
Oh! I understand now.....thanks! I guess I will plan on getting there at 730am for the 8am opening. Glad I looked here for info....thanks!

Bright Suns! ... My son told me that yesterday was the best day of his life. That's what it's all about!

One question... A fellow traveler in Batuu told us that you could join a boarding group from the area between security screening and the tapstiles. Anyone here try that and have luck one way or the other? I'm not getting the family up early again, but would go over myself (with all of our magic bands) if I could get us all a boarding group without all of us tapping in. Thanks!
Absolutely! Our son is 17 and that smile on his face was like he was 7yo once again :)

Guests reported joining a BG from security (before tapping in to HS) only the first couple of days RoR was open. Since then people have reported checking in thru the tapstyles in HS, then going back out by security and being able to join a BG from that location. But the key is checking in to HS first, BGs are tied to using 1 HS admission that day.

Oh! I understand now.....thanks! I guess I will plan on getting there at 730am for the 8am opening. Glad I looked here for info....thanks!
Not sure what you mean by ‘getting there’ at 7:30 but just want to remind that security lines can be long and there may be many waiting to tap in so if by ‘getting there’ you mean driving into DHS or arriving on a bus at 7:30, you may not get into the park by 8am.

For everyone hoping for FP’s for RotR do you really think you’ll be able to get one??
I think people that are staying in a Disney resort 7+ days will book all the FP’s and everyone else will be in a 5+ hour line
I think those of us hoping it goes to FP are ones staying at Disney resorts
.:) everyone wants whatever system works best for them.

Is it down now? I looked at the app to see what BGs were loading, and it says open, but under now boarding are just 2 dashes?

For everyone hoping for FP’s for RotR do you really think you’ll be able to get one??
I think people that are staying in a Disney resort 7+ days will book all the FP’s and everyone else will be in a 5+ hour line

I think it’s probably a combination of groups.

People who legitimately would be able to snag a FP (club level and longer onsite stays), people who hate this system and would rather try their luck with anything else, people who want a combination FP+ and VQ system, and people who are unaware of the realities of losing the 100% virtual queue and the reasons it’s in use.

Capping off a PHENOMENAL day at DHS with a viewing of Fantasmic!! We switch resorts tomorrow and will not be back to DHS.

Thanks to all of you who shared valuable info leading up to our trip and made today possible!! Thanks for all the fun likes and reactions - and for all the “thanks” you passed along in responses and in PMs:

tenor.gif

Thanks to @rteetz for giving me the chance to take on the chart.

Thanks to @yulilin3 and the mods for giving me leeway to have a little bit of fun with gifs and memes...I truly think it helped build a sense of community among our band of RotR seekers and we got better data and info due to that buzz!!

source.gif

My interest in this ride will certainly wane as a return trip to DHS is like 360-ish days away.

@SouthFayetteFan, over and out!
9AzQ.gif

Capping off a PHENOMENAL day at DHS with a viewing of Fantasmic!! We switch resorts tomorrow and will not be back to DHS.

Thanks to all of you who shared valuable info leading up to our trip and made today possible!! Thanks for all the fun likes and reactions - and for all the “thanks” you passed along in responses and in PMs:

tenor.gif

Thanks to @rteetz for giving me the chance to take on the chart.

Thanks to @yulilin3 and the mods for giving me leeway to have a little bit of fun with gifs and memes...I truly think it helped build a sense of community among our band of RotR seekers and we got better data and info due to that buzz!!

source.gif

My interest in this ride will certainly wane as a return trip to DHS is like 360-ish days away.

@SouthFayetteFan, over and out!
9AzQ.gif

Thoroughly enjoyed all your information and entertainment!! Many Thanks and enjoy the rest of your stay!

Why would you need to stand around for 1-2 hours? You simply need to be tapped in about 10 minutes before park opening--so standing around for 10 minutes. At that point, you're almost guaranteed to get on the ride some time that day.
If I arrive at DHS 10 minutes before park opening, I would have thought I would be a long way back from the tapstiles? Am I missing something? Otherwise why are people going to the park at 5am? for a 7am opening? Maybe I am misunderstanding the procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter