READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I followed @yulilin3 instructions above. My mom and dad were on there from our Nov 2018 trip. They have no current actual plans, and also no potential plans for another joint trip (that sounds kinda mean, but not really). I tried removing them, but the app wouldn't let me. So my TA is going to call to get it done.
Then, since we haven't gotten our new MBs yet, I just hopped over to that page, and my mom and dad's MBs/cards were all active (even though they don't use them). There was an option to deactivate them and a message that they could be reactivated at any time. I deactivated them. The app then had NO PROBLEM removing them from my FF list. Now, the only people on there is my Family if 5 that is all playing the brand-new, hit game Boarding Group Mayhem (by Disney, patent pending)!

Good heavens, it worked! FINALLY! Thank you so much for this...been trying to get my dad and his friends off my list since 2014!

I'll add this for the benefit of others who want to cull their list for BG grabs. Years ago when I first tried this, I had marked them all as "lost". (Maybe the only option back then?) I still couldn't remove them through the app using the above method today, so I went to the laptop and marked them all "found", then clicked "deactivate" for all of them. Back to the app and voila! All gone.

So, I followed @yulilin3 instructions above. My mom and dad were on there from our Nov 2018 trip. They have no current actual plans, and also no potential plans for another joint trip (that sounds kinda mean, but not really). I tried removing them, but the app wouldn't let me. So my TA is going to call to get it done.
Then, since we haven't gotten our new MBs yet, I just hopped over to that page, and my mom and dad's MBs/cards were all active (even though they don't use them). There was an option to deactivate them and a message that they could be reactivated at any time. I deactivated them. The app then had NO PROBLEM removing them from my FF list. Now, the only people on there is my Family if 5 that is all playing the brand-new, hit game Boarding Group Mayhem (by Disney, patent pending)!
Thank you! finally got all my old "friends" off my account. :) Now the watch and wait game until March. :surfweb:

The worst part about the current ROTR situation is that it’s zero sum.

Everything you or I do to help others decreases our chance of riding proportionally.

And thats more true at DLP where Backups were gone in 90 seconds today, but it’s true at WDW on holidays and days the ride breaks down a lot too.

And I hate that. I know all rides are zero sum in some ways, but for every other ride they clear the queue at closing, meaning they expand the daily capacity to accommodate the truly devoted.

My first crack at this will be at Disneyland in May, before the summer passholder blockout and before the spring SoCal deal expires, meaning it’s going to be BANANAS at RD if nothing changes. And When (if) I get a BG, someone else there (who doesn’t read Disboards) will be disappointed as a direct result and I’m going to remember that all day because that’s the way I am.

That’s what bugs me about the current system.

/rant
Zero sum is an excellent description of it. I definitely feel like we all were standing there this morning thinking that each person around us was competition for what we wanted.

I have a 3rd person on my account that was not with us and had no issues this morning getting a BG for just the two of us that were there. I’m not saying not to remove anyone not in your party, but I didn’t have any issue.
We had BG 45 & were called around 10:30am and were off about 11am, give or take a few minutes. It was a cool ride, one aspect wasn’t working, though I think if you haven’t see the ride on YouTube or ridden before you’d never notice.

Well, it's the day before MMRR opens and it's a Tuesday. Maybe they just aren't expecting the crowds to be very heavy that day? :confused3

Oh thats right, I forgot about the new mickey ride opening on the 4th. Maybe they are just not letting anyone in except my family and I, yeah that has to be it!

:artist:
Maybe it's coming from the world of SDCC, but I love a system that rewards making an effort. The info is online and free, you just have to decide it's worth your time. Some people are fine just showing up, but not me.

And now off to pack for tomorrow with my freshly printed 2 page, 4 column packing list, complete with subsections and check boxes...
You forgot color-coded highlighting for the most "importants" on the list. :)

So strange, Mar 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. I'm there on the 3rd, what is special about the 3rd? And they are adding 30 minutes on to the end of the day. Very odd.
8:30 has been the standard DHS closing time in the spring/summer for a while, they just extended the start of it back a few days.

Edited to add that there is no Star Wars Fireworks on the calendar for 3/3; not sure why, but that probably is why the slightly earlier close.

8:30 has been the standard DHS closing time in the spring/summer for a while, they just extended the start of it back a few days.

Edited to add that there is no Star Wars Fireworks on the calendar for 3/3; not sure why, but that probably is why the slightly earlier close.

We have a fantasmic FP reserved for that night. It says showtime is 8-8:30

I have a serious problem: I think I'm addicted to this board. :surfweb:

Hi Marge, welcome to Disboards Anonymous.

I have been compulsively checking even more frequently since they changed the DHS tiers and added MFSR to FP. I’m so worried they’re going to surprise us all and toss MMRR or even RotR in without warning. Crossing the 60 day mark is stressful lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter