READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a lot better before the change in Mid December. I mean the vibe of the RD crowd. When it was first come first serve, once you were through people were celebrating, and there wasn't any tension. It also helped the whole park was open at 6am too lol

That day I was there (I think it was like 4 days after opening day), will probably go down as my favorite day in Disney ever
We were there Dec 13 and 14 and you got your BG once you tapped in. The atmosphere was friendly and high with anticipation. We had great conversations with people in line with us before the tapstiles opened. Those were 2 of the best days I've ever spent at WDW as well, so I know just what you're talking about, @osufeth24.

I gather that this is a totally unpopular position, but I much preferred that system. I'm an early riser anyway, so getting there before 6 wasn't that big a deal to me. The first-come, first-served way of things felt fair to me. You want to experience RotR? Come early. Even if your app was glitchy, for example, there weren't 100 people standing in line for a GET CM. The CMs were very available.

I’m posting this question here and in the POFQ thread hoping for an answer. I’m staying at French Quarter and tomorrow is my DHS day. My room is in Building 1, right next to a roundabout. Can I schedule an Uber to pick me up there or does it have to be at the main entrance? It just seems like that location might be easier.
Actually, it would probably be best posted in the Transportation forum. But the answer is yes, you should be able to request an Uber any place that is accessible by car to non-resort guests. (I assume that's what you meant; scheduling an Uber ahead of time is generally not helpful.)

The problem at CSR is that there are roadway gates between the front area and the original rooms that can only be opened by resort guests.

I have no idea, just wondering this myself. I can't take the 2yo off of MDE, but she has no ticket to be tapped into the park....so guess I have to make sure she's not selected or I'll get an error?

When I did my test this morning, I selected all, then it gave me an error “Not so fast... looks like some people aren’t in the park” (or something like that). it presented me with a button right there to remove them. If you have a lot of people and 1 underage not riding, I’d select all and then let it bounce out the young one rather than risk missing one of the group that is actually in the park by individually selecting. If it’s just a small group, select individually in advance who will ride. It really doesn’t take that much more time to click 2 people rather than Select All unless you have a sea of friends and family to wade through. Just my two cents. Disclaimer: I have not done this in reality. Only practice runs.

Yep - granted my day might be chalked up as an anomaly, but there was absolutely nothing fun or exciting about our experience. The “feeling” and “vibe” in the park that morning is the primary reason we (likely) won’t be doing it again. Life’s too short and for us it’s vacation. Very happy it works for so many, but I’m content that I’ll be on the outside looking in for now. 8-)

Admittedly a topic for another thread.
Having experienced that same day (Jan 2), I agree 100% - but also think it was an anomaly (or at least it was at the time). According to the Chart, that was the first day that regular BGs went in a matter of minutes. Prior to that date, the regular BGs had lasted at least 10 minutes - and usually about 20-30 minutes - after open. The shock of getting BG120-something in the first minute or two didn't set the day off to a great start since that had not been the trend. Of course now, running through the regular BGs in minutes isn't too odd and we know more about the ride's ability to push through a large number of BGs and recover if there are issues. Assuming I do this again, I think my strategy would be to embrace the back-up BGs, grab an assignment after park open and just plan on coming back for a late day at DHS.

I will also agree with other PPs, though, about the weird energy and electricity for this. Nothing else quite like it that I've experienced in the parks. That many people there that early and almost all for the same reason and all finding out the results at the same time. Glad I did it, but happy not to do it again. Although that's also what I used to say about New Years and, well, now we do it every year.

The worst part about the current ROTR situation is that it’s zero sum.

Everything you or I do to help others decreases our chance of riding proportionally.

And thats more true at DLP where Backups were gone in 90 seconds today, but it’s true at WDW on holidays and days the ride breaks down a lot too.

And I hate that. I know all rides are zero sum in some ways, but for every other ride they clear the queue at closing, meaning they expand the daily capacity to accommodate the truly devoted.

My first crack at this will be at Disneyland in May, before the summer passholder blockout and before the spring SoCal deal expires, meaning it’s going to be BANANAS at RD if nothing changes. And When (if) I get a BG, someone else there (who doesn’t read Disboards) will be disappointed as a direct result and I’m going to remember that all day because that’s the way I am.

That’s what bugs me about the current system.

/rant

That's pretty much been the norm for the last couple of weeks, hasn't it? We don't go until March, who knows what it will be doing by then. lol I know one thing, I need to clean out my f&f list to just those who will be there. Those seconds it takes to select people are costly.
I was thinking the of cleaning out my list too! I don't want to have to scroll through 12 people looking for my DD and DH, lol.

Question: traveling with a group of 7, all wanting to ride and all in my friends list. My daughter and myself both have the apps on our phones and we are both logged into my account, can we both be trying to secure a boarding group at the same time (using the same account)? Does this make sense?

I’m posting this question here and in the POFQ thread hoping for an answer. I’m staying at French Quarter and tomorrow is my DHS day. My room is in Building 1, right next to a roundabout. Can I schedule an Uber to pick me up there or does it have to be at the main entrance? It just seems like that location might be easier.

We were there 1/22/20-1/26/20 and the building pickup was available on Lyft, but after selecting building 4 parking lot pickup it directed us to the Lobby.
Could be our mistake during selection or the proximity between B4 to Lobby that alway sent us to the lobby on all our pickups.

Question: traveling with a group of 7, all wanting to ride and all in my friends list. My daughter and myself both have the apps on our phones and we are both logged into my account, can we both be trying to secure a boarding group at the same time (using the same account)? Does this make sense?
Yes, it makes sense. And yes, you can do this. Whichever one of you gets the BG first, the other will get a notice that a BG has already been assigned.

We're going for a week in March and I'm scheduling one full day at disney studios with the plan to get there early and get a BG. Then we have another backup day, in case we didn't get on Rise of the Resistance, or if we want to do it again. That minimizes stress for me, as this is supposed to be a laid back, no kids, do whatever we want trip for a couple of empty nesters.

We were there 1/22/20-1/26/20 and the building pickup was available on Lyft, but after selecting building 4 parking lot pickup it directed us to the Lobby.
Could be our mistake during selection or the proximity between B4 to Lobby that alway sent us to the lobby on all our pickups.
Thanks. It’s not a huge deal if I have to go to the lobby, I was just trying to make it as easy as possible. Don’t want to waste precious seconds, lol. Were there many people waiting?

Thanks. It’s not a huge deal if I have to go to the lobby, I was just trying to make it as easy as possible. Don’t want to waste precious seconds, lol. Were there many people waiting?
We left the POFQ both times just after 6am, picked up before 6:10, and at the park before 6:30.
Bus stop had a bunch of folks, but only a couple parties waiting for ride share.

Yes, it makes sense. And yes, you can do this. Whichever one of you gets the BG first, the other will get a notice that a BG has already been assigned.

Thank you!!!!! Also, my friends/ family list is broken into 2 catalogues. 1) we are planning together 2) other friends/ family. Can I get a boarding group all (1 and 2)?

Maybe it's coming from the world of SDCC, but I love a system that rewards making an effort. The info is online and free, you just have to decide it's worth your time. Some people are fine just showing up, but not me.

And now off to pack for tomorrow with my freshly printed 2 page, 4 column packing list, complete with subsections and check boxes...
Is there any other way to pack for a Disney trip?? :confused3 :rotfl2:

The best way to eliminate stress would be to go into your day planning to not ride. Then if you get a BG and it gets called - BONUS!! You can’t control how many people show up, how fast your phone works, how the ride performs, etc. That was my attitude today (easy for us since we already rode Sunday). I know that sounds crazy but the way many of us are as “planners” this adds a serious stress factor. I’m with @GADisneyDad14 here!

This. We're staying at Beach Club and we've got a 4 and a 6 year old so we're going into it assuming we probably won't get it together enough to get there early enough to get a BG. But, since we *are* staying at BC and have hoppers, if we do manage to get even a late BG, we are flexible enough we should be able to ride, so I'm trying to be informed and know what to do to give us a shot at it, but at this point in our family it can't be a must-do for us or I'll stress myself to death. The odds of getting everyone up and walked over to HS by 8 AM are certainly better than at 7, but I don't want to spend our vacation mornings mad at everyone if they're not fast enough!

I will try to answer your question but the fact is different people have had success with both methods described
What I would do (and will do) is if the Join Boarding Group is not res, hit "my status" and see if the "join boarding group" button is active there. If not, go back a screen and check again. If after a few tries it isn't lit and I hear cheers from others having gotten in I will kill the app and restart

From practicing at home, the "going back and forth b/w "my status" page and the first info page" method seems to work fine but if not in the "real fake world" then I will kill the app if need be
Thanks!!! That is what I was after!

I dunno, while I normally like their posts, I’ve read that BlogMickey article 3 times but I’m not sure I’m comfortable with the conclusions/schedule set forth, even with all the appropriate caveats. Defining expectations that much given all the variables seems problematic.

Maybe I’m just not reading it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter