READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Disney regular but I do have many years of experience working in hospitality and tourism. I definitely think you should reach back out to customer service and review the situation with them. The logistics of the BGs and FPs are one thing, but the fact that a CM made you feel bad is a whole other. Management would 100% want to know if they need to address interpersonal skills with their team. You're not a Karen by providing a kind and understanding critique when the situation warrants it. Think about it this way- you could be saving someone from losing their job in the future by being a compassionate source for an honest review that may provide them with the training or support they need to avoid a hurtful situation with another customer in the future.
Given that you have an AP, personally I'd avoid mentioning any specific compensation and just say you wanted to share your experience and what it meant to you. Maybe just see what they come out of the gate with.
OK, I must be really old, because I have to ask, what is "a Karen"?

Sayhello

Over the past few weeks, how many of you have entered the park prior to opening and were NOT able to secure a regular (non-backup) boarding group?

From reading the 260 pages of posts here, it seems like (with the notable exception of the first week in January), almost everyone who's been in the park at opening has been able to obtain SOME boarding group, even if it wasn't an ideal number. Is that fair to say?

For those of you who were not able to get a BG despite being logged in at opening, any idea what went wrong? Phone/wifi problems (I'm not talking a 30-second refresh freeze, but an extended problem)? Just simple demand exceeded supply that day?

Just trying to set my expectations for a trip in a few weeks (when the rules/outcomes may be completely different).

Assuming you did not have a major technical issue with your phone, everyone in the park at opening who has tried to get a regular BG when BGs have opened has been able to get one. All you need to do is look at the chart to see how long BGs lasted. Other than the weekend right after New Year - you had at least 5 minutes after parked opened so if you were in the park and tried - you got one.

Assuming you did not have a major technical issue with your phone, everyone in the park at opening who has tried to get a regular BG when BGs have opened has been able to get one. All you need to do is look at the chart to see how long BGs lasted. Other than the weekend right after New Year - you had at least 5 minutes after parked opened so if you were in the park and tried - you got one.
Seeing the Saturday numbers this week has me clutching my pearls about next Saturday--but logically I just keep telling myself that 6 minutes is actually a lot of time when you're talking about clicking through maybe three or four screens in the app.

Really hoping for less down times when we hit HS on Easter sunday...with the phones are most people using their data connection or is the Wi-Fi good? I'm from the UK and my phone network will charge for data usage but might be worth paying to get the bg.

The MLK Sunday saga begins:
(1) Left the Quality Suites Turkey Lake Rd at 5:35 a.m.
(2) Parked around 5:52.
(3) No-bag security was essentially no wait; in line for tapstiles at 6:05. Stayed to the right, near the construction wall.
(4) Tapstiles open about 6:16. Maybe ten minutes max to enter the park.
(5) Parked it on a bench on Sunset. Ready for the 7:00 virtual rope drop.

We’re here and counting down to 7am. I didn’t track times but we had great timing with a bus pulling up to Wilderness Lodge just as we walked up. Once off the bus we made a potty stop, then waited behind a few people in line for security and by the time we made our way toward the construction wall to the right, the crowd was moving forward. Now we’re waiting over by what used to be Starring Rolls. May the force be with us and all of you!

DS and two of his buddies are at HS.

Arrived 5:58
Parked 6:05
Security- quick, practically walked through
Line to tap in started moving around 6:17 ish
Tapped in and on his way to SWGE before 6:30

UPDATE: They got BG 12 from one of his buddies' phones inside the park. The guy standing directly behind them got BG 94. Sounds like they were super lucky!!!

They are stopped outside of Indy- sounds pretty far back to me, but they don't care. They are expressly there for SWGE and don't mind waiting in line (so they say).

Here's to hoping that between the four of us (the three of them in the park and me here at home), we can get them a BG. He sent me some pics and it looks crowded! From his spot stopped outside of Indy, he sent me a pic of wall to wall people lined up all the way back to Hollywood Blvd.

Last edited:
Good morning today is our day here is my report-
6:00- left Boardwalk
6:15- through security (no bags)
6:20- tapstyles open (no fingerprint)- thank you for the “stay to the right tip!!!!)
6:30- in holding area for toy story land (cast member tip- get away from crowd at 6:55)
6:55- moved near bathrooms
7:00- BG- 60! (Husband and son stayed in crowd and couldn’t get in)- iPhone 11- no WiFi Verizon network (people next to me got 30)
7:20- on SDD!
Not boarding yet but we are planning to come back for evening anyway so fingers crossed!
THANK YOU ALL
(Not sure what time backups started but when I checked at 7:04 they were showing backups)

Here’s how it went for me this morning! We’re staying at Caribbean Beach. Arrived to bus stop at 5:52, bus came at 6:07and was so full they couldn’t make anymore stops (there was still 2 more stops). We arrived at 6:25ish. We RAN past all the people where the buses dropped off and where uber / lyft lets out and went through the no bag line. We were waiting in the mass line for not very long before it started moving (probably around 6:30?) We made another run to get towards Toy Story land once we were in and were in yet another mass group and were pretty far back. We waited there for 15-20 minutes. I’m proud of my iPhone 6s, I got the boarding group over my sister’s iPhone 10s! At 7:00 exactly I got group 22 on Verizon data. The group behind us got 72 for reference. I’m so so so happy and I’m so thankful for this thread for helping me through this! Backup boarding groups started 3 minutes after 7:00. They started calling boarding groups FAST. Started at BG 8 and by 7:30 were at BG 16. We had been waiting in the Slinky Dog line for 30 minutes and had a Rock N Rollercoaster fastpass at 7:15-8:15 so we decided to hop out of line since the ride line was 120 mins and went to go ride Rock n Rollercoaster so we didn’t lose that fastpass. It’s currently at a standstill at boarding group 18 so we’re back at our resort now. Crazy morning! Pics of the bus, the entrance lines, and the rope drop line for Toy story land

Attachments

• 247A3F59-2104-4C02-A2E2-DF654FFEF17A.jpeg
    247A3F59-2104-4C02-A2E2-DF654FFEF17A.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 0F1E1FAD-11E6-45B4-ABA2-60B89A863A8A.jpeg
    0F1E1FAD-11E6-45B4-ABA2-60B89A863A8A.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 94
  • 9D64B037-A99E-4E1E-8223-BE1B977344F7.jpeg
    9D64B037-A99E-4E1E-8223-BE1B977344F7.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 93
  • CB9DE845-6381-4D2B-8273-C02D83E98BAD.jpeg
    CB9DE845-6381-4D2B-8273-C02D83E98BAD.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter