Re Virgin Holiday app

General Panic

Mouseketeer
Hi all
28 days until our Edinburgh to Orlando package booked via VirginHolidays. Using their app it says our e-tickets will be available from the 7th of August but still nothing showing available to print out yet. Going direct onto the Virgin Atlantic website I can see our e-tickets have been issued but no link to print them off.

In the past I’ve always printed out the e-tickets in case of any issues at the airport but is this something I don’t needed to do these days? We won’t have mobile phones with us so no way to display them electronically if needed.

TIA for any advice.
Glenn

I've no idea about Virgin but as no-one else seems to be here (all on holiday?) ...

Have they not sent you an e-mail with them attached or embedded?
Spam folder? Wrong e-mail address?

I've no idea about Virgin but as no-one else seems to be here (all on holiday?) ...

Have they not sent you an e-mail with them attached or embedded?
Spam folder? Wrong e-mail address?
Hi Plague
Nothing received as yet apart from their app advising “Your tickets aren’t ready yet , they will be available 7th August”

I can print out from the VS website the screen showing all our e-tickets numbers just not the individual e-tickets I’ve had in the past.

If nothing different changes I’ll phone them up , just takes an age to get through to them :)

Just been looking at what I have for BA and Aer Lingus upcoming flights.
Both emailed me booking confirmations which BA called e-tickets. But neither app has any reference to such things (that I can find), they just show the itinerary, booking ref, seating, etc. Eventually they'll show the boarding passes once I've checked in.

So I wonder if it's a deliberate ploy to avoid confusion, like flight change emails that only mention the new times, not the original. I'm sure they've had people turn up with their e-tickets thinking that's all they need to fly.

Hi, have you tried logging in on the website as they sometimes have it available when the app doesn't.

Hi, have you tried logging in on the website as they sometimes have it available when the app doesn't.
Indeed I have tried that and can see the e-tickets numbers there for the of us so I know they have been issued. I just cannot see how to individually accses them. Not even sure these days if they are even needed , been 3 years since I last was on a plane :)

Not even sure these days if they are even needed
Not really. As I said, e-tickets are really just a booking confirmation.

As you are travelling sans phones it might change things a bit, but you should be able to check-in a day or so before on any computer and get/print boarding passes.
At the desk to offload your luggage they will likely just ask for your passport as everything is on the system at that point. They can also print you a boarding pass here if you checked in early but didn't print them out.
If no luggage go straight to security (unless you need that boarding pass printing).
At security you will probably just need the boarding pass to get in and at the gate they usually ask for passport and boarding pass.

Hi all
28 days until our Edinburgh to Orlando package booked via VirginHolidays. Using their app it says our e-tickets will be available from the 7th of August but still nothing showing available to print out yet. Going direct onto the Virgin Atlantic website I can see our e-tickets have been issued but no link to print them off.

In the past I’ve always printed out the e-tickets in case of any issues at the airport but is this something I don’t needed to do these days? We won’t have mobile phones with us so no way to display them electronically if needed.

TIA for any advice.
Glenn

We're going next week, don't worry. The app is just wrong, it's 14 days before not 28 that you get everything. It'll all appear at the 14 day mark. It's just one big PDF with flight vouchers, transfer vouchers, hotel vouchers etc and where to meet for transfers.

We're going next week, don't worry. The app is just wrong, it's 14 days before not 28 that you get everything. It'll all appear at the 14 day mark. It's just one big PDF with flight vouchers, transfer vouchers, hotel vouchers etc and where to meet for transfers.
Yay , cheers itf , really appreciate the confirmation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter