RE-OPENING! -- all resorts will open by year-end

If you have an Annual Pass, check your MDE - WDW has started extending them by 4 months. Reports starting coming through this afternoon.
Thanks for the information. I just checked and see no extension yet, but it could take awhile for Disney to get through all of them. 4 months sounds about right, although we have a Gold Pass, and thought we'd get 2 weeks less due to the blackout period in April. Guess we'll see. Thanks again for the heads-up.

Someone on a TPAS thread mentioned their AP had blackout dates and was still "roughly" a 4 months extension. I'm not sure if WDW is using 7/11 or 7/15 as the "open" date to calculate the extension.

Hi, lanejudy.

My DVC annual gold pass holder card still says expiring on 12/01/2020.

I'm hoping by December my expiration date will be extended so I won't have to renew like I usually do when I arrive on om yearly December vacation.

Someone on a TPAS thread mentioned their AP had blackout dates and was still "roughly" a 4 months extension. I'm not sure if WDW is using 7/11 or 7/15 as the "open" date to calculate the extension.

Ray, I'm sure it will come. I don't know what order they are doing, but it does seem to be taking time for the AP extension to show. It does appear to (so far) be only those who's passes did not expire or were renewed during the closure - so an "active" pass. Those who's passes expired have not reported receiving the extension yet.
Someone posted dates and the math appears to be 117 days, which looks to be the difference from 3/16/2020 to 7/11/2020.

I’m guessing no information yet on how the DAS system will work when the parks reopen

I’m guessing no information yet on how the DAS system will work when the parks reopen
my guess is it will be like getting a return time at Astro where when your time is to ride you go to the exit and get on then or something like this. I do know Disney will still accommodate people with needs at the park. I have an onsite stay for September not 100% sure I will go as with 2 medical problems I am high risk hopefully someone will post when they go on how things worked

Not sure if/how they will release info on the the DAS, may have to rely on those posting who travel early. Will keep an eye out here :)

I don't necessarily expect an announcement unless they plan a significant change. Assuming the rumor about virtual queues is true, that would be announced.

I'm curious as to if you do get a reservation, if you can leave for a nap or swim and return to the same park later.

They posted what will be open when the parks first open:

Magic Kingdom
magic-kingdom-attractions.jpg
magic-kingdom-shops.jpg
Disney's Animal Kingdom
animal-kingdom-attractions.jpg
animal-kingdom-shops.jpg
EPCOT
epcot-attractions.jpg
epcot-shops.jpg
Disney's Hollywood Studios
hollywood-studios-attractions.jpg
hollywood-studios-shops.jpg

Looking at the list of attractions, I was trying to figure out what WON'T be open, and I could only find 2, both in Animal Kingdom-Finding Nemo and Flights of Wonder (or whatever it's called now).
I was surprised to see "Jungle Cruise". Those boats aren't too big, not much room for social distancing. Will they only allow one or two families per boat now? If so, those lines will be very long!

Hi, Simba's Mom.

This might help. I was posting the same info as KPeveler posted around the same time.

At the bottom, I posted the rides and attractions that were open before the COVID-19 closing of WDW.

But I didn't separate the rides that may be open or closed because they included things like EPCOT movie pavilions and rides you sit in.
I know... it is confusing what is an attraction actual ride and an attraction like China's or France's or Canada's movies.

I was too tired.

Just scroll down to Post #108

www.disboards.com/threads/what-do-you-feel-it-will-be-like-for-us-when-wdw-opens-again-using-our-mobility-wheelchairs-scooters.3801184/post-62028602

Looking at the list of attractions, I was trying to figure out what WON'T be open, and I could only find 2, both in Animal Kingdom-Finding Nemo and Flights of Wonder (or whatever it's called now).
I was surprised to see "Jungle Cruise". Those boats aren't too big, not much room for social distancing. Will they only allow one or two families per boat now? If so, those lines will be very long!

I was kind of surprised also - more will be open than I thought would be! It's still not going to be a normal WDW experience, but it should be (I hope) better than most folks are imagining right now. One thing I think a lot of people are forgetting is that I believe much of the World Showcase will be run by "regular" Cast Members initially, since many of the CMs returned to their homes overseas when it became obvious the Parks would be closed for a while.

I do agree - most of the boat-type rides are going to be tricky, aren't they? Although Jungle Cruise, Gran Fiesta Tour & Living With The Land all have bigger boats - maybe they will seat people in "clumps" in the front, middle and rear, and try to leave a row between them?

One more thing to add to the list of "We will have to wait and see what happens when they reopen!"

No word on DAS or the rumored virtual queues. Hopefully...soon. :scared:

All signs point to no change to DAS when they reopen. Obviously that could change, everything is minute-by-minute right now. So far the policy is to get a return time and go through an alternate entrance. (Not sure how that will work since usually that's the exit and people will be coming at you and breathing in your face, but we'll see.)

But as of yesterday, there will be NO virtual queues when they reopen, including ROTR.

Surprising given that Universal has embraced virtual queues for more rides than pre-virus in an effort to keep people out of extended crowded waits. I'm curious about their rationale. That said, I am very glad to see that the mass morning wait+refresh for ROTR will be gone, at least temporarily. Between the virus and the inability to park-hop, that would be a real problem.

Disney has removed the following attractions from the previous list released yesterday, 06/202020.

• Festival of the Lion King (Animal Kingdom)
  • Turtle Talk with Crush (Epcot)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter