RE-imagined Magic or the Fantasy 2014

dadster

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon. We actaully booked our next cruise on our last cruise whih was the Disney Dream.

WE are doing a 7 day cruise on the RE-imagined Disney Magic, but starting to get second thoughts. Was hoping to get some feedback. Trip is not until Nov 2014 and I'm hoping that they make more improvements. I have heard some no so good reviews, BUT excited about the new OCenaeers Clun the Marvel section. and since we went on the Dream we wanted a different experience. I have heard that the Fantasy is basically the same as the Disney Dream, which we loved. Should I play it safe and change back to the Fantasy or shall I stick with the Magic?

One more thing, we are now adding out group we are getting 2 more rooms(3 in total) 4 in each room. we are currently in the 6th floor 6101 inside state room.
They have 3 rooms together in the 2nd floor and deluxe rooms 2629 2631 2633, would it be worth it to make the change or should we stay in the 6th floor.

Thanks in advance

Hector

Good afternoon. We actaully booked our next cruise on our last cruise whih was the Disney Dream.

WE are doing a 7 day cruise on the RE-imagined Disney Magic, but starting to get second thoughts. Was hoping to get some feedback. Trip is not until Nov 2014 and I'm hoping that they make more improvements. I have heard some no so good reviews, BUT excited about the new OCenaeers Clun the Marvel section. and since we went on the Dream we wanted a different experience. I have heard that the Fantasy is basically the same as the Disney Dream, which we loved. Should I play it safe and change back to the Fantasy or shall I stick with the Magic?

One more thing, we are now adding out group we are getting 2 more rooms(3 in total) 4 in each room. we are currently in the 6th floor 6101 inside state room.
They have 3 rooms together in the 2nd floor and deluxe rooms 2629 2631 2633, would it be worth it to make the change or should we stay in the 6th floor.

Thanks in advance

Hector

When in November are you going? We are also going on a 7 day on the Magic in November. We are doing the 7 day Western Caribbean leaving from Port Canaveral. We will be on the 6th deck as well. Our cabin is 6634. We are so looking forward to see how they have redesigned the Magic. I am having a hard time finding pictures from peoples trips.

We just returned Jan. 31st from 4 nights on the Magic. It was our first time on that ship, having cruised the Dream (3 nights Nov. 2012) and the Wonder (7 nights Sept/Oct 2013). We had two 6th floor outside rooms between the 7 of us (4 adults and 3 kids).

We absolutely LOVED this cruise! While I remember enjoying the Dream, it was our very first cruise and a few of us got sick so we didn't enjoy it as much. Plus it was easy to get lost on that ship but not so much on the Magic. It was smaller than the Dream and easier to navigate without seeming crowded most of the time.

Our kids (ages 9,11,13) had no complaints. The Aquadunk was fun and attempted by 3 adults and 2 kids. We enjoying lounging in the pool and watching movies. We loved all of the shows. We loved the food. We enjoyed lots of the extra entertainment/activities.

Wish my kids would really embrace the kids club stuff, but they just don't. Even though my older two could go to the Edge, they didn't do that much. My youngest gets a little fed up with other kids hogging the games he wants to play or insisting that he give up a spot. My 11yo daughter enjoyed some fun with cast members in the Oceaneer's Lab one day but that was only for about an hour.

The adults enjoyed Palo for brunch on our one at-sea day. :cool1:

Overall I would definitely sail the Magic again. Only one complaint that that was some strange smells we encountered. The first day in our room our bathroom just had a terrible smell for hours...and then it mysteriously went away. We found the smell took over that end of the 6th floor every now and then. Not all the time, but it happened more than once. We survived it and it did not seem to escape our bathroom into the room. I used a small travel can of febreeze a few times to combat it.

Other than that, our rooms were very comfortable, although definitely a bit smaller than our room that we had on the Dream. We hope to return to the Dream next summer...if prices allow! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts