Re-booking Question

delo4

Mouseketeer<br><font color=blue>I am not a fancy f
I know I should understand this, but it's kind of confusing. I am a Platinum member and booked a b2b Dream cruise in Oct of 2011. ( I did this on-line not on board) I am sailing this September and would like to re-book and get the incentives of re-booking on board. Can I do that for the same date I already have reserved? Will I be able to get the on-board credits for re-booking?

If I understand the process correctly, and someone let the OP know if I miss something:

You can go ahead and re-book those dates and get the incentives. The differences being:
- You will lose the $25 online booking OBC cause well, you're not booking online anymore.
- You will have to pay the prevailing rates at the time you are cruising, so if prices have gone up you will pay more.
- You should be able to transfer the deposit from your initial booking to the new booking so you'd have more $$ towards the balance since the on-board booking has 50% deposit (depending on your cabin category).

They will tell you upfront if rebooking onboard will save you $$. In the past, I was able to keep my same stateroom selections. We did lose early dining but were immediately waitlisted (1 yr in advance) and eventually got it.
Also in our case, the cruise $ was $6 more but got $200 in obc so it was still worth rebooking.
The OBCs you get from an onboard booking as platinum member will be worth giving up the $25 online obc. :thumbsup2
I can't recall exactly what OBCs are for plat. but I'll be gold for my b2b on the DReam and know that's $150 per cruise so $300 for the week. You can see the amount you'd get by looking at sticky for FAQ and look under onboard booking, I believe.
Ok, I just had to check for myself. Here's what they say.
Silver.................$100 for 3-6nt cruises.........$200 for 7nt or longer cruises
Gold...................$150 for 3-6nt cruises.........$275 for 7nt or longer cruises
Platinum.............$250 for 3-6nt cruises..........$350 for 7nt or longer cruises

Def. worth it to try to rebook onboard!!! :)

Thanks for the replies. If I re-book according to current prices, I will still save some money with the 10% discount. The OBC will be a bonus, so I will for sure be re-booking when I cruise in a few weeks. I just wanted to make sure I could leave my dates the same.

Will cruise for the first time in Oct 2011.

I understand from reading forums that if cruisers book a future cruise before leaving the ship. Something like 10% of what the current prices are.

My question is, if I would book a second cruise while aboard, would I lose that discount if a few months later I ended up needing to change the date or location of the cruise?

Also, what if I book and put a deposit down on a 2012 cruise before taking my first Oct 2011 one (see I am already thinking we'll love it and want to go again! LOL)...it seems like it would be better to wait until on the cruise, hope the room category I want is available and then book to get the discount.

I'm just trying to understand the pros/cons of rebooking onboard....it seems the best prices are when someone books very early when new cruises are announced.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Will cruise for the first time in Oct 2011.

I understand from reading forums that if cruisers book a future cruise before leaving the ship. Something like 10% of what the current prices are.
Except on Cat 12 and suites. Also you get $100 onboard credit (OBC) for 3-5 nt cruises, $200 for 7 nts or longer. This is in addition to what your TA might offer. Mine gives $200 for a 7 nt, plus $200 from DCL gives us $400. We are getting spoiled to have this much free $ every time.

My question is, if I would book a second cruise while aboard, would I lose that discount if a few months later I ended up needing to change the date or location of the cruise?
No, you can change your date as often as you like. If you're using a TA that gives onboard credits, you will get more credits (usually) if you name your TA at the time of booking onboard. If you transfer to a TA after you get home, it counts as a transferred ressie. Your TA then gets smaller commission therefore you get fewer OBCs. Be sure your TA doesn't charge a change or cancellation fee though. Mine doesn't but I've heard that some do. You can combine TA OBCs with DCL OBCs.

Also, what if I book and put a deposit down on a 2012 cruise before taking my first Oct 2011 one (see I am already thinking we'll love it and want to go again! LOL)...it seems like it would be better to wait until on the cruise, hope the room category I want is available and then book to get the discount.
Great idea! :idea: We've done this plenty. You have nothing to lose. When they release 2012 dates and you find something you def want, book it. When you sail, you can have the agent reprice it with discount and see if it will save you $. If it's still more $, then you know you got the best price and had best cabin selection. If it can save you $, it automatically cancels old ressie, reissues new res # and applies discount, OBC, deposit $, and same cabin. The only advantage to waiting until you board to book for 2012 is that when booking onboard, you only have to pay 1/2 the regular deposit. Doesn't change the total price though. Just in case some bizzaro thing happens and you decide after the 1st cruise that you don't want to cruise again, your deposit for 2012 is fully refundable.

I'm just trying to understand the pros/cons of rebooking onboard....it seems the best prices are when someone books very early when new cruises are announced.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Some insurances are very particular about booking date and insurance purchase date for pre-existing conditions to be covered. If this applies to you, it's something to consider. DCL ins does not cover PECs.

Rua, you rock! Thanks for sharing this information. While answering my "booking on board" questions you also touched on some things I've been wondering about regarding TAs.
I booked the cruise through Disney online and with Disney Visa. I've been reading about booking initially through a TA or transferring an existing ressie to one but have not done so yet. Our cruise isn't until Oct 2011 so lots of time before final payment is due, etc. It seems like there is more flexibility with having the res with Disney incase I need to change dates, etc. I've already called them to change room assignment and deck (LOL) and ask some questions and the Disney reps have been really great. With one of the TAs I saw online transferring the res would net an OBC of $75. Am trying to weigh pros and cons of using a TA. Your thoughts? We did a trip to WDW a couple years ago all through Disney without using a TA and it was great.

Sorry to add another question out here, but...if you re-book a suite onboard, I know you do not get the 10% discount, but do you get a larger OBC? TIA!

another question, so if i am on my 5th cruise and rebook onboard, do i get the gold level room credit?

another question, so if i am on my 5th cruise and rebook onboard, do i get the gold level room credit?

I've been told you will get gold perks when you sail your 6th cruise, regardless of what your status was at time of booking.
We booked our 6th & 7th while still silver and it should automatically adjust our status and perks.

Rua, you rock! Thanks for sharing this information. While answering my "booking on board" questions you also touched on some things I've been wondering about regarding TAs.
I booked the cruise through Disney online and with Disney Visa. I've been reading about booking initially through a TA or transferring an existing ressie to one but have not done so yet. Our cruise isn't until Oct 2011 so lots of time before final payment is due, etc. It seems like there is more flexibility with having the res with Disney incase I need to change dates, etc. I've already called them to change room assignment and deck (LOL) and ask some questions and the Disney reps have been really great. With one of the TAs I saw online transferring the res would net an OBC of $75. Am trying to weigh pros and cons of using a TA. Your thoughts? We did a trip to WDW a couple years ago all through Disney without using a TA and it was great.
You're welcome! :goodvibes
We never use a TA for any land trips either. Most of those trips are so flexible and don't require much planning or payment so far in advance. Crusing is so different and not that I really NEED a TA, the extra $200 is enough to sway me that I can call her instead of DCL. If you plan to transfer, you can do it right before you make your final payment. Once it's paid in full, you can't transfer.

Sorry to add another question out here, but...if you re-book a suite onboard, I know you do not get the 10% discount, but do you get a larger OBC? TIA!
I wish I could tell you about that but never even came close.

Ok, I am new here!! Why don't you get the discount if you book a suite?? Is a deluxe balcony room considered a suite?? I plan on booking this kind of cabin while we are onboard.

Maybe I am just confused on the room descriptions.

Thanks for the info!!

Ok, I am new here!! Why don't you get the discount if you book a suite?? Is a deluxe balcony room considered a suite?? I plan on booking this kind of cabin while we are onboard.

Maybe I am just confused on the room descriptions.

Thanks for the info!!

I can't answer on why you don't get 10% off the suites (could be because there are so few of them and they are always booked far in advance).

However, a suite is category 1, 2, or 3 (currently) or with the 2011 classifications, categories R, S or T. These are all concierge staterooms.

The Deluxe Family Stateroom with Verandah (Catergory 4/V) and Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah (category 5 & 6) DO qualify for the 10% discount. Keep in mind that the 10% is off the base fare of the cruise, not including port fees/taxes.

A

I've been told you will get gold perks when you sail your 6th cruise, regardless of what your status was at time of booking.
We booked our 6th & 7th while still silver and it should automatically adjust our status and perks.

I was told the same thing. Our cruise in Dec is #5 for us and I was told our two cruises scheduled for 2011 would be adjusted to the higher OBC automatically once we do cruise#5.

The 10% onboard booking discount isn't on the full cost of the cruise. Subtract the taxes and the non-commissionable amount to get the base cruise fare that is subject to the 10% discount.

When I booked our 4-night Feb. 2011 Dream cruise last November, the pre-tax rate for our Cat. 11C cabin was $479/pp. I rebooked onboard in December, and the new pre-tax price was $443/pp - a savings of $36/pp. The onboard booking discount of $36 is 10% of $360, so the non-commissionable amount for a 4-night Bahamas cruise is $479 - $360 = $119/pp.

Yep, it doesn't matter your status at the time of booking a cruise, it matters what level you hit the day you walk off the preceeding cruise.

I had a couple of 'unexpected' cruises this year (thanks to a friend who is a TA and invited me along), so my 2011 Dream B2B will now be done as a platinum cruiser and my OBC for those 2 just jumped $100 each! :thumbsup2

Yep, it doesn't matter your status at the time of booking a cruise, it matters what level you hit the day you walk off the preceeding cruise.

I had a couple of 'unexpected' cruises this year (thanks to a friend who is a TA and invited me along), so my 2011 Dream B2B will now be done as a platinum cruiser and my OBC for those 2 just jumped $100 each! :thumbsup2

I'm confused. Isn't silver level obc $100? :confused3

Okay so if you book onboard to get the discount and the OBC and then when you get home you can transfer your ressie to a TA and get more OBC? Is that correct? How does that work please? :confused3

Okay so if you book onboard to get the discount and the OBC and then when you get home you can transfer your ressie to a TA and get more OBC? Is that correct? How does that work please? :confused3

With DU, you get more OBC if you name them as the TA while you are booking onboard. TAs get less $ from Disney for reservations transfered to them after the fact.

Yes, but like pp said, I ask the CM at the future cruise desk to add my TA to my new ressie. That way my TA gets max commission and we get max obc.
We all get a little.
I'm sure DCL loves when people book direct and they don't have to pay out to anyone except their measley $25 online booking obc.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter