RBHS and thong check

SDAngel101

<font color=deeppink>Im the Dancin' QUEEN!!<br><fo
This areticle was also on the CB.. when i heard this i was AMAZED! What was even worse about it is i like lik 15 mins from Ranch Bernardo, and the neighborhood around there is middle-high class.. so the school is mainly white (i dont want to sound racist). The high school i go to is in down town San Diego, and to hear about this... wow lol! if this lady tried to get to me to show her my underwear.. the would have gotten slapped in the face by me, and then heard from my mom! lol im not EVEN kidding! if a police officer doesn't even have the right to harm you (unless your getting arrested) then how in the world does this VP think she can. I guess is started when people weren't wearing any underwear at the dances and i guess someone saw it, but common now, it is none of there buisiness to know that kind of stuff... MAN this pisses me off!!

RANCHO BERNARDO – A high school assistant principal accused of asking students to show their underwear before entering a dance was placed on administrative leave today after district officials had weighed the "severity of the allegations and concerns of those involved."

Dozens of infuriated parents and students have demanded that the administrater, Rita Wilson, be fired, saying she violated students' rights by forcing girls and boys attending a dance to lift their clothing and expose their undergarments. The reason for the check, the district said, was to "ensure appropriate school dress."

Several girls attending the dance Friday said they were asked if they were wearing thong underwear, and told to go home and change if they were. Female and male students complained of having to lift their clothing and expose their undergarments to Assistant Principal Rita Wilson and counselor Natalie Johnson outside the gym while their peers watched. The reason, the district said, was "to ensure appropriate school dress."

"It was a violation of these kids' privacy, and very embarrassing for kids at that age," said Cindy Chappell, whose 16-year-old daughter complained that her bra was exposed while Wilson examined her tube top.

The student said she was asked whether the tube top was attached to her bra. After answering, the student said, Wilson grabbed her tube top and yanked it down, exposing most of her bra.

"I felt embarrassed because there were about 50 people standing around," Chappell's daughter said. "I didn't think I had done anything wrong."

San Diego city police Officer Greg Bisesto said that while patrolling the dance, which was attended by about 725 students, he watched Wilson force dozens of girls to lift their skirts. He said he heard Wilson ask the questions: "Are you wearing underwear? If so, is it a thong? . . . Then let me check."

"I just thought, 'Oh, my God, what is she doing?' " Bisesto said. "This is totally out of line."

Bisesto said he approached Assistant Principal Michael Mosgrove and asked him to talk to Wilson about her behavior. Bisesto said he does not know if Mosgrove spoke with Wilson, but he said the examinations did not stop.

Jordan Budd, legal director at the American Civil Liberties Union for San Diego and Imperial counties, said that if the description of the night's events provided by students is accurate, "it plainly violates the privacy rights of girls and boys subjected to the searches."

Some parents have threatened to file invasion-of-privacy and sexual-harassment lawsuits against the school. Parent Alane Barnes Garvik said she will not be satisfied until Wilson and Johnson are removed.

"Those two need to be gone," said Garvik, whose daughter was asked if she was wearing a thong. "That's the only acceptable consequence. These people, as far as I'm concerned, need to be classified as SEX OFFENDERS!!"

A member of the school's student government, Michael Barber, said he approached a teacher at the dance, asking him to talk to Wilson, but the teacher declined.

"Teachers were our only line of defense, and when we tried to say something, nothing was taken seriously," said Barber, a senior.

Wilson, who has been working in the district since 1995, was described by students as a strict administrator who is known for enforcing the rules. As one of four assistant principals at the 3,166-student school, she oversees some disciplinary issues and organizes school events.

OMG! thats horrible!

well here there is no reason to check...everyone pants are so low you can see them when the sitting or standing :rolleyes:

That is awful!!

You can see what most everyone at my school has on too! Guys used to be the only ones teachers got on to about pants being too low, now its girls and not guys! Our geometry teacher lectured us abotu it! You would have to know her, it was possibly the funniest thing i have ever heard in my whole life! hehe:)

That's disgusting. If that had been my school, the moment they checked the FIRST person's skirt or whatever there would've been a brawl lol. I don't understand how the administration can do that......and I don't know why so many students LET them do it. Seriously, my underwear is my business! lol

i would have benn the one person to say bite me... ya know what can they do to you?? your done everything and your grades are in!

That is so wrong. Those teachers should be fired. I mean i understand dress codes(I hate them, but understand them) but that is going way too far!!!

I don't get it. They say they did it for "appropriate school dress." Whos gona see??? Or look?? I know some people are gross, but relly the only onw who was probaly going to see, know, or care would be the person whering them. If they were doing it delibritly, thats a diffrent story, but they weren't. That sick women should be fired and put in jail!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter