Rave Review for Murray Hill Transportation...Again!

WaltD4Me

<font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate
Thanks to the DIS boards I have found the wonders of using a Town Car service and I will never look back!

We used Murray Hill Transporatation again for this trip and they were just great again. Very friendly, great communication and both times we had a fabulous driver named Tony. I can't imagine ever going back to Mears or even using Magical Express. I love getting off the plane and having the driver waiting, I love getting in the car and going, without waiting for anyone else, I love having the grocery stop, I love having the driver tell us to take our time and I love being taken straight to my hotel without any other stops. We landed at 7:35pm and even with the grocery stop we were at our hotel by 8:40pm...it actually would have been a little sooner, but my niece couldn't decide what kind of cereal she wanted! :rotfl:

So, a big thank you to Murray Hill, they are definitely our car service of choice for every Disney trip. Using a car service is worth every nickel and then some!

I totally agree with town cars. I am trying to figure out which towncar service to go with in october.

Do you have a phone number for Murray Hill? I like to call for a town car. Do not trust doing that sort of thing on a website. Thank you in advance, to anyone who can provide a phone number.

barbaraan - I know what you mean about booking on-line, but I booked twice on-line with Murray Hill with no problems at all. I received a confirmation email within a day and then emailed them to confirm again the day before we left. I'm sure calling to make your reservation is no problem though, they are extremly friendly and helpful at Murray Hill. If you do call to make the reservation, still be sure to go to their website and print out the $5.00 off coupon. Every little bit helps!

When I booked I requested a grocery stop (it's free) and rented a deluxe stroller from them. The stroller rental was only $20 for our entire stay and the stroller, while not new, was clean and in good working condition and much better than the ones you rent at the parks, plus we had it to use the whole time, not just while at the parks. Best $20 bucks I ever spent! You can also rent a small umbrella stoller for $10, there are pictures of their strollers on their website.

Both times we used Murray Hill our driver was waiting for us as soon as we got off the plane and both times the driver was ready and waiting for us about 10 minutes early for our return. The vehicles were always very clean and the service very friendly. I just can't say enough good things about Murray Hill. I know you'll be pleased.

So glad to hear a good review! We were thinking about Murray Hill for the first week in October but I haven't heard anything about them in a while and I was starting to have my doubts!!

I do have a question though? Do they still allow you to stop and take pictures at the entrance sign? We don't need a grocery stop, but we sure would love to do this!!

I don't know about the picture at the enterance, I didn't request it either time. I heard they were going to discontinue it, but don't know for sure if they did already.

I have to say, the driver showed us the spot where they do the picture and it is on the side of a very busy road, I don't know how comfortable I'd feel standing there to get the picture personally. It is a pretty big grassy area and they probably have you stand well off the road, but still.............

If you use Murray Hill, request Tony for your driver, they don't guarantee you will get him, but he is really great and it can't hurt to ask.

we also used murrys in 04. they was great.was waiting at airport even after 2 hour delay and when returning we was delayed by three days due to hurricane francs, guess what we rang let them know new times and was no problems. even had a mcdonalds in car on way to airport with marie as she was staving.

def reccomend theses. :wizard: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :earsgirl: :cool1:

I called the phone number you gave and my town car is all set for my June trip. Thanks for everybody's help.

We traveled to Orlando from NYC the end of May and we had booked Murray Hill Transportation on-line. We were four adults and a 2 yr-old. We had one of the owners, Johnny as our driver both ways and he was waiting for us at the baggage claim, the van was clean and well maintained, the car seat was in place for our toddler and he made the complimentary stop at the supermarket at our request. When we checked out of our hotel for the return to the airport, Johnny was out in front with another very clean van and so our return experience was identical. In our experience, you would be crazy to use anyone else but Murray Hill when traveling to Orlando. We are not seasoned Disney travelers since the last time we were there, Epcot wasn't even built. their website is <transportation2disney.com>

For what it's worth, we had an equally pleasant experience at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Their shuttle bus service to the Disney destinations was spot-on and the entire hotel was run first rate. Our Orlando/Disney experience was perfect in every way and we travel a lot (just not to Disney).

Thanks to the DIS boards I have found the wonders of using a Town Car service and I will never look back!

We used Murray Hill Transporatation again for this trip and they were just great again. Very friendly, great communication and both times we had a fabulous driver named Tony. I can't imagine ever going back to Mears or even using Magical Express. I love getting off the plane and having the driver waiting, I love getting in the car and going, without waiting for anyone else, I love having the grocery stop, I love having the driver tell us to take our time and I love being taken straight to my hotel without any other stops. We landed at 7:35pm and even with the grocery stop we were at our hotel by 8:40pm...it actually would have been a little sooner, but my niece couldn't decide what kind of cereal she wanted! :rotfl:

So, a big thank you to Murray Hill, they are definitely our car service of choice for every Disney trip. Using a car service is worth every nickel and then some!

Glad you had another great car service experience. We've never used Murray, but I do agree about using a car service. We love getting to baggage claim (where our driver is always waiting for us) and then heading right outside to a car that's ready to go, getting us to our resort within 30-40 minutes of leaving the airport. Sometimes we rent a car if I can find a deal that's comparable in price to the car service we use, but usually we just go with the car service and let someone else do the driving between MCO and our resort. We have never even considered using DME as it's just too easy using the car service and is well worth the money for us.

i always wonder why a 9 year old thread finds life...........again.

Tony, who is mentioned in the first post of this 2005 thread, now has his own business.
he represented John and Marie very well with murray hill.

do have to agree that murray hill provided me with excellent, outstanding service when i used them.
can't go wrong with them.

i switched to using Tony a couple of years back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter