Ratio of children to adults

Noonan85

Earning My Ears
Last May our family of four sailed on the Magic for 7 days. There were quite a number of children on board. It was rumored that there were approx. 900 children out of I believe 2,700 passengers. Many passengers and even the crew commented that this was unusual (1 out of every 3).

To be honest, the only time we noticed so many children was at the Mickey Pool (almost impossible to get a chair) or when we picked our kids up from the club. My husband stayed with the kids at the Mickey Pool while I enjoyed some quiet time at the adult pool. Other than that, we never really saw any little ones besides our own 4 and 6 at the time.

Can anyone tell me is 1 out of 3 the norm. We are sailing again this May to the Western Carribean and I must admit I am hoping to spend a little more time with my kids at the Mickey Pool. The loved the slide.

Any input would be great!

Looking forward to another Magical trip!!!!

Yep!! It is basicly the normal ratio. But if you would like a good segestion; You should scedual the late dinner seating, because all the people with very young children will have the early. Which basicly means lots of kids will be out of the pool during there diner seating which will give you some more space in the pool and on the deck. If you have any questions or comments about the disney cruise you can visit my web site which will be opining soon! Hope it helps ya!!!!!!!!!

In our experience over the course of 18 cruises, the ratio seems to depend a lot on the time of year you are sailing. We said on a lot of holidays, and the kid ratio is much higher then. But it never dissuades us from sailing Disney, as the kids rarely seem to be underfoot. The only difference we notice is that on three or four occasions when the kid ratio was especially high, we had youngsters at our dinner table. But that didn't bother us at all--on all occasions, they were delightful, well-behaved youngsters...we enjoyed talking to them as much as to their parents!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter