Rate your love of Figment

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by LoveMMC, Aug 29, 2017.

1. LoveMMC

LoveMMC Mouseketeer

Got a survey after going to Epcot Monday.
    It asked me about figment Did I know who he was? Rate my love of Figment.
    As well as character in Epcot questions.
    Made me think of the Dis podcast and Teresa's (?) love of Figment.

*NikkiBell* likes this.
  2. Smittolis

Smittolis Mouseketeer

Did this ride for the first time in August, my 7 year old loved it! I on the other hand did not lol... It has some interesting concepts but i had never heard of it until I went on it.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. NeuroCindy

NeuroCindy DIS Veteran

Kathy loves Figment, not Teresa.

This makes me think they're really considering taking him out of the park completely. :/

Alicenwonderment likes this.
  5. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

To my knowledge, Teresa has not publicly expressed her love of Figment.

Kathy Werling @safetymom has been uninhibited in her Figment love.

Clare Voince and OKW Lover like this.
  6. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

Love Figment. He's just the victim of a god-awful ride.

I even miss Dreamfinder. Even if they overhaul the actual ride("Inside Out"-themed, etc.), I hope Figment and Dreamfinder still are prominent in the pavilion somehow overall(maybe in the interactive part afterwards.....which also badly needs to be overhauled).

Also, Duffy sucks.

7. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Figment will not leave the park. People love that little dude. He's the face of Food and Wine (for whatever reason) and Epcot's mascot. Even if Imagination changes, Figment will survive.

As for me, I love him. I love what he represents. I love that he was an original character made for a park and that he has survived and been loved for 30 years.

8. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Mouseketeer

I love Figment! but love it ironically.

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  9. earfulofmagic

earfulofmagic cranking out magic and assembly line whimsy

10, but I would be happy to see the current Figment ride... change, for the better (and still featuring Figment, of course).

SG131, FortForever and marcyleecorgan like this.
  10. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

I think people confuse Figment with the current Journey Into Imagination Attraction. I am a very big Figment fan and based on the amount of merchandise they sell each year with him on it there is no way he is leaving the park. The current attraction, on the other hand, is pretty awful. It needs re-imagined and I think an attraction using both Figment and the Inside Out IP (if the rumor about them coming to that pavilion is true) is a good way to go.

11. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

I Loooooooooooooooooooooooooove Figment! I sing the silly little song all the time!

FigmentKrazee likes this.
  12. FortForever

FortForever Disney since Day 1

I love Figment, and have since the very beginning! 10 out of 10!

I buy all his pins and love when he gets featured in something. I purchased 4 scavenger hunts in February just to get all the Figment magnets. Even so, they were out of The Screamer and had to get that one from eBay to have the full set.

It worries me a bit that they are asking about Figment on a survey question. He definitely needs a new and improved ride, as I think most people liked it better before it was changed. Even so, I always ride it numerous times when I'm there.

13. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I have never been on the ride, but I have watched the original several times on youtube. I give him a 9!

marcyleecorgan likes this.
  14. NuttyDisneyDad

NuttyDisneyDad Disney veteran

My love for the little annoying purple dragon is a fat zero. I was very excited to attend the festival of the arts but that faded when I noticed that he was on EVERY piece of event merchandise..

schaefercal likes this.
  15. schaefercal

schaefercal Just Take The Bare Necessities

I think the best part of Figment is the secluded bathrooms on the back side of the building.... Is that like a 1.5 I guess???

NuttyDisneyDad and melanielll like this.
  16. melanielll

melanielll DIS Veteran

Figment and his ride get a 0 from me.

17. Jess_S

Jess_S DIS Veteran

I love Figment because I loved the original ride. And the most memorable part of my first visit to Disney as a 5 year old was how much I hated Dreamfinder. I vividly remember him making a sassy comment to one of my aunts and the two of them having a back and forth. I found it traumatizing. (My aunt loved it, though. She was a big fan of insult humor).

My son did not like Figment at all on his first trip. Every time we asked if he wanted to go on a ride, he made sure it wasn't Figment before agreeing.

I'm sure they won't just put the original ride back like so many of us sentimental people want. But I'm interested to see how they try and fix (replace?) the current ride.

JacknSally and marcyleecorgan like this.
  18. BigAlsGal

BigAlsGal DIS Veteran

Yeah I guess I like figment in his ride but I'm gonna agree with previous poster. When I see him on merchandise that's a big nope for me.

Disney Khi, DVCjj and melanielll like this.
  19. melanielll

melanielll DIS Veteran

Yes! Figment stopped me from buying quite a bit of Flower and Garden Festival merch this year. From a distance it was so cute... and then you got closer and saw it...FIGMENT! Nope!

BigAlsGal likes this.
  20. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

See for me, the Figment merch is what I am looking for as a souvenir! I know it's only in EPCOT but I have a small collection and I love to add to it.

I was so touched when my mom bought the Festival of the Arts tote bag and then gifted it to me at the end of the trip! I cried admittedly...

FigmentKrazee and JacknSally like this.
  21. BigAlsGal

BigAlsGal DIS Veteran

In 2015 the official F&W pins were so cute! They had Mickey Mouse on them. I was told (after someone saw my pin on my lanyard) that that particular pin sold out within 2 weeks.

At the 2016 F&W the official pin had figment on them. I took a hard pass. I'm guessing they had tons of those left over. Lol