Rate the stage shows

Twitterpaited

Mouseketeer
how would you rate each of the stage shows you have seen on DCL ships? Up to 4 stars. Please also tell which ship you saw the show on.

Beauty & the Beast (Dream), Tangled (Magic), Dreams (Magic & Wonder) and Frozen (Wonder) : ****
Aladdin (Fantasy) and Twice Charmed (Magic) : ***
Wishes (Fantasy) and Golden Mickeys (Wonder & Dream) : **
Believe (Fantasy & Dream) : *

Believe (Dream) ****
Twice Charmed (Magic) ****
Tangled (Magic?, can't remember) ****
Golden Mickeys (Dream) ***
Beauty and the Beast (Dream) *

I think Believe was my favorite, Beauty and the Beast definitely my least favorite (although this is definitely not the popular opinion). Believe has such a good story. B&B relied on theatrics over story.

Tangled****
Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Dreams, Golden Mickeys***
Wishes, Twice Charmed, Believe**
Aladdin*

Tangled (Magic)****
Twice Charmed (Magic)***
Golden Mickeys (Wonder and Dream)**
Aladdin (Fantasy), Dreams, Believe (I don’t recall which show is on which ship)*

We haven’t seen Frozen, Beauty and the Beast or Wishes.

Tangled (Magic) ****
Golden Mickeys (Wonder)***
Twice Charmed (Magic) **
Aladdin (Fantasy), Believe (Fantasy ??), Dreams (maybe the Wonder??) * I mean no offense to these show's fans. They are all very well done, just not my cup of tea. Our son enjoyed them when he was little, so that made me happy. He's 21 now, so I'm off the hook :P.

I haven't seen any of the others currently showing. Of the ones no longer around, I actually loved Toy Story, though it seemed (from this board anyway) that I was in the minority. I wasn't a huge fan of Villains, though I didn't hate it quite as much as a lot of people on here seemed to.

Tangled (Magic) ****
Golden Mickeys (Wonder)***
Twice Charmed (Magic) **
Aladdin (Fantasy), Believe (Fantasy ??), Dreams (maybe the Wonder??) * I mean no offense to these show's fans. They are all very well done, just not my cup of tea. Our son enjoyed them when he was little, so that made me happy. He's 21 now, so I'm off the hook :P.

I haven't seen any of the others currently showing. Of the ones no longer around, I actually loved Toy Story, though it seemed (from this board anyway) that I was in the minority. I wasn't a huge fan of Villains, though I didn't hate it quite as much as a lot of people on here seemed to.

It’s always interesting to hear the different perspectives. I really enjoyed Villians, and was not sad at all to see Toy Story leave. I didn’t really care for Toy story, plus it replaced Hercules, a show I really liked.

I'm going to put a disclaimer before my ratings by saying something I know will be a bit divisive. I've seen professional stage shows (national Broadway tours), as well as, years ago, Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. None of the shows I've seen on the Disney ships come close to Broadway-caliber. As a result, my four to one star ratings won't be comparing the ships' shows against Broadway; four stars will simply be the best ship show, and one star will be the worst.

I've only sailed on the Dream and the Magic.

Tangled (Magic): Four stars
Twice Charmed (Magic): Three stars
The Golden Mickeys (Dream): Two stars
Beauty and the Beast (Dream): One and a half stars
Believe (Dream): One star

Had also seen Villains Tonight on our first Disney cruise, but if it were still around, it would get one star. If I were to sail the Magic again, I'd probably see Twice Charmed and Tangled again.

It’s always interesting to hear the different perspectives. I really enjoyed Villians, and was not sad at all to see Toy Story leave. I didn’t really care for Toy story, plus it replaced Hercules, a show I really liked.

Hercules was the only show I ever sat all the way through and I loved it. Wish they would bring it back :)

how would you rate each of the stage shows you have seen on DCL ships? Up to 4 stars. Please also tell which ship you saw the show on.

Golden Mickeys (Dream ***, Wonder **)

Believe (Dream) * I could barely tolerate it and would have left had I not been in the middle of the row...

Dreams (Wonder) *

Frozen (Wonder) ****

Tangled (Magic) ****
Frozen (Wonder) ***
All the rest (with the exception of Aladdin which I haven't seen yet) * with Believe being the worst of them all

I'd say:

Beauty & the Beast (Dream), Tangled (Magic) ****
Aladdin (Fantasy) and Twice Charmed (Magic) : *** 1/2

I really only like the ones based on movies. I don't like any of the others...they are so cheesy. (Have not been on the Wonder or Frozen would be included.)

Favorite: Aladdin (Fantasy), by far. Particularly if you get a good Genie.
Tangled (Magic) was also very good

Middle:
Believe (Fantasy) and Wishes (Fantasy) were cute. Nothing spectacular, but I liked them.

Bad:
Twice Charmed (Magic) - I'm not a fan of Cinderella to begin with, and this show just seemed really forced. None of the new songs were at all memorable
Dreams (Magic) - Tinkerbell annoys me, so having a whole show with her popping in all the time was not my idea of a good time

I saw a few shows (I think Believe and Golden Mickeys) on the Dream once, but that was long enough ago that I can't rate it, because I honestly don't remember.

Frozen (Wonder) ****
Tangled (Magic): ****
Twice Charmed (Magic): ***
The Golden Mickeys (Dream and Wonder): **
Dreams (Wonder and Magic): ***
Villains Tonight (Dream) **

Aladdin, ***.5. Guess we had a good Genie. Our Jasmine was quite good as well. Easily the best singer.

Wishes * and Believe *.5. Not very good, even for the jukebox musical genre. Highlights were, shockingly, the Genie and the Jasmine actor (who IIRC also performed as Mulan).

Frozen *****
Tangled *****
Believe ****
Golden Mickeys ****
Twice Charmed ***
Dreams ***
Wishes ***
Aladdin *
Villains Tonight *

I have enjoyed all their shows through the years.
I saw Frozen a couple weeks ago for the first time on The Wonder, it was amazing.

**With the exception of Toy Story, that was hard to watch. I don't even remember if it was on The Magic or Wonder, its been gone a while.

been on Dream in 16 & 18 and Wonder 17 my rank is:
Frozen
Beauty and the Beast
Dreams
Golden Mickeys
Believe
Villains

Favorites: Tangled (Magic), Twice Charmed (Magic), Beauty and the Beast (Dream) ****
Still good shows: Aladdin (Fantasy), Golden Mickeys (Dream) ***
Not great, but not terrible: Dreams (Magic), Wishes (Fantasy) **
Horrible, would never see again: Believe (Fantasy) *

Golden Mickey (Wonder & Magic) ****
Frozen (Wonder) ****
Disney Dreams (Wonder & Magic) ****
Toy Story (Wonder) *
Twice Charmed (Magic) ****

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!