Rasul on Magic is in need of rehab!

sissy_ib

DIS Veteran
Just off the Magic yesterday. I booked the Rasul for me and DH. It was nothing like I thought it would be. We checked in and were shown to the changing rooms (I had been going to the rain forest room so I knew where they were but DH did not), then we were shown to the Rasul room. I was disappointed in a number of things.

There were a TON of products we were shown. Way too many to remember everything told or be able to use in 50 minutes. Many of the bottles were nearly empty and the labels of some were so worn off we could not even read what they were. They need to lay out about half the number of products in NEW (or at least not worn) bottles.

The steam room was too hot for us to spend time in and the showers in there were ICE cold. Cool water would have been nice and refreshing but this was just unpleasantly cold. Also, one of the showers did not work at all. The seats should not be so hot you cannot touch them. Yes, putting down a towel made it better but that should not be needed. This made the room basically unusable. DH thought the room was too hot to be in at all and I thought it was too hot for this kind of treatment. I know you want to use heat with the products but it does not need to be that high. (I also thought the seats in the steam room in the rain forest were too hot but that is a different experience and I enjoyed sitting in there a few minutes at a time.) We tried to make the best of it left the door to the steam room open to balance the temperature and started using the products.

This is where we discovered the next problem. We were rinsing off in the shower in the main room and discovered the drain was not working! It was a few minutes before we realized it and the floor was just flooded. Of course we still had mud and face masks on we had to rinse.

After only 15-20 minutes we gave up. We went and changed and the woman who had shown us to the room was confused to see me waiting in the lobby of the spa. I told her all the problems and she went to check. At first she thought I had said the steam room was cold and I explained, no, the showers are ice cold. She told me they were supposed to be that cold to counteract the heat. I then told her that was not comfortable for us and the room was unusable since the one shower was flooding the whole place. She said she would let the manager know about the rooms state and that I would not be charged.

I appreciated her not charging us but I am still disappointed in the poor state of this service. I would be SOOO much nicer if they set the heat on the chairs MUCH lower, set the heat in the room down about 15 degrees, set the temp on the showers higher and only gave you the scrub, mud and maybe two washes and two face masks. And honestly the scrub was not that nice.

I have seen many positive reviews here on the DIS and that is why I booked it. I hope they work out these issues for those who would like to use the room. It seams that over all it is not a very popular service. I changed my time on-board and it was completely open to whatever I wanted. Maybe this is why the room is in bad shape?

When my DW and I did it last april the steam room had standing water in it that was to hot to walk in, we did the same thing left the door open and the shower had no cold water just hot will give it another try on the wonder in 2 weeks

When my DW and I did it last april the steam room had standing water in it that was to hot to walk in, we did the same thing left the door open and the shower had no cold water just hot will give it another try on the wonder in 2 weeks

We did not have standing water in the steam room but we did not use it much and only ran the showers in there quickly. The floor itself was too hot to walk on with out our sandals. The shower in the first room was a nice warm temp, not too hot. If they had a temperature control on the showers in the steam room, like the ones in the rain forest do the showers would be much better.

We had the same problems you described except the showers were hot as well. The only way for us to get cool/cold water was that weird fountain thing, there was a rubber hose hanging down that we were able to get ice cold water from but that wasn't at all comfortable. The tile was way too hot, in fact I had a mark on my shoulder from where I leaned back against it and got burned. We expressed out concerns to the spa attendant and she said something about the plumbing going thru the stack and that's why it gets so hot. I was very disappointed with the experience and won't be doing that again.

We had the opposite problem during ours...everything was too HOT. Every shower put out scalding hot water with no way to regulate it. I know others love the Rasul, and if there had been a way to deal with the water temp, we would have as well. Sort of sad to see it's not offered on the Dream or the Fantasy though, we would have liked to try again...

Well, I guess I'm cancelling my upcoming rasul. Very disappointing reviews lately. Haven't heard of a good one in the last year! Wonder what it takes to impove upon it.

Never done it but the "standing water" thing is really gross to me and would deter me from reserving this treatment...esp from what people report they do in there. Just seems unsanitary.

Never done it but the "standing water" thing is really gross to me and would deter me from reserving this treatment...esp from what people report they do in there. Just seems unsanitary.

Fortunately there was no water when we started, just after we started to use the shower but it was still really gross. I used the sand scrub and green body mud so the water was all kinds of colors. And of course I still had product on me that had to be rinsed off so that just added to the water.

Well, I guess I'm cancelling my upcoming rasul. Very disappointing reviews lately. Haven't heard of a good one in the last year! Wonder what it takes to impove upon it.

I did mention it on the comment card they left in the room and I left a more detailed account in the online survey they sent a few days later.
I am really bothered that so many are saying the water in the sauna room showers was too hot as ours was ICE cold and I was told it is supposed to be that way. I think the people working in the spa have no idea what it is supposed to be like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter