• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rare Character Swap Sign Ups - Due 9/29: CLOSED but active!!!

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Rare Character Swap!!

Due date is September 29th (that is when I need to receive your package. I will wait one week to return them just in case someone‘s doesn‘t arrive on schedule).
This swap is open to any swapper!!! Everyone is welcome!!

1. You choose a rare character. Not one normally not see but those we usually don’t think to swap items for. Here are a few examples King John, Shaker & Big Al, Baloo, Pocahontas, Terk, Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, Genie, Aladdin, Rafiki, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio & Geppetto, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Sleeping Beauty, Brer Rabbit & Brer Bear, Fairy Godmother, Evil Queen, Merlin.
Or a great link for ideas is:http://home.att.net/~disneysue/characters/wdw/disneycharacters.html
2. Required: 1- photo mat double matted/embellished for 4x6 photo; 1- photo frame double matted/embellished for 4x6 photo and select any other 2 elements from the list below for your pair. The mat/frame and two other elements will make a nice page kit.
ETA on 7/19: If anyone is having trouble making the frames or do not like they way they are turning out, please feel free to make a second mat instead.. Double matted and embellised!
3. There will be only 6 people per group, so you can keep the production small per group! And if you'd like, you can join another group. I will post any duplicates into different groups. There will be a maximum of 10 groups.
4. Packing Instructions - use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label each bag with your name so we know who made each kit. You‘ll have 6 bags to enclose in the larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag. - be sure to include your name, your DIS name. On the larger Ziploc bag please put your mailing address on your bag and include return postage.
5. Mailing Instructions- Please use the Flat Rate Envelopes ($4.05) or the Flat Rate Box ($8.10) to mail your packages of goodies to me! Include $4.05 for envelope postage (or stamps if you don't want to send cash) to return your items or $8.10 for the box postage. On the outside of your box/envelope please include your DIS name and Swap name in the bottom corner!
6. PM me with your name and address if you haven’t swapped with me before. If you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.
7. Most importantly HAVE FUN!!

Ok - here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it).

~~~~Element List ~~~~~ Please use double matting and no handwriting
1 Topper – 8 inch long by 2 inch wide
1 Borders – 11 inches long
1 Journaling boxes - at least 2x2 of writing space & 2 embellished squares - double matted
4 embellished squares - double matted
2 Tags - with brad or eyelet
2 Slide Mounts
1 Journaling Box n Tag - see above
1 Tag & 2 Embellished Squares - see above
1 Mini File Folder & 2 squares - see above
1 Library Pocket and Tag
1 Shaker Box
1 Paper Piecing
1 Matted Poem or song Lyric
1 license plate
Eyelets/brads/buttons/charm(6 per person) AND fiber/ribbon (1Yard pp)

Group 1: FULL
1. momx3boys - Mulan
2. rlovew - Ariel
3. knovak - Sleeping Beauty
4. Mickey Teacher - Brer Rabbit & Brer Bear
5. Caitsmama - Fairy Godmother
6. PrincessNancy96 - Jasmine

Group 2: FULL
1. Ohana 4 - Fairy Godmother
2. RealMickeysGirl - Princess Aurora
3. Mickster - Jessie
4. KAMommy - Prince Charming
5. BernardandMissBianca - Mushu
6. Princess Jordan (PrincessNancy96’s DD) - Perla

Group 3: FULL
1. YodasMom - Cruella Deville
2. rlovew - figment
3. jennyl - Mr. Penguin
4. Mickey Teacher - Captain Hook & Mr. Smee
5. StitchIsOurHero - Rafiki
6. PrincessNancy96- Terk

Group 4: FULL
1. rlovew - Snow White
2. jennyl - Pocahontas
3. knovak - Ariel
4. MickeyTeacher- Mary Poppins
5. BernardandMissBianca - Incredibles
6. alexwyattmommy -piglet

Group 5: FULL
1. YodasMom- Evil Queen
2. RealMickeysGirl - Daisy Duck
3. cannp123165 - Ariel
4. rlovew - Merlin
5. StitchIsOurHero - Baloo
6. PrincessNancy96 - Pocahontas

Group 6: FULL
1. hopemax - Jafar
2. BernardandMissBianca - Evil Queen
3. momx3boys- Sleeping Beauty
4. fanofthemouse- Mulan
5. Ohana 4 - Captain Hook & Mr. Smee
6. RealMickeysGirl - King John

Group 7: FULL
1. bookmama - genie
2. alexwyattmommy - lilo
3. hopemax - Brer Guys
4. ohana4 - Nemo
5. momx3boys - Snow White
6. KatDisney - Evil Queen

Group 8: FULL
1. Ohana 4 - Aladdin
2. hopemax- Meeko
3. fanofthemouse - Queen of Hearts
4. momx3boys - Ariel
5. KatDisney - Fairy Godmother
6. PrincessNancy96 - Flik

Group 9: FULL
1. BernardandMissBianca - Mary Poppins- Nanny-
2. BuckeyeMickey - Jasmine
3. pixiedust32 - Sleeping Beauty
4. bookmama - geppheto
5. KatDisney - Cinderella's Mouse
6. YodasMom- Ursula

Group 10: FULL
1. mickeyfan2 - Dumbo
2. BuckeyeMickey - Stitch
3. fanofthemouse - Snow White
4. YodasMom - Old Hag
5. pixiedust32 - Ariel
6. KatDisney - Merlin

Group 11: FULL
1. pixiedust32 - Jasmine
2. caitsmama - Tink
3. Tracks n slabs - Brother Bear
4. bookmama - Pinocchio
5. ddavis860 - Eeyore
6. hiclarke - Mulan

I'll post a mailing/progress thread up in August so we know how things are going!

If you aren't in the Epcot or MK- Land swap than please PM me your address for the return labels.

Thank you again for participating!!! You all have given me so much inspiration for our scrapbooks!!! :banana:

Can I have Mary Poppins (Group 4) , Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, (Group 3)Brer Rabbit & Brer Bear (group 1).

Thanks for hosting!
Shawna

I'm in!! Please sign me up for Pocohantos and Mr. Penguin. Whichever groups is good for me.

I want to be in groupos 1, 4, and 5- My characters will be Ariel, Snow White, and Merlin.

Thanks!

I would like Group 1 Sleeping Beauty and Group 4 Ariel

I will let you know my elements later - thanks for hosting.

Updated as of here!!
Thanks everyone!!!

Swap Vote: Would everyone like to know the other 2 elements or let them be a surprise? You know there will be a frame and mat coming.

PrincessNancy96 said:
Updated as of here!!
Thanks everyone!!!

Swap Vote: Would everyone like to know the other 2 elements or let them be a surprise? You know there will be a frame and mat coming.

It dosen't matter to me--- I can let you know or it can be a surprise.

Shawna

I'm in! I will do Prince Charming (from Cinderella). Just stick me in any group!

Thanks.

It doesn't matter if it is a surprise or not but I would rather not make the final decision till I am in the process of making them. With something like this as I begin I can get a great idea that doesn't fit one element and switch something to do a different element.

rlovew said:
It doesn't matter if it is a surprise or not but I would rather not make the final decision till I am in the process of making them. With something like this as I begin I can get a great idea that doesn't fit one element and switch something to do a different element.
That is the same with me... I get inspiration and than need to just go with it!

Could I please do:

Group 3: Cruella DeVille

Group 5: Evil Queen

Thanks for hosting!!

Wow - I almost missed it.

I would like Princess Aurora, Daisy Duck, and the king that walks around GB in Epcot - is that King Richard or King Leonidas (I have heard both).

YodasMom & RealMickeysGirl,

I have you both added...

RealMickeysGirl, see another added tid-bit I didn't know but will be marking down for our next trip.... I only saw Pooh & Piglet in UK! I'm just going to camp out next year... there is no ifs/ands/or buts about it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter