RANT: I don't care if you want to sit next to your kids on the airplane

I think you might have misinterpreted my point, as did several others. I guess I didn't make it clear. I wasn't pondering the best way to deal with my particular situation. I also was not trying to justify my "rights" to a saved seat. I don't have one. No one on SW does. If a passenger asks to take an empty seat, it's his. That's the rule, the rule is clear, and my husband and I will always abide by that rule.
If I interpreted your comment incorrectly apologies. Respectfully your subsequent comment is quite different from your original comment I can totally understand why others answered the way they answered.

In any case you've cleared up what you were meaning :)

If I interpreted your comment incorrectly apologies. Respectfully your subsequent comment is quite different from your original comment I can totally understand why others answered the way they answered.

In any case you've cleared up what you were meaning :)

:flower3: You're right. I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. I shouldn't have lead my post with examples, before concluding that "fair" and "having a right" might not always be considered equivalent terms. I should have just made that point directly to begin with. I can see how that could have been confusing. I appreciate your response.

:flower3: You're right. I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. I shouldn't have lead my post with examples, before concluding that "fair" and "having a right" might not always be considered equivalent terms. I should have just made that point directly to begin with. I can see how that could have been confusing. I appreciate your response.
No worries :flower3:

That's been happening to me A LOT lately and it's so annoying. We had one Air France flight a couple years ago where I selected our seats the day before (four seats all together), then got to the gate and realized I was now sitting by myself 10 rows up from my family who were now in the very back row. Then everyone else at the gate realized they were also scattered all over the plane and it was a hot mess for the poor gate agents. Again on Aer Lingus last week, we had our pre-selected seats changed last minute on 3 out of 4 flights.

See, this would not go well for me. I have a horrid fear of flying and if I am not sitting next to my family member, it would not be a good situation for the poor passenger next to me LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter