Rank the Disney production shows!

stickeymouse

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have seen multiple production shows on the Disney ships, please rank them from best to worst. Thanks!

#1 was the GOLDEN MICKEYS for me! Nothing compared to that show. I don't know if it was because it was the first night of our cruise or what, but I started crying tears of happiness at the end.

Unbelievably magical for me :)

We have enjoyed all of them we've seen (we haven't seen the Fantasy's or the ones they do on longer Magic cruises), but if I had to rank them in order of my overall enjoyment:

Twice Charmed (Magic)
Toy Story (Wonder)
Villains Tonight (Magic)
Disney Dreams (Wonder)
Villains Tonight (Dream)
Believe (Dream)
Disney Dreams (Magic)
Golden Mickeys (Wonder)
Golden Mickeys (Dream)
All Aboard (Wonder)

A lot of this depends on the specific performers, and of course they change and move around. Obviously Villains Tonight and Disney Dreams are the same show on both ships they're offered on, but I thought Hades in Villains Tonight was a bit better on the Magic than on the Dream when we saw it, and the lead for Disney Dreams was a little better on the Wonder than the Magic. I thought the script for Golden Mickeys was kinda dumb, but the performances were excellent. And All Aboard is not much of a show, partially because they need to leave room to show samples of the other performers and extra foofaraw from the cruise director.

the worst, imo, is All Aboard. its an hour long commercial for cruising disney. you are a captive audience for what disney has to offer. then you have the show at the end of the cruise, not sure of the name (see you soon?) which is another hour long commercial for cruising disney again. some are going to say its information based however i see a commercial for sure.
the shows in-between are very good.

Based on the Magic and the Fantasy - I'm not rating the welcome aboard and the get off the ship shows, those aren't really full fun productions.

1. Villains Tonight
2. Twice Charmed
3. Aladdin
4. Dreams
5. Wishes
6. Believe

1. Dreams
2. Aladdin
3. Golden Mickeys
4. Toy Story
5. Vilains Tonight
5. Wishes
6. Twice Charmed
7. Believe

As far as the first and last shows are concerned, I can see why some people think that the first show is a commercial, but it also serves the purpose of bringing people's attention to the various activities that the ship has to offer (there are many people who are unaware of these things on their first cruise). The story is a bit tedious. I don't think that the last show is a commercial, just kind of a summary, and of course they want you to come back. The first and last shows also have performances by some of the other entertainers. On our recent Fantasy cruise Magic Dave first appeared at the first show and Lynne the ventriloquist was in the last show. Both were great.

I just wanted to say that sometimes Disney surprises you. We almost skipped the "see you soon" show and it was a fantastic show! There was a great magician on board who did a fantastic show and during the "see you soon" show he did an encore performance. We are happy we didn't miss it! But for the scripted shows we would rank as follows:

1) Alladin (Fantasy)
2) Believe (Fantasy)
3) Wishes (Fantasy)
4) Twice Charmed (Magic)
5) Vilians Tonight (Magic)

We love the magician/performer shows but those aren't scripted so you don't always know what you are going to get.

I don't remember the shows from the Magic. From the Fantasy the only one I really liked was Aladdin. I also enjoyed the variety acts very much - funny stuff! I didn't particularly like the other shows (Believe, Wishes, and the first/last night shows). We saw the Fantasy shows twice within 14 months so that doesn't help.

This is my list.

1. Dreams
2. Aladdin
3. Believe
4. Wishes
5. Villains Tonight
6. Toy Story
7. Twice Charmed
8. Golden Mickeys

Aladdin
Believe
Dreams
Wishes
Toy Story
Villians Tonight
Golden Mickeys
Twice Charmed

Did I hear that Tangled will replace Villain's Tonight on the Magic?
I'm not sure what show is being replaced. I've read Villain's Tonight. I've also read that Twice Charmed is being dropped.

I sent my opinion to DCL about what shows I think should be replaced (and Twice Charmed wasn't one of them). I don't have any weight with DCL, but they say they like to hear opinions about how they're doing.

Last edited:
I am going to say a tie for first because on our first cruise I really liked golden mickeys the best and thought dreams was just so-so. However on our last cruise I really enjoyed dreams. I guess this trip can be the tie breaker.
My least favorite is toy story. I did not care for the role of Sid played as loud obnoxious girl.

Aladdin
Twice Charmed
Believe
Wishes
Golden Mickeys
Villains
Toy Story
Dreams

And IA the Hercules show was fabulous!

1.Twice Charmed - My all time favorite, maybe bc it was our very first stage show on DCL!
2. Dreams
3. Believe
4. Aladdin
5. Wishes
6.Golden Mickeys (not impressed)
7. Villains Tonight! (good riddance)

Can't wait to see Tangled on the Magic next year! (Hopefully!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter