Rank Fantasyland Rides for Typically Non-Fantasyland Riders

skyblue17

DIS Veteran
I will be at Disneyland in less than a week! The shorter wait times have me optimistic I will be able to try a few new things that I usually do not prioritize as someone who has ever only visited for one day at a time. My friend and I are usually more into the bigger rides and do not take the time to wait for Fantasyland rides. However, it looks like quite a few have very short wait times lately and it might be the time to cross them off the list!

I'm looking for a little input regarding which Fantasyland rides we should definitely aim to hit, especially ones that we might like more than others. I'll likely try to go on things I haven't been on before, but still am curious to see what others say!

I HAVE been on Peter Pan (in DLR and WDW, Matterhorn, tea cups and It's a Small World!).

Personal preferences are tough...

Given that you’ve done PP, tea cups, Matterhorn, and IASW already, I’d probably prioritize the following:
Alice
Casey Jr.
Canal Boats
Dumbo
Snow White
Pinocchio
Castle walkthrough
Mr. Toad

Depending on wait times, I’d probably drop one of the following (Canal Boats, Casey Jr. or Dumbo) in order to do all of the last 4 on my list. In fact, I’d probably drop Dumbo, just because (while magical) it’s not actually unique. The carousel could be added in, but again—magical but not unique.

Here's my ranking:

1. Storybook Land Canal Boats. It's one of my favorite rides in the park. I love miniature things, it's a pleasant ride, unique, really pretty at night, and was one of Walt's favorites.

2. Matterhorn

3. Peter Pan. It's honestly very difficult for me to properly judge this one from an outsider's perspective. There is too much nostalgia wrapped up in it for me. I do think it's still a good ride. I guess my one complaint would be that it's rather short for the amount of time you typically have to wait.

4. Alice in Wonderland

5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. A fun little ride, if for nothing else than the bizarre story. It normally has short waits.

6. Tea Cups

7. Castle walk-through

8. It's a Small World

9. Pinnochio

10. Snow White

11. Dumbo

12. Casey Jr.

13. King Arthur's Carousel

My favorite ride is Alice. I absolutely love that outdoor zig-zag, and I think it's the loveliest view in the park. My second favorite is PP. Admittedly, I am willing to skip either one if the wait is too long. IMO, 45 min is too long for any ride. (So! Spoiled!!) I love the boat ride at night. Casey Jr is also fun. Everything else is fun, but not crucial to me. My daughter loves Matterhorn, so we will either use FP or single rider, but SR can be hit or miss.

Alice in Wonderland is a must do. It's the perfect blend of projection and classic dark ride.

Next I'd say Dumbo, Storybookland Canal Boats, Casey Jr, and then rest of Fantasyland.

If you hit Fantasyland right at rope drop, you can knock out almost all of Fantasyland very quickly.

Matterhorn (of course!)
Alice
Alice
Mr. Toad
Peter Pan
Storybookland Canal Boats
Casey Jr.
Alice
Snow White
Dumbo
Pinocchio
….. did I mention Alice??
:flower1: :jumping1:

It’s funny, I don’t remember much of Fantasyland from my childhood. I’ve got really solid memories of Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but other than IASW I don’t remember the rides in Fantasyland. So my last few trips we made an effort to spend time there. Here are my favorites.

1. Storybook Canal - especially at night.
2. Peter Pan
3. Small World
4. Mr. Toad - the absurdity of it is awesome.
5. Matterhorn
6. Pinocchio
7. Dumbo

Since you’ve done Matterhorn, PP, IASW, and Teacups I’m leaving those out.

1. Alice
2. Storybook Canal
3. Snow White
4. Mr. Toad
5. Dumbo
6. Casey Jr.
7. Carousel

ETA. We won’t wait more than 10 minutes for the first 2, and 5 for the rest.

1. Peter Pan
2. Toad
3. Alice
4. Snow White
5. Matterhorn
6. Dumbo
7. Storybook
8. Pinocchio
9. Teacups
...and I have never done Casey Jr. or the Carousel.

My faves are

Alice
Peter Pan
Canal Boats
Matterhorn
IASW
Pinocchio
Snow White
Mr Toad

Can you believe that I don't even know what Casey Jr. is? I looked up a YouTube video of it and I have no recollection of ever SEEING it! I think it must be that we really, really don't spend a lot of time in Fantasyland. When we are in Fantasyland, it's basically a bee-line to the Matterhorn, but I still feel like I should have seen it at some point (I have a very specific image of the Storybook Canal Boats in my mind, especially the whale mouth!).

Anyway, thanks for the recs so far! We usually hit DCA first so that we can do Soarin' without a FP, but we will def be in the parks early and I'm optimistic we will cross off some of these off! Especially since they are great "waiting for that FP time to come" passers.

(And lest anyone think I hate Fantasyland entirely, I did quite a bit of Fantasyland in my WDW visit a couple years ago, including the carousel, Philharmagic, the mine train, etc. But the DLR Fantasyland does seem to have quite a few dark rides that WDW doesn't, perhaps one of the bigger differences between the two parks!)

1. Alice
2. Peter Pan
3. Storybook
4. Casey Jr

I really like Alice better than Peter, because it's longer, just as whimsical and it goes outside!

Matterhorn was a top 3 in my youth, but my back and neck can no longer handle it.

Casey Jr surprised me last visit, because I had forgotten the great Fantasyland views you could get from the ride. Just don't ride in the cage!

1.) Casey Jr. Circus Train
2.) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
3.) Snow Whites Scary Adventure
4.) It's a Small World
5.) Storybook Canal (at night)
6.) Alice in Wonderland

Peter Pan is my favorite and second is Toad. Skip any ride with a long line and try at a different time. Usually we can get on everything but PP as a walk on. I also think Storybook is best at night. Also Alice actually moves pretty fast when the line looks long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!