Randy Chapman

yearbook50

Mouseketeer<br><font color=darkorchid>I gave all o
What are the costs of his packages and the number of photos you get?

I'm debating between him or just Disney photography.

OH, Yearbook50--- are you having an intimate or a custom? I cant say for custom brides but his prices on the intimate are VERY VERY reasonable. I paid just under $700 for 3 hours of full coverage, all my photos on a CD, and 400 some odd photos in a beautiful album. TOTALLY worth it. Did I meantion you get receive all rights to own the copywrite? Therefore you dont have to pay $70 dollars for a photo through the photographer, but rather can go to Walmart, or any photo print store and print them off much much cheaper!! Worth it to me:banana: !

Even though Disney photography has already been worked into your package, you can substitute Disney photography and get a honeymoon photo shoot (that way your already-paid-for photography wont be waisted!).

I know you will make the right decision. A link to his photos are in my signature and I'll post a link with a thread from earlier in the week where I posted some of my photos from Randy :goodvibes

OH, Yearbook50--- are you having an intimate or a custom? I cant say for custom brides but his prices on the intimate are VERY VERY reasonable. I paid just under $700 for 3 hours of full coverage, all my photos on a CD, and 400 some odd photos in a beautiful album. TOTALLY worth it. Did I meantion you get receive all rights to own the copywrite? Therefore you dont have to pay $70 dollars for a photo through the photographer, but rather can go to Walmart, or any photo print store and print them off much much cheaper!! Worth it to me:banana: !

Even though Disney photography has already been worked into your package, you can substitute Disney photography and get a honeymoon photo shoot (that way your already-paid-for photography wont be waisted!).

I know you will make the right decision. A link to his photos are in my signature and I'll post a link with a thread from earlier in the week where I posted some of my photos from Randy :goodvibes

I'm doing an Intimate. Exactly 1 year away now :D

I had read about the copywrites in another thread which is what has started to put me towards using him. I just looked on the website and I love the photos.

The pricing is reasonable, so I think I'm going to do it. I left a message at the contact number so hopefully I will hear from him soon.

Now just to figure out which thing to substitute the photography in the package for. You can use it towards the MK Bridal Shoot also right?

I totally agree with Maggie!!

I was a custom and i paid $1900 dollars for 9 hours of coverage. I got 2 albums filled with photos and the rest all loose - in he printed around 900 photos for me (he took 1800!!) and all the rest on a high res CD - as maggie mentioned you also own the copyright to the photos!

He was fabulous to work with and i dont regret my decision at all!!

No you cant use it toward the MK photo shoot--- but rather the honeymoon shoot at MK. It is an even trade if you do your honeymoon shoot at the MK-- if you prefer to have it at another park (MGM, AK, or Epcot) its an additional $50. I have heard of people choosing a resort rather than a park though-- that is an additional option.

Check out those photos in that thread I posted and let us know when you hear back from him or Linda (his wife who runs his studio). If you dont hear anything I can get you his personal e-mail or a cell phone. :dance3:

I'm with Maggie and Laura on this one. We just had our custom wedding in December and used Randy and I wouldn't change that for anything. When all was said and done we have 2 albums filled with over 1000 pictures and a pile of loose black & White photos as well... we are still waiting for our CD, but Randy was with us ALL day... He started at 11:20 a.m and didn't leave until after Illuminations (around 10 p.m.) My parents picked up the tab for him, but the total price was around $2300 and we still have to choose the pics to put in the professional album...

He is a pleasure to work with. He's funny and is not intrusive. He knows what he's doing and doesn't waste pictures or time. I cannot recommend him enough... you will get so much more from Randy than you will from Disney. Go with Randy!! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

No you cant use it toward the MK photo shoot--- but rather the honeymoon shoot at MK. It is an even trade if you do your honeymoon shoot at the MK-- if you prefer to have it at another park (MGM, AK, or Epcot) its an additional $50. I have heard of people choosing a resort rather than a park though-- that is an additional option.

Check out those photos in that thread I posted and let us know when you hear back from him or Linda (his wife who runs his studio). If you dont hear anything I can get you his personal e-mail or a cell phone. :dance3:

Ok, thanks. I'll have to wait until my fiance gets home from work before I decide on what honeymoon shoot we will do (or more than likely wait until my fiance actually goes to Disney World for the first time in June)

Thanks for all the great info. I will tell you all when he calls backs.

You girls are amazing! This thread is so helpful! You girls are a Godsend! I would have paid so much for those Disney packages if I never knew about Randy! I can't wait to get moving on my planning!

Thanks for the password for his site. All the pics are amazing! I recognize some of you girls!

Wow Gina, I never realized so many of us were there on his promotional slide.

There are photos of Diane and Andrew (Happylalagirl) (21-23)
Kim & Kelly (KimnKel) (41-45)
Laura (Laurafoster & DH) (49-52)
Me and my DH (56-69-- which he put some of our worst photos on there-- i dont know why:confused3 )
Becky and Joe -70-71
Tiffany and Simon- 83-85

And the list continues...

I was thinking of going with randy, but I only have four nights in orlando and wanted to spend all of it at the parks and with family... so I guess if I did go with randy, i'd have to take some extra time out to do the disney photography honeymoon photo shoot right? I mean, I know my fiance will say why go with randy when we already have photos that are going to be done and I Know he won't want to spend more time getting MORE photos done. lol (hope that made sense!)

how are the disney photographers? any good?

its only a little bit more money if you consider that photos last a lifetime.

A honeymoon photo session takes place within the park, in regular park attire, and really probobly wont take up but about 30 minutes of your day. You just walk around the park and get photos taken -- your family could walk around and watch-- or maybe grab a bite to eat while you get it done.

I dont know abotu justifying the price unless you simply see it as something worth justifying. I wanted our wedding to be very basic with the exception of contracting out mickey and minnie-- but when I saw randys work I knew that the money would be worth it-- and in the end it certainly was.

You can look at the quality of Disney's work here..

www.collages.net/disneyweddings

user: disney photography samples
password: 1971

GL:thumbsup2

A honeymoon photo session takes place within the park, in regular park attire, and really probobly wont take up but about 30 minutes of your day. You just walk around the park and get photos taken -- your family could walk around and watch-- or maybe grab a bite to eat while you get it done.

I dont know abotu justifying the price unless you simply see it as something worth justifying. I wanted our wedding to be very basic with the exception of contracting out mickey and minnie-- but when I saw randys work I knew that the money would be worth it-- and in the end it certainly was.

You can look at the quality of Disney's work here..

www.collages.net/disneyweddings

user: disney photography samples
password: 1971

GL:thumbsup2

Maggie's right on all accords! My honeymoon shoot was no more than 25 mins. And hiring Randy was the best money I spent! I'm just overwhelmed by the quality (and quantity) of the photos that he provided. And he was just the most helpful person that was with me that day.

My pictures are on the site as Maggie noted -- just click Tiffany and Simon.
The prints & CD are in the mail as I type so hopefully I'll be able to post the pics soon!

It actually seems to me, if you really want a lot of pics, that going with Randy saves money in the long run. I went on his site and for around $600 you're getting WAY more pictures than Disney includes... and if you were to add another package from Disney it's $1500 at least, and still, it seems, less pics.

At least it's what it seems.

I've already booked Randy 'cos it's really important for me to get lots of photo's and this way he takes lots but I can get them printed much cheaper than Disney.

Does anyone know how much extra it is for him to stay an extra hour or 2? I thought the standard 3 hour package would be fine, but now I'm thinking about him coming on the Wishes cruise for a few extra pic's.

Thanks for all the input!

I'm definitely going to go for Randy. I talk to my mother about it and once I mentioned the copy write, she was all over it.

The quality from Randy seems much better than Disney also. :D

I have a question as well; I thought that if you went outside Disney for a photographer that they would let you substitute the MK photo shoot! But from the looks of things and previous posts in this thread I was mistaken?! So you're saying if I go with an outside photographer and want to have the MK photo shoot I still have to cough up the extra $800 and Disney gets to profit on the money that would have gone towards their photographer?!! :scared1: That STINKS!! :scared:

I have a question as well; I thought that if you went outside Disney for a photographer that they would let you substitute the MK photo shoot! But from the looks of things and previous posts in this thread I was mistaken?! So you're saying if I go with an outside photographer and want to have the MK photo shoot I still have to cough up the extra $800 and Disney gets to profit on the money that would have gone towards their photographer?!! :scared1: That STINKS!! :scared:

Kind of. But they do allow you to sub in the MK Honeymoon shoot, which is a $295 value (I think) and you get an album with 20 print with that. In the end, the idea of paying the ridiculous print prices or $1000 for the copyright deflected my annoyance with the fact that Disney would get "paid" anyways.

Randy is totally worth every penny though. He's just amazing! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!