Random specific questions about an upcoming solo trip

FrazierFamily

Mouseketeer
My last few trips with family members have been less than stellar and I really have been wanted to go on my own. Now that it is happening I am making lists of everything I would like to try to do... not really a schedule just a list of the things I had to give up on my previous trips. My family is fun, but not dedicated enough for me :)

I have ended up with a few questions that seem specific enough I can't easily find answers for. I hoped I could lean on the collective knowledge here to help build my lists. I will be arrived early in the afternoon on Thursday August the 8, and leaving late afternoon Sunday the 11th. I will be getting a 4 day hopper.

1. World of Color. I want to see this (never have), but not enough that I am willing to miss fireworks, Fantasmic, or get dining package for it. I plan on making fireworks a priority because they have been cancelled the last 4 times I have been there. So I will try each night until I see them. That being said... If the fireworks go as planned or cancelled on Thursday, is it possible to make it over to DCA after the fireworks for WOC? And if so, whats the chance of getting a FP at about 2 pm when I get there. Also, I am 6ft tall, I wouldn't even need an upfront area or ever a FP area if there is an area I can see over most people and dont mind being in the back if I can see most of it. Would I be able to see from the standby area?

2. Does the Golden Horseshoe show change? Or is the same skit every time?

3. The CHOC walk is on Sunday while I am there.. they also moved Magic Morning to Sunday instead of Saturday which will be the only day I could use it. I will not be able to walk in it, but I am curious if they still have stuff going on through the day for the fundraising. Also, does this seem to affect the park any other way that I might need to adjust plans for?

4. Steakhouse 55. I have been told I need to try the beef tar tar (one of my fav things ever) but I really don't want to eat a full meal there by myself. I would rather just go to the lounge. Any insight into the chances of getting something off the regular menu in the lounge as the tar tar is not on the lounge menu? I tried to call today but can't stay on hold right now so I figured I would ask here.

5. How do I score a reservation for one at Club 33................................................................. Just joking :)

TIA!

T Minus 27 days!

4. Steakhouse 55. I have been told I need to try the beef tar tar (one of my fav things ever) but I really don't want to eat a full meal there by myself. I would rather just go to the lounge. Any insight into the chances of getting something off the regular menu in the lounge as the tar tar is not on the lounge menu? I tried to call today but can't stay on hold right now so I figured I would ask here.
I've ordered from the full menu in the lounge when seated at the bar, and my understanding is that you can order from the full menu in the lounge only if you are seated at the bartop, but cannot order from the full menu if seated elsewhere in the lounge. Last time I did this was probably February 2019.

Yes, pp is correct: you can order from the full S55 menu when seated at the S55 bar in the lounge, but only from the lounge menu when seated at the tables in the lounge. (BTW, the lounge menu is tasty, too, but not as extensive as the full S55 menu.)

CHOC Walk will affect the parks, the esplanade, and DTD until around noon or so. The Walk will finish before park opening, but there usually is some kind of marketplace for Walk participants in DTD (NB there wasn't one last year). The esplanade will be crowded because Walk participants get a discount on a park ticket and only have that one day to purchase at the booths. Usually by noon, the lines have died down. If you have to do anything at the booths, try to do it the night before.

1. World of Color. I want to see this (never have), but not enough that I am willing to miss fireworks, Fantasmic, or get dining package for it. I plan on making fireworks a priority because they have been cancelled the last 4 times I have been there. So I will try each night until I see them. That being said... If the fireworks go as planned or cancelled on Thursday, is it possible to make it over to DCA after the fireworks for WOC? And if so, whats the chance of getting a FP at about 2 pm when I get there. Also, I am 6ft tall, I wouldn't even need an upfront area or ever a FP area if there is an area I can see over most people and dont mind being in the back if I can see most of it. Would I be able to see from the standby area?..

If you've never seen WOC before, please read the first post here carefully: World of Color Superthread.
Now, to go over a few thoughts off the top of my head:
Very good idea to prioritize fireworks early in your trip! But I don't think you'll have time to get over to WOC after the show. The current fireworks show is Disneyland Forever! which involves lots of digital projections. It was made to be seen from different viewing areas: the castle, Main Street, ROA, IASW. Even if you view from Main Street (by the Arcade is good), I don't know if you could make it back to Paradise Bay in time to get a decent spot in the viewing area for WOC. Being tall helps a lot, but still, it's hard to know what the situation will be in the viewing area on any given night. Given the run time for DF!, I'm not even sure you could make it through the crowds to be in the WOC viewing area for the start of that show. (And viewing this fireworks show from Town Square or the train station isn't the best view the show was designed for.) Is it possible to do a dining package? That would give you the most freedom time-wise. With the Dessert Party, you could show up right before show time and still have a good view since there are only two rows of tables. We had a solo guest join our table in the front row just before showtime -- no wait, great view! With CCR or WCT, the reserved areas are smaller than the free FP areas, so slipping in toward the back still would give you a better chance at a decent-to-good view. And with a dining package, you wouldn't have to worry about free FPs running out before you get to DCA.

Last edited:

2. The Golden Horseshoe show does change. But I have no idea the order or rotation. I don't know if its by day or show. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter