Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen tidbits

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I recently returned from a fabulous trip to DLR Dec 3-6. I thought I'd let my DIS friends know about a couple of things at JK.

First, if you're a huge fan (like me!) of the double chocolate bread pudding, which was actually more of a souffle with pitchers of dark and white chocolate to pour into the center, I'm sorry to inform you that they no longer make it that way. It is now a very boring chocolate bread pudding with no pitchers. The waitress cringed when she brought it to our table. She also offered to take it back and remove the charge, which is what we did. I don't know why they didn't inform us of this change at the time we pre-ordered before dinner.

Second, we had a reservation on Dec 4 for 7 pm I think. We arrived early to request a courtyard table (2 of us) and were informed that they were short-staffed and didn't have enough tables because they'd just that morning booked 2 private parties for the whole evening! They were using the entire balcony, the indoor bar area where the band plays, and 2 large rooms upstairs. By the time it was close to our reservation time, that area of DTD was very crowded with parties waiting for their JK reservations. It was chaotic and I felt so sorry for the staff. They were calling in off-duty servers like mad and trying to accommodate everyone but it was not a good setup. I can't imagine why the management would do last-minute private bookings when they had a full slate of existing reservations--I'm guessing money? Anyway, the servers were exceptional and tried very hard to keep everyone happy. We waited an hour for our table, which was on an upstairs landing area that is not usually a dining spot. I have to say it was a pretty cool table, pretty private, and we could look down into the courtyard. So I felt they did well by us and our server, who had been called to work just a half-hour earlier, was wonderful. However, I also think this was a rotten thing for management to do to the regular guests.

I'm sorry to inform you that they no longer make it that way. It is now a very boring chocolate bread pudding with no pitchers.

Ugh, thank you for the heads-up! I booked dinner for our Valentines Day trip just for this dessert. Looks like I’ll cancel unless they decide to change it back in the next couple of months.

We go there every time but have never experienced anything like that. Sounds like their management is not thinking long term. You should inform the people who run that company about your bad experience.

Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
550 Bienville Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Office: 504.539.5520
Fax: 504.539.5538

Or you can file a complaint via their form here:
https://www.neworleans-food.com/contact/

Last edited:
We go there every time but have never experienced anything like that. Sounds like their management is not thinking long term. You should inform the people who run that company about your bad experience.

Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
550 Bienville Street
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Office: 504.539.5520
Fax: 504.539.5538

Or you can file a complaint via their form here:
https://www.neworleans-food.com/contact/
Thanks! I will do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter