Rainforest Cafe or T Rex?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by KMW924, Jul 20, 2018.

1. KMW924

KMW924 Earning My Ears

I have been to RC but have never been to T Rex - My grandsons always love RC but we have never been to T Rex. Is it basically the same thing just with dinosaurs?

2. WaltDavisWorld

WaltDavisWorld If you can dream it, you can do it.

We have been to both Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex and enjoyed T-Rex more! Yes, it is the same concept but with dinosaurs. My son and daughters all had fun and there’s lots of food options.

ConnecticutNonna and KMW924 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nighttowll

nighttowll DIS Veteran

Yes, they are basically the same. However, there is something about T-Rex that we like more, and we are not really dinosaur fans or anything. I think maybe it is just more visually interesting.

The restaurant is divided loosely into 4 different themed areas. The ocean near the bar, the volcano near the kitchen, the ice age in the middle, and the land or jungle in the back. The land area looks almost identical to RC only with dino animatronics instead of animals. It is my least favorite area. I think if the whole restaurant was jungle themed, I wouldn’t care about going. The ice cave is my favorite. There is something magical about it. The walls change colors. The ocean themed area is beautiful with a large aquarium. Even the volcano area is fun all with real flames and views into the kitchen.

Like at RC, the sky overhead changes from day to night, and in place of a rainstorm, you get a meteor shower.

The restaurant also has a Build-a-Dino (Build-A-Bear) area set up in the gift shop as well as a sandbox dig site for kids to play in while they wait to be seated.

We prefer Trex over RC, but if you have young children who may scare easily or really don’t like dinosaurs, you might want to stick to RC.

KMW924 likes this.
  5. KMW924

KMW924 Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for all the information! I think we will have to give it a try!

6. danielocha30

danielocha30 DIS Veteran

I also like T-Rex menu over RC do try the chocolate extinction.

7. KMW924

KMW924 Earning My Ears

I definitely will - I love anything chocolate!

8. pattyw

pattyw DIS Veteran

I'd go with T-Rex too! Ooh haven't tried the chocolate extinction- sounds like a must-do!

9. soccermom54

soccermom54 Mouseketeer

The chicken sandwich at T-Rex is amazing and my husband said the chicken Caesar salad was the best he's ever had.

10. jvz82

jvz82 DIS Veteran

We thought the food at T-rex was absolutely amazing. It is a pretty loud restaurant, which I assume would bother some people. But I liked it because my 4 kids are loud and I didn't have to worry about them being loud there lol. Like others said, you can dig for dinos which is pretty cool too!

11. AndreaDanger

AndreaDanger Earning My Ears

Another vote for T-Rex! If your family enjoys RC, I bet everyone will love T-Rex as well. Definitely worth checking out at least once since you've already been to RC.

12. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

If you sign up for their club card you can get priority seating.

Both restaurants are basically the same as others have said.

13. Babs1975

Babs1975 Loves Eeyore

We thought the food at TRex was terrible. Very limited menu too, especially for kids. We are skipping it this trip even though it is fun. We enjoy Rainforest a lot more.

14. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

I think the food at both restaurants is terrible, but the kids love the theme-ing.