rainforest cafe DTD for "reception"

rosiejo

<marquee><font color=orange>Wonky Chick</marquee><
Ok - so Chef Mickeys and WCC have been dismissed by my DH2B - he's just too fussy - I just took him through all the menus at allears and he wants to go to Rainforest cafe!

I don't mind - there's a lot of choice there and it'll suit all 8 in our party - I'm just worried about turning up in my princess dress!!!

Anyone know if this will be an issue?

Also can I make reservations? We'll need a party of 8 at about 5pm.

Thanks in advance guys

RJ

We went with a party of 8 this past Sept 17 (sat nite). First of all, we were told they only take reservation 24 hrs in advance, and there is a separate number you have to call. When I called for the reservations, I was told they do reservations for parties of 8 or more only for 4pm and 8pm, but that we probably wouldn't have to wait long if we just "showed up" anytime before 6pm (in case 4pm was too early and 8pm was too late). And of course I'm sure that depends on the time of year you're there and if anything else is going on at DTD that night. I don't have their number with me, but I'm sure Disney can give it to you.
I'm sure no one would have a problem with you showing up in a princess dress. You'll get alot of stares, but that's what you want when you're a bride - all the attention!
The food is great and prices fare, but is a little noisy in there with all the thunderstorms and animal noises.
Good luck and congratulations!

I am pretty sure they take reservations, maybe ask about the dress when you call?? have fun!! :wizard:

Thanks guys - I'm sure I can find the number somewhere

I know you must call the restaurant directly (for the one in DD anyway), the number is (407)-927-8500.

Another option is to join the Safari Club - you have to go to a Rainforest Cafe to do it and it costs $15 to join. Perks are that you get seated immediately, you'll get either a free appetizer or 10% off the bill (but I think it's only good for up to 4 people), and for your birthday and the anniversary that you joined you'll get a $5 coupon. It's good at all Landry's restaurants - we use it the most at a Joe's Crab Shack near us.

I'd definitely call the restaurant and let them know you'll be there for your wedding reception. Maybe they'll even set up something special for you ;) I know they do themed birthday parties because we saw one the last time we were at a RFC - it was very cute. If you look on their website, they'll probably have more info. http://www.rainforestcafe.com/

Congrats!! :goodvibes

diswedwish said:
I know you must call the restaurant directly (for the one in DD anyway), the number is (407)-927-8500.

Another option is to join the Safari Club - you have to go to a Rainforest Cafe to do it and it costs $15 to join. Perks are that you get seated immediately, you'll get either a free appetizer or 10% off the bill (but I think it's only good for up to 4 people), and for your birthday and the anniversary that you joined you'll get a $5 coupon. It's good at all Landry's restaurants - we use it the most at a Joe's Crab Shack near us.

I'd definitely call the restaurant and let them know you'll be there for your wedding reception. Maybe they'll even set up something special for you ;) I know they do themed birthday parties because we saw one the last time we were at a RFC - it was very cute. If you look on their website, they'll probably have more info. http://www.rainforestcafe.com/

Congrats!! :goodvibes

Thanks Jamie - I'll give them a call :cheer2:

hi rosiejo,

were actually having our welcome dinner at dtd's rainforest cafe in a private room for our group of 64 in march & yes you can make reservations by calling them or going on their website. i worked with group sales & have a custom menu. it will be about $2200 for 64. not sure about your dress, i would call & ask.

best of luck with your plans.

This is wear DH2B & I have chosen for our reception.

Both of us have never been to wdw before but have fell in love with the pictures we have seen & the menus look great! All in all its perfect for our tropical safari themed wedding, & we really wanted somewhere that our 3 kids would enjoy aged 3, 10, 13.

Im not sure you can wear ur princess dress here, im trying to find that out myself at the moment. DH2B made all the inquiries and typical man he forgot to ask about my dress, men huh!! :rotfl:

Does anyone know what there private room looks like? :) :) :) :)

Nicci said:
Im not sure you can wear ur princess dress here, im trying to find that out myself at the moment. DH2B made all the inquiries and typical man he forgot to ask about my dress, men huh!! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Glad it's not just mine then - if you find out about the dress can you post here and I'll do the same if I find out first

:cheer2:

Sure no problem :) but im afraid I havent been very successful so far. The last person i spoke to wasnt sure & told me to ring back later.

It wouldnt be so such a bad thing for me if I couldnt wear it, as were going on a safari after the meal & I would have to change anyway, but i just wanted to look that extra bit special a bit longer.

How cool ive just found out we have a rainforest cafe in the uk. We may just head down there just to check out the food & atmosphere, a trial run for the big day :rotfl:

Congrats to all the Brides and Grooms!!! Why would anyone have a problem with your wearing your wedding dress into a restaurant? People come and go out of these restaurants dressed in anywhere from shorts to suits and ties......why ask, make your ressies and go with what you have on! You are paying the bill, aren't you?(if you were intending on coming in undressed - birthday suit - then I would advise you to ask !!!)

Good Luck all!

Wendy1953 said:
Congrats to all the Brides and Grooms!!! Why would anyone have a problem with your wearing your wedding dress into a restaurant? People come and go out of these restaurants dressed in anywhere from shorts to suits and ties......why ask, make your ressies and go with what you have on! You are paying the bill, aren't you?(if you were intending on coming in undressed - birthday suit - then I would advise you to ask !!!)

Good Luck all!
:rotfl: Think a birthday suit may shock a few!

Nicci - save you RFC trip until Disney - you know it just won't be the same in the UK and then you'll doubt your choice! Hard Rock in London is just not the same as the one at USF after all :goodvibes

Nicci said:
How cool ive just found out we have a rainforest cafe in the uk. We may just head down there just to check out the food & atmosphere, a trial run for the big day :rotfl:

When is your wedding Nicci?

Rosiejo - your so right! Im trying very hard to resist temptation to visit the uk before hand, but we have now decided to have our reception back home at RFC UK to try & recreate some of our special day for the guests who couldnt make our wedding.

Sorry if I havent said before our wedding is Nov 30th at sunset point :) :) :

Nicci said:
Rosiejo - your so right! Im trying very hard to resist temptation to visit the uk before hand, but we have now decided to have our reception back home at RFC UK to try & recreate some of our special day for the guests who couldnt make our wedding.

Sorry if I havent said before our wedding is Nov 30th at sunset point :) :) :

That's such a cool idea! I wish we had a RFC near us but we're in Bristol and the only one I know of is in London!

Wow - ours is Nov 15th at Sunset Pointe too :goodvibes We get back to the UK on the 25th... will I be able to post a report before you fly out?

RJ

diswedwish said:

:rotfl:
Just in case anyone else wants to call up it's 827 8500 - the guy I got on 927 was highly amused that I wanted to make a reservation - Doh! Wrong number :rotfl:

Made my reservation though :cheer2:

Hooray... one more task to tick off my list

Thanks for your help everyone :goodvibes

hello, i just wanted to post the 4 pictures i took of the private party terrace at the rainforest cafe at downtown disney. this is where were having our welcome dinner for us & 60 guests.
showphoto.php

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!