Rain

mommaw2VA

Earning My Ears
We have our 1st trip planned for next week, arriving Friday 4/7. The weather forecast if for scattered thundershowers for Sat, Sun, & Mon. I had planned Epcot for Sat, MGM for SUN, and Blizzard Beach for Mon. What should we do if it does really rain??? :confused3

Buy some cheap ponchos at the Dollar store before you go and plan on having a good time. Scattered showers in Florida might be a 15 minute rain and then clear up. If not there are still things to do at the Parks in the rain. We went this past June for 7 days and it really rained the majority of the time. We had our supply of ponchos and never let it stop us. Sure I would of rather had better weather but sometimes the rain can be to your advantage when it comes to crowds.

I'll be there too and I don't want it to rain... Will it really rain/thunderstorm??? :confused3 Here's to good weather vibes for all of us... We'll actually be at the beach for 5 days prior to WDW and it only rained 1 day at Vero Beach in March and it's calling for 3 days of rain in our 5 day trip and 1 day of complete clouds... Please let the forecast change !!!!

The forecast can change from day to day, don't count on anything they are saying now. Be sure to take your rain poncho's or purchase them at the resort or park, if it rains, go anyway. I wouldn't let the rain stop me from doing anything other than maybe the water parks. Plan the water park on a day when it is a low percentage chance of showers.

Go and have a great time!!!! :)

Ooops, had to edit to say, "it never really rains at WDW" :)

Bring extra shoes and socks to the park, stash them in a locker and have a blast.

My DD and I were at Disneyland the other year, when it started pouring down rain. We had such a blast jumping in puddles and riding rollercoasters in the rain while everyone else ran from the parks.

mommaw2VA said:
We have our 1st trip planned for next week, arriving Friday 4/7. The weather forecast if for scattered thundershowers for Sat, Sun, & Mon. I had planned Epcot for Sat, MGM for SUN, and Blizzard Beach for Mon. What should we do if it does really rain??? :confused3

We are arriving the 9th! I checked weather.com and got the same forecast as you. Then i checked accuweather.com and it said scattered thunderstorm on Monday! Every other day was clear! My DS assures me that in Florida it rains for 15 minutes, and then we will be back in business. The Birnbaums book also said it only rains 1 1/2 inches in the month of April . So throw out some good vibes :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

The local TV forecasts are hot (89 this Saturday!) and dry, dry, dry - March was the driest on record, and April is usually even drier :guilty: which means we have been having "Red Flag Fire Warning Weather" statements and lots of fires down here every day lately.

Unlike all the tourists, I sure do hope it rains soon - but I don't wish it on you while you're at the parks, maybe it could only rain at night while everyone is in bed asleep in their rooms! :rotfl:

Seahunt said:
Unlike all the tourists, I sure do hope it rains soon - but I don't wish it on you while you're at the parks, maybe it could only rain at night while everyone is in bed asleep in their rooms! :rotfl:

Is rain that wet stuff that USED to fall from the sky? I remember that... it used to water my lawn, and keep my pool full.

What I wouldn't give for just one good rain shower to wash the pollen out of the air! At night is fine - I like it when it rains at night!

I have out of town guests coming in on the 8th, for my great nephew's first visit to FL and WDW, so yes, I too want good park and pool weather for him as well.

Weather.com shows "isolated" and "scattered" showers for a couple days in the 10 day forecast- by no means does that mean rain all day. In fact last time that they "promised" us rain in the forecast, it wouldn't have filled thimble!

mommaw2VA said:

The weather forecast for the first week in March when we went was rain 4 days and thunderstorms at least one. By the time we left for the trip, it was only a couple of days of rain. When we got there, all the rain forecasts had gone. We had 9 beautiful days with no rain at all. Don't depend on the current forecasts because it changes.

We have been when it rained. One year, it rained the entire day we were at Magic Kingdom (so much for the 15 minute showers we hear so much about). We put on our rain ponchos and had a ball. The park was practically empty because others didn't want to venture out in the rain. Bring your ponchos and have fun!

Our worst was last June It rained,and rained, and it rained.

kesha said:
Buy some cheap ponchos at the Dollar store before you go and plan on having a good time. Scattered showers in Florida might be a 15 minute rain and then clear up.
Panna said:
Bring extra shoes and socks to the park, stash them in a locker and have a blast.

We always say. It rains often, but when it does, it will rain really hard… but not for long.

You can get the cheap disposable ponchos at Target/Walmart/Osco/The Dollar Store. They sell a heavier version at Disney – for about $6.00!! And they are a pain to carry around because they don’t fold up small. With the cheap ones once they dry you can fold them and they’re ready to go the next day. You’ll also use them on some of the rides.

And if it rains on your Blizzard Beach day just go to Disney Quest instead!! It's a blast!! There is tons to do and there's even a restaurant for lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter