Rain, Rain, Rain-Does the forecast for Sept. always say this!?

DisneyToddlers

Mouseketeer
OK, so I knew when I booked our trip (we leave in 1 day!!!!!!) that there could be some afternoon showers daily. I was under the impression that they usually only last 20min -1hr or so. Well, I just looked at Orlando's forecast for the next 10 days and every day shows rain clouds and lightening. No "sunny" days like I've seen recently. Does the forecast always look like that or are we going to be washed out on our very first trip to the World? I have a 3year old and a 1 1/2 year old and the rain won't go over so well with them! Esp. thunder/lightening!

I have been to WDW twice in Sept and have never had bad weather, but I don't really pay attention to the weather because I don't want to be stressed by it.

It usually always looks like that. There will be rain at one side of the park- but not the others, could last 5 minutes here and there. Don't be too worried.

It probably looks like that right now because of the Hurricane Ike. You will probably see some sunshine but likely will have rain as well.

We were there over Labor Day week-end and the weather forecast said thunderstorms every day! I was pretty bummed but went to get more ponchos just in case.
Well it only rained one afternoon during out entire trip! And the park stayed open and there was plenty to do! So I decided not to look at the weather reports for our next trip!

We've had several trips that were forecasting rain, even the mornings of our park days that we never had rain at all. Have a poncho or something ready and enjoy:)

We've taken 2 trips in Sept and each has been very different. The 1st we got rain every day. Some were just spotty showers for a few minutes, others were 15 to 30 minutes long.

The 2nd trip it was sunny and hot the whole time. Not a drop of rain to be seen.

So I'm proof that it varies.

It does not matter what time of year in Fla it always has showers. But the hurricanes have quieted for now and you probably won't see much rain during your stay. I was there from Aug 30- Sept 6 b/w Gustav and Hanna and in the eight days we only had rain on the fist day and only for a couple of hours and on the day before we left for about an hour. Keep ponchos handy at all times and if you have a stroller or rent one hav a poncho to cover it while you may be riding indoor attractions. You kids will thank you.:banana:

We were there from Sept 6th through the 11th and we were worried about the weather as the forecast said rain. We only had one day with rain (although it was raining when we left on Thursday). So don't worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter