Rain Plan at MK

TinkSassy

DIS Veteran
Looks like morning rain on Sunday is almost a given as the forecast is pretty stable.

We were planning on a slow start to watch the Dappers, Trolley Show, etc. but will start revising and move most of that to Monday. If it is raining, will the Dappers perform and if so where?

The Dapper Dans perform multiple times a day in different places. They do still perform when it rains. It might be in a store on Main Street or under an awning to cover them. Disney is still enjoyable in the rain so don’t let it get you down! Have fun!

Our trip last July/August had a lot of rain. We just got the ponchos and carried on. I don’t remember seeing outdoor entertainment though. Crowds were less, so worth the wet!

The best day I've ever had at MK was a torrential downpour while entering about 10:30. It rained on and off all day. It was evening EMH. Everyone left and never returned. My son and I rode every ride there and many multiple times. Close to midnight we were on Splash and they let us stay on over and over. It was crazy! I have a picture somewhere of my car in a completely deserted lot! If it's not too cold it can absolutely be in your favor!

The best day I've ever had at MK was a torrential downpour while entering about 10:30. It rained on and off all day. It was evening EMH. Everyone left and never returned. My son and I rode every ride there and many multiple times. Close to midnight we were on Splash and they let us stay on over and over. It was crazy! I have a picture somewhere of my car in a completely deserted lot! If it's not too cold it can absolutely be in your favor!
That was one of our best days, too! Everybody was flooding out of the park when we were heading in and it was one of the most magical days we've ever had. We been got pixie dust in the form of a free churro!

If you think of rain as just another "special effect", it's great. I'd rather sunny days, but the rain doesn't halt my plans in the least.

Wow our experience was the opposite! Rain didn’t chase away crowds at all at at MK even though it rained for three hours straight. HM was a 60 minute wait, Laugh Floor was 30, People mover was 30... lots of other things were closed down. We had our ponchos and change of shoes and were ready to ride it out but fighting crowds in the rain isn’t fun and we finally left out of frustration.

OP hope it makes for a quiet day at the parks for you though!

Rain is a HUGE bonus at MK. DW and I had a wonderful day in the park when it rained for about 30-40 minutes on a late August afternoon.
Many people left the park after it rained for 20 minutes or so. We rode lots of rides as walk ons that afternoon and the evening crowd remained
sparse. Take ponchos and do some research on appropriate footwear. Some shoes are waterproof but might cause blisters when they get wet.
Try to see it as an opportunity rather than an inconvenience. Have a blast!

mmmmm I am in Chicago and snow is suppose to start later today and then snow all day Saturday with about 6-8 inches of snow and then Sunday its suppose to be abbout 18 degrees. Oh I am not done yet. Next week snow Mon-Wed with a total of 12in of snow on the ground!!! So right now some rain and 70-80 degrees sounds wonderful to me I would walk in the rain all day and enjoy every minute at WDW

Love the parks when it rains. Always empties them out! Just be prepared!

We didn't do full length ponchos, we did rain jackets and quick-dry shorts and skorts, but I can see why people do full length ponchos. Our kids wore Crocs and we wore Keens. Crocs are easy to dry and don't splash up water like flip flops do.

I also see people recommend hats with brims or baseball caps under the poncho hoods to keep the poncho hood up off your face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter