Raglan Road- what time for PS?

travellovingirl

Mouseketeer
We are planning on visiting Raglan Road on an evening where we are not visiting the parks. 2 adults, 2 teens. We'd like to see the band and the dancers.

What time should we make our reservation? I currently have a 6:45, thinking we would be seated at 7:15 and entertainment at 7:45. Does that sound about right? We could definitely move it later, as kids obviously have no problems staying up!!:rolleyes2

If it matters, I am looking at Tuesday, April 10th.

It depends on how long you plan on staying. If you're wanting to make a night of it, I'd say your ADR is just right. If just want dinner and little entertainment while you eat, make it maybe 30min later. It's a lot of fun there...we try to make at least 1-2 nights there when we stay at WDW.

We had an reservation at 6:45 last April and the dancers were already going on when we arrived, so they must start earlier than you posted. We arrived early and did have to wait outside with our beeper until close to our reservation time, but we were seated a bit early and they were wrapping up a set when we were seated.

I am going to Raglan Road on our next trip. Seeing this question makes me wonder if we will get to see the band and dancers because we have an early dinner at 4:45. It's a Saturday evening. Will we miss them totally? If so, I may have to change it. Thanks!

we've been there twice--once we had a 6:30 ADR and the other time we had a 7:00 ADR but showed up a few minutes early. At the 6:30 ADR we got seated in the main room at a table right next to the stage...awesome view for the dancing, but a tad loud when the band was playing (but still very good -- not deafening, but hard to hear the waitress -- lots of menu-pointing to get our order in.:thumbsup2)

For our 7:00 ADR, we requested main room, but the closest we could get with a short wait was a table with stool-height chairs back closer to the bar--they estimated 30-45 min. wait for a closer table, and no guarantees, could be longer. Could still see the stage from the bar table, but it was slightly obstructed view and not all that close. Could hear the band fine, except there's more chatting going on back in the bar area which didn't stop when the show started.

Much preferred the table near the stage.

Both nights the show started at 7:00 PM (was May one time, September the other.)

Showtimes from their website...

Dance Show Times: Monday thru Thursday - 6.30, 7.45, 9.00, 10.30pm
Friday & Saturday - 7.30, 8.45, 10.00, 11.30pm
(Individual solo performances throughout the evening)

"Creel" Show Times: Monday thru Thursday - 7.00pm till late
Friday & Saturday - 8.00pm till late

Johnny Norton & Justin Murphy: Sunday 7.00pm till late

So what time would you guys suggest trying to get if you wanted a good seat for a show at 7:30?

We had a 6:45 ADR on a night with a 7:30 ADR and it worked out perfectly this last time. The trick when you check in is to ask for a seat in the main dining room with a view of the stage and tell them you're willing to wait for it...otherwise you'll get the next available table which may be in the back room or tucked in a booth in the bar corner with no view of the stage. We did not wait very long to be seated (checked in maybe 10 minutes before our reservation.) We were seated at a table directly in front of the stage...thought it might be too loud, but it was actually a great seat...band was a bit too loud for conversation while they were on stage, but not make-you-deaf-loud. And they take breaks, so you can enjoy show & have conversation with table-mates.

The first time we were in there, we asked for main room but did not specify we wanted a good stage view...we were seated at a booth in the back corner by the bar (to the right of where you come in) so technically, we were in the main room but only one person in our group could see the stage with an obstructed view...the rest of us could not see the stage at all. If you have to sit back in the bar area, at least ask for an elevated pub table so you're high enough to see over the tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter