Rafiki's Planet Watch is Now OPEN - See Post #296

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Summer typically starts Memorial Day weekend so that's why I guessed that. It could be later than that though.
I didn't know this, that makes me even more excited!!! I guess I always thought the first official calendar day of summer would be Disney summer also.

This really makes me so happy! Rafikis is one of the Disney learning experiences that we all love, even though my "kids" are 20 & 18. It's also a great place to take a break. Now if only Aunt Pollys will still be open......

It doesn’t give many details huh?

That’s a huge part of the work that’s closed and it awesome to really get to feel and touch animals

Very happy to hear this. Between no Rafiki, no Kali and no bats last week my favorite park left me a little blah.

We will be in AK on June 4th, I am really hoping that it will be opened by then. I was so sad that it closed in the first place.

My 16 yo is so excited! Out of the 5 of us she is the most excited. She made us go back to AK another day last summer just to pet the goats and her heart was broken when it closed. I just told her yesterday and she is already making her plans lol!

We've been to Disney World 11 times now, and the only time we have visited Rafiki's Planet Watch was on our first trip in 2008. If it is open when we are there in August we will visit for sure.

We've been to Disney World 11 times now, and the only time we have visited Rafiki's Planet Watch was on our first trip in 2008. If it is open when we are there in August we will visit for sure.

If I have animal kingdom dedicated as a whole day there’s always room for Rafiki! Love actually petting the animals

This is such great news. We were there a couple of years ago and had a great time, my dd even had the chance to pet a snake. It is a nice break from the crowds. We were all a little sad when it was closed last year. Some nice character meets there also.

Late August . . . well, I don't really NEED to visit it this summer lol.

Of course we have to add animated character to this since they doing it to pretty much everything else. Anywhere they can shove in some IP. Instead of learning about the rain forest, we can learn how animators created Simba's movements. How very "Animal Kingdomesque" Rivers of Light is also adding animated Disney characters.

Of course we have to add animated character to this since they doing it to pretty much everything else. Anywhere they can shove in some IP. Instead of learning about the rain forest, we can learn how animators created Simba's movements. How very "Animal Kingdomesque" Rivers of Light is also adding animated Disney characters.
Honestly, they did have to reimagine it. Summer 2017, AK was packed. Long lines everywhere. Birds of wonder was standing room only.

Yet Rafiki's was eerily deserted. Middle of the day.

Previous visits a few years earlier saw 15 minute waits for each character there, and lots more people. This is in spite of AK having a lot more total people in 2017. So, changing things up there is good idea. Hopefully it'll be done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter