Radisson near cruise terminal -- Questions!

seafarer71

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for information about the Radisson in/near Port Canaveral. Is it a clean and decent place to stay? Are the doors to the rooms outside, or inside (motel style vs. hotel style)? Are all of the rooms newly renovated, or just some of them?

I am looking for a nice, inexpensive place to stay the night before our cruise, and I know the Radisson seems to be a popular choice. Being on a beach is not important to me, nor is parking during the cruise.

Does anybody have any recommendations other than the Radisson?

Sorry if this question has recently been asked, but I am relatively new to this community and do not know how to search for prior posts.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Our last stay at the Radisson was a few years ago. We quit staying there when our room was missing chairs (one chair at the dining table), the bedding was worn and dirty and the handles were falling off of the furniture.

The hotel is a 'motel' style where you enter your room from outside. I have heard that some of the rooms have been renovated but I've moved on to greener pastures.

We like the Country Inn and Suites. It is a 'hotel' style establishment only a few years old. Nice free breakfast. The folks here are very nice also. I just checked and our next stay is getting pricey. Watch for specials.

We were there in September, and they were in the process of renovating rooms. We had a very nice, clean room, and were very happy.

Here are some pictures:

IMGP1273.jpg
IMGP1274.jpg

When we stayed there a few years ago before our cruise our room was okay but next door our friends went to get into bed and there were dirty sheets with dried up food on the bed. They had to call the front desk to have the beds changed.

Our only beef with the Radisson is that if you need help with your luggage, make sure you call Bell Services VERY early. They don't seem to have enough for cruise day. My folks waited well over an hour for bell services, and they never showed. We had a lot of luggage, and wound up lugging it all down ourselves, which was a pain. Limited elevators, 2/3 cruise ships leaving that day ...

My Husband and I have stayed at the Radisson at least 5 times before we cruised. We Love it!!! The staff is alway's friendly. Our last stay was in October 2007. There was a Dog Groomers Convention taking place. I was awakend around 2:00 a.m. by barking dogs near my window. I called the front desk and they sent a security officer to take care of te problem. An hour later I was Awoken again. I called the front office again and they sent a security officer to investigate. The next morning when we were checking out I was given a sincere apology and was told that there was no charge for my room. It was so refreshing that the Staff took care of my bill without me having to ask. We are cruising again this March and already have our reservations at the radisson.

Teri

We just stayed at the Radisson on 1/10/09 before our cruise and loved it. Our room was renovated, looked just like the pics posted above. Pool area was great, heated and clean area. Loved how close the hotel was to the rental car return, port, and Grills where we ate dinner that night too! It was just 2 of us so it was more than enough, I wouldn't spend the extra money to stay at any of the newer or "suite" style hotels unless I had a larger family.

Make sure to re check the price. My up coming stay in March has gone done from $149 when I first booked to $90 AAA rate.

Make sure to re check the price. My up coming stay in March has gone done from $149 when I first booked to $90 AAA rate.

I was able to obtain a room for $135 give or take. The pics look great I have a friend from the area that says it is comparable to a Holiday Inn. We are excited. It's a nice place to stay, no FREE breakfast but who cares, I am sure we'll find something to eat plus we'll make up for it on the cruise!

Thought I might practice the snorkeling in the pool and on the beach before the trip as I may just book all my excursions shipboard. I hope I can do that.

What happens if you decide to cancel???

See ya'll in 68 days.

They no longer have the cruise special with the free breakfast? It is the same price as a few years ago and we did get the buffet.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

After reading your post I went and checked...made a call and saved $50.00!!!!!!!

Whenever you make a reservation, do you have to ask for the "cruise special" to keep your car parked there? I noticed that the cruise special package is more expensive than just a regular stay.

Whenever you make a reservation, do you have to ask for the "cruise special" to keep your car parked there? I noticed that the cruise special package is more expensive than just a regular stay.

I just made a reservation there for our May cruise. When you complete the reservation (on their website) it states at the bottom of the form that extended parking (cruise parking) is included with all rates. From what I can figure out the "cruise package" includes the "complimentary" port shuttle and the other non-package rates do not. Since I could not book a "cruise parking" package (I have 5 in my party that option does not come up with the 2-king room) I am assuming I will have to pay for the round trip shuttle but I need to confirm that with the hotel.

I'm looking for information about the Radisson in/near Port Canaveral. Is it a clean and decent place to stay? Are the doors to the rooms outside, or inside (motel style vs. hotel style)? Are all of the rooms newly renovated, or just some of them?

I am looking for a nice, inexpensive place to stay the night before our cruise, and I know the Radisson seems to be a popular choice. Being on a beach is not important to me, nor is parking during the cruise.

Does anybody have any recommendations other than the Radisson?

Sorry if this question has recently been asked, but I am relatively new to this community and do not know how to search for prior posts.

Thanks in advance for your input!

We stayed 2 nights at the Radisson last week and loved it. It looks like it's been through a renovation recently. $90 per night via the Radisson website. The grounds are beautifully maintained. Rooms were clean and well cared for. Free internet too. Our room had a sleep number bed which was very popular with our 7 year old son.

456978600_ozp9p-L.jpg

They've got a great pool and hot tub.

All rates include parking at the hotel for your cruise. They explained that it is part of their "green" initiative. You do not have to get the cruise rate to park there. You do not have to pay for the shuttle on any rate, the shuttle is also free for all rates. The cruise rate includes breakfast where the other rates do not.

Thank you for clarifying about the cruise rate still including the breakfast.

I am bummed. I made my reservations with the pre-paid option, and now it's down to only $90 per night. I should've waited.

We made our reservation 3 months ago for the Radisson. The same room is now $25.00 cheaper. We called the Radisson yesterday, and they adjusted the price for us.:)

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter