Radisson and Avis

newbycruiser

May you live as long as you want and want to as lo
Radisson at the port was fine, no problems and the room was fine.

Avis on the other hand, was a different story.

Rates were alright, we picked them becuase of Dave's rating on his web site (saw that it had changed, though)

It is NOT located at the Radisson. Venis gave us the wrong car, DH had already loaded the luggage into that car. They said we need the car, here's your new one, we need it now, and move the luggage yourself. Well, DH was in the restroom, I had to move it, I was not pleased, and the new place has STONES where you need to wheel the luggage...

THEN, when we got to the drop off at the airport, our bill was $114!!! They corrected it for us.

Maybe Venis was having a bad day that day...that was our expereince, though.

The rest of the crusie was excellent!

gail

Other than the wrong car, was it ok? Were the busses running ok? Did you have to wait a long time to get a car? Were the computers up and running?

There has been conversation that Avis was a mess during the first 2 weeks of the move to the new location, but I thought all that was fixed. I don't want to rebook my reservations with Budget (I have a great rate) and I like the easy Preferred service with Avis.

Thanks. Any other recent Avis renters want to offer their experiences?

Everything else was just fine. Shuttle ran on time, computers were up and running. I guess just coming back from the cruise and being tired didn't help our experience with them.

Your'e right, other than the wrong car and the stones, Avis was fine.

Actually, one more question...

Why didn't you have DH get the car and come back for you and all your stuff? Maybe it was just the 2 of you? I can't imagine the 4 of us and all the stuff for a 7 night cruise on the rental car bus.

What were most people doing?

We used Avis in August. We did seem to wait longer at the port for the shuttle to come than the other rental companies. We also had preferred service and the car was ready when we arrived and a very short line to get the paperwork. I had booked Avis for our upcoming November cruise, but after reviewing Dave's site, I found a better rate for a larger car at Budget. I will report back how that works out.

We used Avis on 8/23 and 8/30 with no problems at all. Everything ran smoothly for us, in fact, one of the Avis people loaded our luggage into our minivan for us. We used the Avis shuttle for all six of us and our luggage from the port. The Avis shuttle we used held quite a bit of luggage and a good number of passengers.

we booked through Budget this time. Last time we did HappyLimo. My question is: Will Budget provide complimentary shuttle from port to their location after the cruise? No one in their office could answer that one for me yet.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter