Radison Worldgate Resort, Orlando

Rajeev Sharma

Earning My Ears
We are planning to book our stay in Dec.in Radison Worldgate Resort in Orlando. They are offering very nice packages (looks like) and very cheap. Can anybody tell if there is something is hidden (or the fine print)? I tried to talk to this hotel directly, seeems to be OK except the 90 minute mandatory sales conference (which is tolerable).
If anybody has the experience with this package, kindly share with us. How is this hotel overall.

I stayed at this hotel in 2004. It was clean, rooms were spacious, staff was friendly, and we loved the pool. I can't tell you about the presentation though. We purchased our stay through Hotwire at $50 per night- no strings attached (except non-refundable).

We stayed here a few times through Priceline..the most recent being about a year ago. We were not thrilled with the place. The people at the check in were unfriendly and while the main areas like the lobby etc are really nice..the common areas like the back door entrance are shabby and the rooms while large were not the greatest in our opinion..

I wont bid on priceline in that star range anymore because i am afraid to get this place again. Just not our first choice with all the other nice places in the area

have seen this place on RCI points with the highest "gold crown" ratings...

looks like it is a hotel in transition to a timeshare????

had never heard about it before we came across this week while checking rci gold crown resorts in Orlando

I dont think so...at least I havent seen anything about that and I belong to TUG where all the new info comes out :confused3

it is called driftwood worldgate resort and it has the same address as the Radisson Worldgate Resort, Kissimmee 3011 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL

http://www.rci.com/GPN2/CDA/Functio...t&resort_id=7916&pageTitle= Resort&pageType=3

when you click on the website listed in the above url it takes you to

http://www.dhmvacations.com/

then

http://www.dhmvacations.com/aboutus.html

shows that it has Radisson Worldgate Resort

Driftwood Hospitality Management

Florida:
Crown Plaza at Sawgrass Mills, Sunrise, FL
Hampton Inn & Suites, Miami, FL
Holiday Inn Airport & Marina, Sarasota, FL
Holiday Inn Miami Airport West, Miami, FL
Radisson Miami Hotel, Miami, FL
Radisson WorldGate Resort, Orlando, FL

somewhere along the line i was bounced to the radisson worldgate resort website too....

?????

maybe i am imagining things

for what it is worth.....the only reason we found out about it.....was some exploring on RCI points since we are in the process of purchasing some POINTS off of ebay

I have to agree with DianeV about the place. We only stayed there because it seemed like every gave it good reviews and the unofficial guide had it very highly rated, so maybe we expected too much. We didnt like our room at all. It just seemed drab. We didnt have to do the timeshare pitch but they tryed to invite us to the VIP breakfast which was basically part of the pitch. We already had our breakfasts included in our package so we said no. Where we did eat breakfast was where the VIP breakfast were held and I have to say avoid it if you can. We didnt hear what was said but you could tell who was doing it as you would see a couple sitting there done and ready to go as the salesman sat there blabbing away, taking his sweet time with a full plate.

A good thing come about by staying there. That was the trip we decided and bought DVC.

OMG, it does look like the same place! How in the world would they do that? I havent heard a thing about it and only know of it as a regular hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter