Rachel & Chauncey-SBP/Morocco 12/08/09 Updated 6/10 TR IS DONE!!!!

I just found your PJ and LOVE everything so far! Your engagement story is so cute and I love your rings! I really LOVE your dress... totally glam and I think the first hairstyle would look stunning with it! Congrats on everything... can't wait to read more!

Well at least you have told them now and they have enough time to work out if they can make it and be a BM to you.

Thats cool you are making your own flowers, are they going to be fresh flowers?

Well at least you have told them now and they have enough time to work out if they can make it and be a BM to you.

Thats cool you are making your own flowers, are they going to be fresh flowers?

Nope, I'm going with fake. My colors are based on the colors in a peacock feather. I'm doing my bouquet with cream roses (my dress is ivory), peacock feathers and stems with Swarovski crystals. Then the BM dresses are going to be Swarovski stems and peacock feathers. I found a website that sells the stems for only $1.70 a piece and come in all kinds of colors so I can do the BM bouquets with different colors. Right now I can't find a ribbon I like to wrap the bouquets with. I don't know whether I should do a combination of the blue and teal or a silver instead. :confused3

Nope, I'm going with fake. My colors are based on the colors in a peacock feather. I'm doing my bouquet with cream roses (my dress is ivory), peacock feathers and stems with Swarovski crystals. Then the BM dresses are going to be Swarovski stems and peacock feathers. I found a website that sells the stems for only $1.70 a piece and come in all kinds of colors so I can do the BM bouquets with different colors. Right now I can't find a ribbon I like to wrap the bouquets with. I don't know whether I should do a combination of the blue and teal or a silver instead. :confused3

It's very cool that your crafty! I would love to try to make my own bouquets but I am definetly artistically challenged!

sounds great so far! you def need to post pics of your flowers, i bet those colors will look stunning!

WOW everything looks great. I love the idea of the peacock feathers and I would love to see a close up of your ring!

I usually don't consider myself crafty, but since I'm not doing some complicated bouquet with a ton of different flowers I figured why not. I can handle a few roses and feathers right? I went to the Hobby Lobby by DF's place earlier and bought all the peacock feathers they had (which wasn't a whole lot, only about 5) and all the roses they have in the style/color I want (again only about 5). I'm gonna have to hunt down more feathers (there's another Hobby Lobby by my house) and I still need to find ribbon to wrap the stems. I hope to do a trial run on our invites this weekend, I've still gotta get ink for the printer. If that goes well I'll be able to start putting together our invites!

DF and I also set a date for our at home reception, June 12th! We got the rental form for the church we're going to use (they have this huge multi-purpose room and a brick outdoor patio that DF designed and installed himself). We're going to have the reception and then leave for WDW the following day! The plan is to stay at WDW from the 13th to the 17th, and then on the 18th we leave for our 1st Disney cruise! The Disney Wonder leaves June 18th from Port Canaveral and sails for 4 nights in the Bahamas and stops at Nassau and Castaway Cay. This will be DF's first cruise ever, and my first Disney cruise. We're both pretty excited! :cheer2:

Okay after fighting with my camera for what seems like hours, I've finally got e-ring pics!

DSCN3797.jpg

DSCN3817.jpg

DSCN3818.jpg

DSCN3820.jpg

oh thats a ring alright! its so pretty and unusual.

have you tried experimenting with the flowers yet- get the 3 ribbons, blue, teal and silver and just have a little play with what they look like.. ? worth a try? and if you do, post piccys! hehe!

lovvve the ring! So pretty, I love the shape! Oh and yea for Rev Jack, we have booked him too, he is so sweet on the phone. The picture on his website of him and his wife is the sweetest thing ever!:flower3:

oh thats a ring alright! its so pretty and unusual.

have you tried experimenting with the flowers yet- get the 3 ribbons, blue, teal and silver and just have a little play with what they look like.. ? worth a try? and if you do, post piccys! hehe!

Thanks! I haven't seen a mounting like it before which I love. Doesn't it kind of look like a flower with the sapphire? I've bought my flowers and feathers, I'm just waiting to order the crystal stems. I'll take some pictures of what I have so far so you can see what I'm thinking.

Oh your ring is BEAUITFUL!!! I love that is so unique:thumbsup2

Thanks!

lovvve the ring! So pretty, I love the shape! Oh and yea for Rev Jack, we have booked him too, he is so sweet on the phone. The picture on his website of him and his wife is the sweetest thing ever!:flower3:

Thank you! I'm so excited that we got him. He seems like a great guy.

Things are still coming together. My mom has used her time share to book a couple of condos about a mile from WDW for her, DF's parents and grandparents so now almost everyone has a place to stay. I got printer ink so I'm gonna do some test invites tomorrow after work. :thumbsup2

Yeah more updates!

We got Rev. Jack's info in the mail today! For those of you who have used him, if we don't use one of his pre-made ceremonies how does he want the ceremony sent to him? Do we just type it up in Microsoft Word or something like that?

Also, we got our GC for our Disney honeymoon registry so now we can tell everyone know we've registered there too!

Now for DYI updates: I still have to order the Swarovski stems for the bouquets, but tonight I went ahead and cut all the flowers and feathers to get them the length I want:

DSCN3823.jpg

DSCN3827.jpg

And then I did a test run on our invites! I'm really happy on how they came out.

Invite1.jpg

Invite2.jpg

There's a lot of measuring and cutting involved, so I'm gonna have to find a day and a couple of helpers to make the rest of them. :thumbsup2

those flowers look so nice!! they are a definate yes arent they!!!

Well done for making the invite mock up- i am DREADING doing anything crafty- i will be wasting my time and money! hehe!! you done a good job

wow your invites look beautiful! Very pretty and the colors are great, it really all ties into the Peacock feather look too!

Oh I have learned about asking people for help... if your feed them or supply the wine they will come lol! I'm telling you just feed em and you'll have all the help you need:rotfl: !

those flowers look so nice!! they are a definate yes arent they!!!

Well done for making the invite mock up- i am DREADING doing anything crafty- i will be wasting my time and money! hehe!! you done a good job

Thanks! I'm really happy they came out well. It wasn't that hard, just kind of time consuming because I had to measure the edges to get them cut correctly. But it's seriously worth it, I figure once I'm done with all of them it'll come to no more than $2-$3 per invite. :thumbsup2

wow your invites look beautiful! Very pretty and the colors are great, it really all ties into the Peacock feather look too!

Oh I have learned about asking people for help... if your feed them or supply the wine they will come lol! I'm telling you just feed em and you'll have all the help you need:rotfl: !

Thank you! I always tell people I'll work for food so that's probably what will happen. popcorn::

We got the rest of our rooms booked for DF and I. For our 4 night requirement we are staying at Pop Century, and now we've booked 6 more nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. :cool1: I've been using Mouse Fan Travel for all our booking and I can't say enough great things about them. If you're needing help booking a Disney vacation, I would highly recommend them. I've also printed off the rest of our invites and I may get them assembled this weekend. DF and I are going to his parents for the weekend so I may be able to get my FMIL to help me put them together. If not, no biggie. It coming together!

Update time!

I went with DF to his parents over the weekend and between his mom and I we got all our invites put together and even started handing them out! :thumbsup2 We should have our final guest list by the end of next month so then we can plan favors and stuff like that (and get my BM dresses taken care of). :cool1: Sometimes I feel like I have tons to do and then some times I feel like I have nothing to do you know what I mean? The joys of being a bride I guess :lmao:

Sorry for the lack of updates, but this past week hasn't been the best. I found out on Monday that my lovely cat has a rare virus that isn't curable and he only has a few weeks to live :guilty: Granted he's 20 years old and I know he isn't going to live forever, but it's been a bit of a shock. The good news is right now he isn't in any pain or anything so we'll be able to keep him until well, you know :sad1:

Anyways, we sent in our deposit over a week ago and have been waiting to hear if they got it, and yesterday I got an email from our assigned planner, Kathleen! Now DF and I can sit down and pick out our cake, music and all that other fun stuff. :cool1:

Plus today I had a lightbulb go off. While DF and I were at his parents over the weekend his mother and I were talking about the at-home reception we'll be throwing and how to tie it into the wedding itself. I'm going with an golden age of Hollywood style with my dress and stuff, so we're going to theme our reception as a "night at the movies". DF and I were already planning on showing the video of our wedding ceremony so everyone gets to see if even if they we're actually there. Plus DF has some sort of multi-media surprise he's planning as well so we're gonna take the movie theme and roll with it. A few things we've decided upon:

We're gonna do the photo mat as our signature/guest book

signaturemat.jpg

And as our favors, a candy buffett. Probably in our favorite sweet treats but we'll decorate the table with our colors (the teal, sapphire blue and ivory).

yellow-wedding-candy-buffet.jpg

pink-white-candy-buffet.jpg

candy-buffet2.jpg

I know some people haven't enjoyed doing the at-home reception, but I'm really excited cause it's like planning a really fun party that I know everyone is going to enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!