Race then cruise?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
I hope to run the dark side and then hop on a cruise ship. Has anyone raced in the morning and got to the port in time? I have never run disney before so I have no idea about time tables. Im not an overly fast runner, but I wont be with the balloon ladies either and it is only a half marathon. I am thinking trying to do it all will be too stressful, but I wondered if others have done it. Might just stick with the dream since it leaves mid week and this (hopefully) will be my first disney race.

I hope to run the dark side and then hop on a cruise ship. Has anyone raced in the morning and got to the port in time? I have never run disney before so I have no idea about time tables. Im not an overly fast runner, but I wont be with the balloon ladies either and it is only a half marathon. I am thinking trying to do it all will be too stressful, but I wondered if others have done it. Might just stick with the dream since it leaves mid week and this (hopefully) will be my first disney race.
Sail Away isn't until 3:45ish (but you'd want to be on the ship before then for the muster drill)...and the half starts at 5:30 for the earliest corrals, so it's safe to say you'd be done by 9ish. I think that's plenty of one to get to port - assuming you're cruising DCL out of Port Canaveral. Sailing out of Miami I'm not sure about.

Not sure what kind of transportation you're look to take...might be tricky with Disney pick-ups just because you can't pick the time, but if you have your own car or arrange private transportation it seems like you could make it happen. :)

If it was Miami then I wouldn't chance it...timing would be too close, but Port Canaveral should be ok.

You *should* be fine! The race is done we'll before the park even opens. Additionally the DCL bus leaves Disney at like 10. And sail away isn't til late afternoon. You should be good to go, but just in case I would buy trip insurance to cover you just in case :yay:

I will be. My friend and I decided to skip out on WDW after the Princess to do the cruise. We're sailing out of Port Canaveral because like @Z-Knight said Miami is risky. If you plan on leaving from the resort via Disney's transportation then have a back up plan in mind just in case because you won't know the exact bus pickup until you arrive at Disney I believe. They can give you an estimate though if you call the Cruise Line. We're estimated to get picked up at 11:10-11:25 right now and think we should make it. Especially since my friends got to an off-site hotel by 11:30 from the last corral in the past.

Thanks all. I ended up booking the monday dream just to avoid the stress. Now of course I have to get into the stupid race tomorrow or it doesn't matter anyway! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter