race refund for upgrading

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by tinkerbellnh, Jan 5, 2019.

1. tinkerbellnh

tinkerbellnh Earning My Ears

Hi i'm hoping someone on here can help. I signed up my DS for the 10k race but now he wants to do the challenge race for Star Wars Weekend. i called rundisney and they told me to re-register him for the challenge and then send an email with the information to them and they will credit me back minus the 40.00 fee. i havent seen or heard for anyone there since i called them. i'm hoping that i wasnt given the wrong information by someone there. has anyone had any luck doing this at all. TIA

2. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins Oh my God, he just ran in

I had a similar issue a few months ago. Initially I signed up for the Rival Run Challenge then called them, registered for the Kessel Run Challenge, and within a few days, they returned my original payment for the rival run. It took under a week for me (I think the credit came in about 4 days later or so). Hope it helps! See you two there!!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

I did this when upgrading from Goofy to Dopey. Nerve-wracking but they did refund me the Goofy registration minus $40 like they said they would.

rteetz likes this.
  5. tinkerbellnh

did u do it online or on the phone??

6. Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins Oh my God, he just ran in

Over the phone

7. tinkerbellnh

ok thanx. they told me i had to send in an email after i had registered him for the challenge.

8. Bree

Bree Runs on Coffee

How long ago? They are really swamped with marathon weekend coming up next week.

bumbershoot likes this.
  9. tinkerbellnh

at least a wk ago. maybe a few days more

10. Keels

Keels The Official Keels of RunDisney

Did you fill out a transfer form or give them the new registration number? It doesn’t happen automatically.

11. tinkerbellnh

no they didnt tell me anything like that. i didnt even know u had to do it. they told me just to send an email

12. MonkeyDishwasher

MonkeyDishwasher <font color=teal>Yes!!! I got the first non-topic

I did an upgrade from a Tinkerbell 10k to a Challenge a few years ago. I emailed the address on the rundisney site and they emailed me a pdf form to print, fill out, scan and email back. I was refunded minus the service charges within a week.

13. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Did you give them his info from the confirmation emails so they can match it all up?

14. Bree

Bree Runs on Coffee

Did you get the form? That’s what you will need so they can process everything. They probably aren’t allowed to do anything without a signed form.