Race Deferral & Pre-purchased Jacket

runjanerun

Earning My Ears
Hi~

I'm thinking of deferring my GSC 2016. I prepurchased the jacket and the pins though.

I saw this on the website:

I purchased other race weekend products, am I able to defer those as well?

All race weekend products, including ChEAR Squad packages, Pasta in the Park Party tickets, and Commemorative Items, are non-deferrable, non-transferrable, and non-refundable.

Is there any way around this? Arggghh!

Last edited:
That seems pretty clear to me. Unless you manage to call someone at rD and get some kind of special exemption, you're stuck with the 2016 jacket and pins. Those items could end up being in high demand, so you might be able to sell them to someone else.

you're stuck with the 2016 jacket and pins. Those items could end up being in high demand, so you might be able to sell them to someone else.

Not really. The website also says that I am the only one who can pick up the jacket and pins. If I don't pick them up, they won't mail them out.

So to defer the race, I am out: the fee for deferral + $131 (which was the cost of the jacket and pins). :-(

I just wanted to know if anyone had ever actually been able to get some sort of exemption from the rD policies.

I think you are stuck. If you are still going to be in WDW for race weekend and just not running you can pick up the jacket and pin. If you aren't going to be there you are probably out of luck.

I am not sure, though, how strict they are on picking up the jacket and pin compared to the bib and packet. The only person that can pick up your bib and packet is you, or an identical twin with your license I suppose, but I'm not sure if that is the case with the extra purchases. I would contact RunDisney and let them know about your situation and see if there is a way to have someone else pick up the pin and jacket if you defer and won't be in town.

I deferred the first Dopey abut had bought the pins. Contacted RD and they sent them to me.

P.S. anyone looking for inaugural Dopey pin set?

Thanks everyone. I called RD and they told me that when the deferral process goes live on the website, it will have an option for me to choose to have my pre-purchased items shipped to me.

I too am thinking that I have to defer this race plus my sisters race. The problem for me isn't just that I prepurchased the pin bundles but also the race retreat. Do believe that I'm about to be out a lot of money. It's regrettable but think I've just learned a valuable lesson about ordering those items up front.

Oh well - this is life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter