Rac for Southwest Air at Pop Century

bridgewaterduo

Earning My Ears
Understand the Pop Century Resort is running a trial using RAC for Southwest Airlines:goodvibes. Has anyone been there and used this option? Is it still going on? Thanks for any info.

I'm also interested to know if they are still trialing it or if they decided to keep doing it permanently or stop it.

I'm also interested to know if they are still trialing it or if they decided to keep doing it permanently or stop it.

We stayed at Pop 6/15-6/25 and flew Southwest both ways. There was no indication at Pop that the SW RAC was a trial. It is listed on the slip they put in your room explaining how RAC works and the baggage fees with the various airlines. We experienced no problems whatsoever. We checked out at 9:45am with a full day to kill as our flight left mco at 9:10pm and Luggage Services stored our carry-ons and RAC took our bags and we picked them up at Balt/Wash at 11:30pm. Worked exactly as it should. We were very happy to be at Pop for that reason. We picked up other guests at POR on our way to mco and they had to bring their luggage.

That's great news. I hope Southwest is continuing this in October when I'm there!

I assume you still have to check in with SWA 24 hrs in advance to get your boarding pass. How do you then check in w/RAC. Do you just give them your bags & show your boarding passes (if you've already printed them). Do they print them for you? Just the fax please!!!

I assume you still have to check in with SWA 24 hrs in advance to get your boarding pass. How do you then check in w/RAC. Do you just give them your bags & show your boarding passes (if you've already printed them). Do they print them for you? Just the fax please!!!

What we did was to check in with our iphone 24 hrs in advance but couldn't print the passes. When we took our bags to RAC, we had to show the adult id's and then they printed the boarding passes and off we went to enjoy our last day at WDW.

WOW we will be there in Sep. It has been so much of a hastle for me and DD to bring all of our luggage(4 bags stroller and a 7 year old ) on the bus and around the airport. This will be so much easier for me!!! My flight doesn't leave untill 7pm which gives me a full day expecially not having to worry about luggage!!!:cheer2:

What we did was to check in with our iphone 24 hrs in advance but couldn't print the passes. When we took our bags to RAC, we had to show the adult id's and then they printed the boarding passes and off we went to enjoy our last day at WDW.

that would be so nice! Always fly SWA (although we have Delta down - price was too good to pass up) & have to drag bags to check in at MCO. It would be so lovely to just get on the bus w/my carry-on (and sandwiches from EOS for the airport nosh) and not have to deal with the bags. Hope the trial is still going on in Sept!

What is RAC? Can you explain this to me? We will be traveling SWA when we go in September and I am all for making my life easier.

What is RAC? Can you explain this to me? We will be traveling SWA when we go in September and I am all for making my life easier.

RAC is Resort Airline Check-in (or something similar). You can check in for your flight & check your bags right at the resort rather than the airport for the trip home. They take the bags & you don't deal with them again til you get to your home airport. SWA has never participated in this particular perk. I think the reason has to do with the 24 check in thing but don't quote me on that. Anyway, apparently SWA is doing a trial on this program @ Pop Century only.

Ok, that's all I know. I'm sure someone else will fill in the gaps (and inaccuracies!).

Pooch

I thank y'all for flying with SWA and using the new service @ the POP - I hope it is working well and encourage everyone that has used the service and/or wants to use the service to submit some feedback to Southwest via the website below....we now accept email inquiries...so that is something new and very simple to fill out and submit.

But I bet if we hear from enough folks out there - the expansion of the Resort Airline Checkin service will expand quickly!

Thanks again for the feedback - happy y'all enjoy the service!!! :cool1:

https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/feedbackEntry

I thank y'all for flying with SWA and using the new service @ the POP - I hope it is working well and encourage everyone that has used the service and/or wants to use the service to submit some feedback to Southwest via the website below....we now accept email inquiries...so that is something new and very simple to fill out and submit.

But I bet if we hear from enough folks out there - the expansion of the Resort Airline Checkin service will expand quickly!

Just have to tell you that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SWA :). I used to fly either SWA or AirTran out of Indy, but I finally got sooo frustrated with AirTran ALWAYS changing my flight (multiple times) and flights never leaving on time, that I now will only fly SWA. They have AWESOME customer service and no charge for checked bags is wonderful . Everyone I have ever dealt with at SWA is so nice and very customer service oriented. My parents are in their 80's and are snowbirds in Florida. I am their "travel agent" and they will only fly SWA because of their great customer service. My dad has difficulty walking and the wheelchair assistance is very much appreciated.

This is great!!! I hope they continue into September for this check in option. I plan on making good use of our time and last day there we don't leave for our flight until 7:30PM so not having to deal with luggage would be WONDERFUL..MARVELOUS!:thumbsup2

I just emailed them. I would love to see them expand this for our Nov/Dec trip!!!!

Thank you for the link, swabikedude, I wrote an email request for the resort checkin expansion.
Donna

I just send my e-mail as well. Lets keep our singers crossed that they expand this to all Disney resorts soon! :)

If this works out well at POP, and SW finds it profitable to use it at other resorts, then we will see it expanded to include all the WDW owned resorts. That would really be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter