R:Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Sweet Potato Salad

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Black-Eyed Pea, Corn and Sweet Potato Salad

My kids love corn and all kinds of beans/peas. I know this recipe will be a hit at my house.

6 servings

2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 16 oz. cans black-eyed peas, drained
1 1/2 cups fresh or defrosted frozen corn kernels
2 scallions, chopped fine
6 lettuce leaves

In a medium saucepan, place the sweet potatoes in boiling water to cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, until the potatoes are tender. Drain and cool under cold running water.

Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard and seasonings. Blend in the drained black-eyed peas, corn, sweet potatoes, and scallions. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Serve over a bed of leaf lettuce. Great with anything off the grill.

I haven't heard about these .......but this recipe sounds awesome

Pumba - you could probably substitute another kind of bean for the black eyed pea. Look for black eyed peas in the dried bean section of your supermarket -but if you can't find them try another smallish firm bean.

Or we could fly some black eyed peas to Maine for you!

I'm bumping up some old salady recipes for those end of summer celebrations. Here's one that I posted a long time ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter