Quit Claim Deed Notary: Grantor and Grantee in different states?

Mshheaddoc

Dreaming of Disney - 2013 with Pluto
I'm reading conflicting information on multiple sites (and threads). Does anyone know, does the Grantee have to have their signature notarized or is it just the Grantor? I'm working on the paperwork to be added to my mom's DVC but we are in different states so I'm figuring out logistics. It appears that I could just sign with two witnesses and she would need to go and notarize the document? Anyone have any feedback if you've been in different states? THANK YOU!

Simplest would be to just notarize both signatures. As buyer I had a broker require it only once but if it's in question just do it I'd say.

Simplest would be to just notarize both signatures. As buyer I had a broker require it only once but if it's in question just do it I'd say.
Ok, but since my mom is adding me to the title and the title reads grantor: Mom Grantee: Mom and Mshheaddoc technically wouldn't she have to sign with me (which she is 10 hours away)? Or should I adjust the quit claim to include two different notaries? I'm not sure where I can go to ask these questions. Thank you so much for answering!!!

You can set it to have each signature needs to be notarized so you don't have to both be present at the same time.

I would also suggest you have all signatures notarized just to be safe. You can usually find a notary at your local bank or attorney's office.

It may be too late to help you but I'll give input anyway. I am presently adding my 2 adult children to my Deed. I am using a title company that Member Services recommended. I was emailed the paperwork last Thursday, as were my adult children (one who lives out of state). I am the only one that needs to have anything notarized. My children just need to sign their paperwork and return it to the title company.

It may be too late to help you but I'll give input anyway. I am presently adding my 2 adult children to my Deed. I am using a title company that Member Services recommended. I was emailed the paperwork last Thursday, as were my adult children (one who lives out of state). I am the only one that needs to have anything notarized. My children just need to sign their paperwork and return it to the title company.
thank you!

It might not be exactly the same, but my STBX is adding me and taking himself off the paperwork. His paperwork (from LT Transfers) is entirely separate from mine, and only his needs to be notarized.

The grantor was the only signature(s) that had to be notarized on the DVC title change we just filed between family by Quit Claim deed with Orange County.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter