Quiet place to work on property?

JeffH2O

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am coming into Orlando today and will have quite a lot of work to do between now and the weekend when my friend comes in for some park time. What's your go to place if you need to get a bit of work done or are just looking for a quiet place? I will have a car so can go anywhere. I just thought it might be a little more enjoyable working on property somewhere over a Starbucks. Thinking Territory Lounge or AKL maybe? Thanks in advance y'all!

At AKL my husband took his laptop to the lounge area just off the lobby at Jambo and sat at a table and worked for a couple of hours with views of the Savanna. It was next to the game room, I think (or maybe one floor up or down from it but in that area)

The CR floor with the conference rooms gets my vote. I can't remember what floor, go up a level or two from the lobby. If no conference going on, always super quiet!

The CR floor with the conference rooms gets my vote. I can't remember what floor, go up a level or two from the lobby. If no conference going on, always super quiet!
The level where you get the elevator to California Grill (might be the second floor) tends to be quiet away from the escalator. But you might have problems parking for long periods of time if you aren't staying there. Where are you staying?

Yacht Club has a few pleasant areas, both inside and outside. Ditto Boardwalk--they have a nice verandah overlooking the boardwalk.

Coronado Springs is a convention resort and last time we stayed there, there were a few business folks working on laptops at the tables outside of El Centro, next to the bar. Beautiful view of the lake and it looked like a nice spot to relax and get some work done, especially since the weather was nice.

My DH typically always has to work at least bit when we visit WDW, he usually has a few teleconferences as well. He has always been able to find nice quiet places in the resort lobby areas. The Contemporary has several nice areas inside that are great for working since it is a conference hotel. As PP said, Coronado Springs is also a conference hotel and there were a lot of great spots there as well - with the construction I don't know what the current situation would be however. He actually found several nice quiet spots in both Epcot and MK for teleconferences which was nice because I could do an attraction or two while he did his teleconference.

Having stayed at various resorts over the last 17 years my choice would be the Wilderness Lodge. It has a very quite lobby. And you can go upstairs to the second and/or third floor and find a varying array of little nooks and crannies complete with very comfortable couches and chairs that are incredibly private and quite. And if you need a drink and/or snack it's a quick walk down the stairs.

The Beach Club has a nice solarium.
Your right! that is a good idea..It's just off the marketplace where you can keep an eye on some tables.. you can leave your stuff and a quickly grab a drink or snack. During the day it was dead in there too.

Another totally quiet place is CR.. on the one level where the ballrooms are. by the escalators.. but I am not sure if they have only couches or tables to sit and work.

Hi everyone!

I am coming into Orlando today and will have quite a lot of work to do between now and the weekend when my friend comes in for some park time. What's your go to place if you need to get a bit of work done or are just looking for a quiet place? I will have a car so can go anywhere. I just thought it might be a little more enjoyable working on property somewhere over a Starbucks. Thinking Territory Lounge or AKL maybe? Thanks in advance y'all!

Stupid question. but what about your hotel room? Or do you also want to get out and see things? Wifi might be an issue too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter