Quiet Cat 4 staterooms?

CheapMom

DIS Veteran
I have heard alot of people complain about the noise in their staterooms on Deck 8. We originally were booked for 8036 but after reading these boards was worried about the noise. Changed to 8550. I am reading that is noisy as well. Are there any good Cat 4s out there that are quiet? Any Input Appreciated.

Oh dear. I hope they aren't that noisy. I'm in 8528 in April. I picked that room because it was under the quiet pool area and not Goofy's pool area. We are right next to the Roy Disney Suite. Please somebody tell us they aren't that noisy.

We were in 8018. No problems with noise. In fact I was surprised by the number of people saying the cat. 4's were noisy.
This one was great. Kim

We were upgraded on the Feb 7th cruise.
We had rom 8502. It was at the very forward of the ship and very quiet.
No problems.

mrsdon- you had to love that upgrade! Thanks everyone for the input- after more research I have conflicting reports about 8550- some say quiet and lovely and others say kids running overhead, people screaming...
who knows, maybe it depends on who is in the surrounding rooms. I am not terribly picky but I would hate for the baby to be awakened during the wee hours.

We have been in 8028, 8026 (one right next to the Walt Disney Suite, the other two down from it).

There was a little noise (some partying, my mom said that she heard a little bit of chair scraping that I slept throught) but I found that I heard no more noise than when we stayed on deck 6.

Deck 8 is an amazing deck, especially since you are only one floor down from the pool, spa, food etc... and you don't have to wait for the elevator. I made a vow last cruise (which I will do again this cruise) to never use the elevators on the ship, and walking down from deck 8 gave me some exercise to get down to shopping, theatres and more food without killing myself!

Hope this helps
Katdb

We were in 8528 in 02’ and did not have any problems with noise at all. We are booked in 8518 for this May and I was worried might be noisy since it is near the elevators/steps. However, many people told me that we should not experience any extra noise. I am looking forward to our stay in a category 4 again!

When we stayed in 8026 we didn't hear any noise.

CheapMom,

We have been on two past cruises and have stayed in 8552 right next door to 8550 and have had no problems whatsoever. We have never heard any hallway noise or had noisy neighbors (that may just be luck). But when it came to booking our upcoming cruise 8552 was taken. (Wonder why!?!) :( So we opted for 8520 we have decided to try our luck forward this time... I'm sure it won't disappoint!

Thank you so much, you guys. You've eased my mind. I was beginning to get nervous about all the "noise". I guess it really all depends on neighbors manners and some good luck with chairs. I'll let you all know how it went after we come back. Thanks again.

We absolutely loved that stateroom - and loved that deck as well. Most of the noise (not that it bothered us) is maybe between 10 and midnight - nothing really in the wee hours of the morning - and we really only noticed the noise on the verandah, not in the stateroom. I also was another person who took the stairs everywhere rather than the elevator for exactly the same reason!

Lisa
:Pinkbounc :sunny: :bounce: :sunny: :Pinkbounc

Come to think of it we did hear some noise ONCE on the verandah. It was in the morning and the CM's were moving deck chairs! Other than that we had smooth sailing and silent waves! Happy Sailing all!

Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter