Quickest travel time from Resort Hotel to Port Canveral using Disney Transportation

Vikesfan80

Earning My Ears
I have a 3 day cruise booked coming from a WDW report hotel and want to get the most time on the cruise as possible but still use Disney transportation.

Option 1 - (I understand this is the easy option) just book transfers from the resort hotel to the port and that usually picks up around 11-12:30 and gets to the port around 2ish.

Option 2 - would be to use DME from resort hotel to Airport and then use Disney transportation to port...has anyone tried this option? DME should pick me up earlier and should make it to the port at least 2 hours earlier than option 1. Any concerns trying this, luggage maybe?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

I have a 3 day cruise booked coming from a WDW report hotel and want to get the most time on the cruise as possible but still use Disney transportation.

Option 1 - (I understand this is the easy option) just book transfers from the resort hotel to the port and that usually picks up around 11-12:30 and gets to the port around 2ish.

Option 2 - would be to use DME from resort hotel to Airport and then use Disney transportation to port...has anyone tried this option? DME should pick me up earlier and should make it to the port at least 2 hours earlier than option 1. Any concerns trying this, luggage maybe?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
You certainly can take the DME back to the airport, with the plan to catch an earlier bus there.

It's not something I would do. First, you've got to wrangle your own bags from resort to DME to DCL transfer desk. Second, you need to tell Dme what time you need to be at the airport and they will pick you up about 2 hours before that time to take you there. Third, one hour from WDW resort, wait time at the airport (undetermined length), one hour from MCO to port = a lot of time traveling that day, just to get to the port. It's only about a hour from resort to port directly. Fourth, even arriving via DCL bus from the airport at, say 10:30, you're not going to be boarding the ship before, at the earliest, 11:45ish. So just waiting around the terminal to board, it's very crowded and noisy.

All in all, not a very peaceful way to get from resort to port, IMO.

The "quickest" would be take the bus directly from resort to port. The "earliest" would be to do the resort/MCO/port trip (as long as you're at the airport by 8:30).

You could also book private transportation. If you have 4 or more in your party it’s about the same price.

Thanks again for everyone input, I think we are also leaning towards private transportation.

Thanks again for everyone input, I think we are also leaning towards private transportation.
They will often also allow you to stop for a quick grocery run, if you want to bring your allotment of alcohol onto the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter