Quick trip in February

brodieSS24

Earning My Ears
Hi All....

Looking for advice for which moderate to stay for a quick 2 night stay.... will be driving over from Tampa and hitting parks for three days and heading home.

Based on price and availability and price, I've narrowed it down to Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs or Old Key West. We are 3 adults (well two parents and a 17yr old) and will be visiting HS, AK and MK probably in that order. I'm thinking proximity to the parks and food/drink options at the resort are important. Pool options are nice but the weather will be iffy in February.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Gusman

Tampa resident here.

You're asking for A LOT for a 2 night trip
If you want to visit all 3 of those parks you will not really have time for swimming so that shouldn't be part of your equation for determining which resort.

Carribean Beach has Skyliner to DHS and Epcot but since your not going to Epcot that's not a huge factor but is a better transportation option than your other choices. You'll be bussing to MK and AK. The dining options at CB are less than stellar.

Coronado Springs is a very nice resort but you'll be taking buses to every park you want to visit. Not a bad option though since dining options seem to be improving there.

Can't really help on OKW. Never stayed there but I'm thinking dining options are limited.

Overall, I think you will need to pay for the third adult in your room.

Your plan of going to 3 parks in 3 days/2 nights seems ambitious unless you've been to all the parks quite a few times. It's going to be difficult to hit the highlights on such a limited time frame. Of course, if you're a park regular and you just want to kick back and soak up the atmosphere that's another story!

Not for nothing but if it was me, I would plan on DHS, Epcot and MK and stay at CB to take advantage of the Skyiner to 2 of the parks. Skip AK as there are no shows now and, for me, that was always one of the best things about AK.

Last edited:
At OKW, you will have Olivia's for table service and Goods to Go for counter service. Tables for dining at Goods to Go are picnic benches outside. No inside seating. OKW will give you two queen beds for studios and probably in a building without an elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter