Quick reviews 4/6-4/10 (Pop, GF Cafe, Raglan, Beaches, Sci-Fi, etc.)

wonderchica

Mouseketeer
Hello! Thanks for stopping by. I’m sharing some quick reviews, some with pictures, from our trip April 6-10 2022. It was a very busy spring break week, but we had a great time and tried a couple new to us restaurants. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures of food so there’s only a few.

Our first stop was our resort food court at Pop Century! I got the kids cheeseburger and fries, which was exactly what you’d expect. Perfectly serviceable. We tried the 50th anniversary cheesecake- raspberry cheesecake on a almond shortbread crust with a champagne glaze. I’d call this more of a mousse than a cheesecake. It was very soft inside. The glaze is very sparkly and we spent a lot of time debating how they get it that way. This was sweet but not overly so, with a nice flavor. We both enjoyed this and it’s very cute!
05D78E5E-F99F-4EAD-9433-73CD57609467.jpeg

476812E1-7ECF-4CFC-94F1-F25132C8AFB7.jpeg

Day 2 took us to Magic Kingdom. The morning started off cloudy and the skies roared open while we were at lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. The GF was a new pick for us and probably my favorite meal of the trip! I just love the GF atmosphere. We were seated in the back room, which was quieter and gave us lots of windows to watch other guests battle the storm outside. My mom got French toast which she enjoyed and I opted for the chicken and waffles!
7B8917C3-A93C-4D97-9F1A-1C0C13C6087A.jpeg
This was delicious!! I’m not a sriracha fan so I opted for the glaze on the side to sample. Needless to say, I was still not a fan and went for the regular syrup instead. The chicken was super crispy and juicy, and the waffle was perfectly soft on the inside. After we finished, the storm was still raging so we decided to wait it out by…

Since it was still pouring rain, we decided to take the monorail over to the Poly for a bit for dessert and to hang out. I tried a sample of the lime dole whip, which was a bit tart for me so I went for the classic pineapple-vanilla twist. The Poly lobby is so nice to relax in, but it was quite busy with everyone hiding from the rain.

15E9A02A-D5F2-4520-9570-7C9AF452CD15.jpeg

307E29B9-A282-4CCF-9B26-31042C293A8D.jpeg

Last edited:
We briefly got a reprieve from the rain and headed back to the parks! After lots of rides, we ended with a standard Cosmic Ray’s dinner. Nothing to write home about, as ever, but we did make the very wise decision to pick up a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s for dessert!
74E89BF4-536D-407C-9919-EF044D4A783D.jpeg

Always ask for the extra icing, my friends! While I was ordering this, I overheard my mom beside me trying to order another one and I panicked and stopped her because two is too many!! Lol. These are huge!

Last edited:

The next day we headed to Hollywood Studios BRIGHT and early for early entry! This went fantastic- we hit Smugglers, Toy Story Mania, and MMRR in the first 40ish minutes with no waits. We hopped on a quick Star Tours before settling in to some shows. We picked up Starbucks on our way into Frozen and my mom released her Big Retirement Energy and ate a slice of carrot cake in the middle of the show during the “no food and drinks” announcements. After a lifetime of being a rule follower, she is DONE!
D0323DCC-4EE2-4EFD-82D3-0100AE472A44.jpeg

We hit up the Market for a Num Num cookie! It was nice and warm and perfect for sharing.
5A8CAA58-37A7-4992-858F-FF6683E1E810.jpeg

For lunch we went to Sci Fi. I always love the dark, quiet atmosphere here on a busy day. Last year we had a pretty good meal here but this one was dismal. My burger was very, very dry and we waited forever for ketchup. It really put me off this one.
70ED2DE4-222A-4604-85DF-652FE37D2901.jpeg

Last edited:
That evening, we park hopped to Epcot around 6 with plans to grab dinner, ride Rat for the first time, and watch the new fireworks. We had a LL for Soarin to attend to as well. We first attempted the pizza window in Italy, but they weren’t taking magic bands and we didn’t have anything else. Is this normal? We’ve never done the window before, only gone in to Via Napoli. Unfortunately, this ended up taking a lot of our time since we’d already been waiting in line and now had to hunt for something else. We went to Regal Eagle and enjoyed a burger. I always get the garlic aioli on the side- yum! The fries here are great as well, with their seasoning. Forgot to take pics so here’s some other sights of Epcot!
B297A501-96B9-4196-AD78-B9F93A606A85.jpeg

D1337646-5877-48D4-8E53-F648637378F7.jpeg

D1643BA6-45C0-4CBE-AD39-B2BAF47E687F.jpeg
I was planning to grab a macaron ice cream sandwich from Les Artisan to enjoy during the fireworks, but dinner messed up our timing and made it impossible. We loved Harmonious! The tacos/Kraken are so ugly during the day but they used them to great effect. I love hearing the classic Disney songs in other languages, too. While we were watching Enchanted the first night, the group beside us was singing along to everything in French.

Loved that 50th cheesecake mousse from Pop, I always appreciate a non-chocolate treat! Funny that your mom almost ordered another cinnamon roll at Gastons, that would have been a whole meal!

After two busy park days, it was nice to sleep in! We headed to Disney Springs for a little shopping and go try a new to us restaurant- Raglan Road. I was very excited for this one, mostly for the music and dancing. WHOMP WHOMP- we got put in a little room to the side, with a big wall between us and the stage and couldn’t see anything. It wasn’t very busy so I was surprised they were putting anyone back there. I should’ve asked if we could move, but I was disappointed and caught off guard so I didn’t think about it. I stood up a few times during the show to take a peek but it was obviously less than ideal. No food pics here either!
D56AC72A-FE0B-48B2-8975-563E6AF3899D.jpeg
My mom ordered the pancakes and didn’t love them. They were a little more solid than fluffy- I guess that’s appropriate for Irish food, maybe? We ended up splitting our orders, which was perfect for brunch. I ordered the new chicken sandwich and it was very tasty. I love anything with truffle aioli and the chicken was nice and crispy. Here’s the description-

NOW YOU’RE TALKIN’ CHICKEN SANDWICH
Fried buttermilk chicken breast, hot sauce, scallions, shredded pickled slaw, truffle aioli and grated parmesan.

After touring a few resorts, we made our way via Skyliner to the Boardwalk area for our dinner at Beaches and Cream. We headed in the wrong direction of course, and realized halfway to the Boardwalk we needed to be at Beach Club. DUH! This whole area is so pretty. I’ve never spent much time here before but I really fell in love with BC and have added it to my list for future stays.
6B6200CD-E32B-4331-A19B-E06AFB3745E3.jpeg

Beaches and Cream is such a cute little place! Everything was so bright and cheerful. We ordered burgers, tots, and onion rings. The onion rings were a highlight. The burgers were good but not very exciting. The real star here is of course the ice cream. We split a mudslide sundae. It was delicious and the brownie was nice and chewy.
5E4D7494-D2FD-4907-9D9A-E523C5193E4D.jpeg

AC9E6347-3825-447B-BB0D-63B42F42ED78.jpeg

Sadly, the next day it was time to head home. We dropped our luggage off at bell services to hold while we went to Riviera via Skyliner to hang out and have lunch. We had not been impressed by pictures of Riviera before visiting, but we both thought it was much nicer than we imagined. The murals of course are a showstopper, but all the grounds were very pretty.
04DE3C1D-E8F8-4B88-8447-EB5B4139316C.jpeg

1529AF6D-AD70-49B7-9153-D7CD4DB9F860.jpeg
We tried Primo Piatto after reading such good reviews here on the Dis. Mom ordered the flatbread pizza and enjoyed it. I got the chicken sandwich with herb romano fries.
A19C22DB-5C0D-4AAB-ABC2-058715913DBB.jpeg
This was pretty good. The focaccia bread was a nice change, and the chicken was cooked well. I wish the mozzarella had been a little more melty- it was still in that kind of rubbery stage. We ate inside as it was a little chilly out, but the grounds were so nice it would lovely to eat outside in good weather.

All in all, we had a great trip and can’t wait for the next one! I’m glad we got to try some new things. I will definitely be hitting up the GF Cafe next time, and I’ve added the BC to my list of future resorts! I hope anyone traveling soon has a wonderful trip and I hope my reviews have helped some. Thanks for reading along!

Loved that 50th cheesecake mousse from Pop, I always appreciate a non-chocolate treat! Funny that your mom almost ordered another cinnamon roll at Gastons, that would have been a whole meal!
Yes! She looked at me like I was crazy, but she hadn’t had one before and understood quickly when she saw it LOL. Some days I might want a whole one but my cholesterol disagrees!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter